Using an IPad in vet school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lianguine

Tufts c/o 2028
Reaction score
Hey guys. I hear almost every vet student in support of using an iPad to take notes in class. I’m a big proponent since I used one during undergrad and liked it. However, I only have the 9th gen model with 64 GB internal storage and was told this might be too small. I really don’t want to have to buy another one as I’m trying to save as much money as I can. I know it’s a couple years old already, but it works perfectly and doesn’t seem to have slowed down. I have a regular laptop as well. The storage wasn’t an issue during undergrad but I understand it could be different. Maybe I’m just going crazy. Could I pay for extra iCloud storage to keep my notes in? I’m worried it’ll fill up fast since another student mentioned this. What does everyone else use? Is it a worthwhile investment?

Edit: I think I was indeed freaking out! Another student said a 64gb worked for them.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I see you already figured it out, but I don’t think I used a ton of storage on my iPad during vet school. I had everything automatically back up to a google drive which I definitely recommend. Worst case is you can always delete stuff from your iPad if you need more space as long as you have it backed up to a google drive. I occasionally will pull open some of my notes on google drive on my phone at work if I need to look something specific up.
I did love the Notability app though. I’m one who needs to handwrite on the slides vs type so that app and an Apple Pencil were great for my style. And then I had an older MacBook Pro for taking exams and doing histology (it was online slides that worked better on my laptop than my iPad).

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
I see you already figured it out, but I don’t think I used a ton of storage on my iPad during vet school. I had everything automatically back up to a google drive which I definitely recommend. Worst case is you can always delete stuff from your iPad if you need more space as long as you have it backed up to a google drive. I occasionally will pull open some of my notes on google drive on my phone at work if I need to look something specific up.
I did love the Notability app though. I’m one who needs to handwrite on the slides vs type so that app and an Apple Pencil were great for my style. And then I had an older MacBook Pro for taking exams and doing histology (it was online slides that worked better on my laptop than my iPad).
Awesome!! I do already pay for more Google storage for my photos so I'll def be using it for school too then. Thank you so much