UFCVM c/o 2027 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone else feeling v anxious for this week😥

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hopefully we hear back this week and not next week

Members don't see this ad :)
This is quite a painful wait; I hope you all are doing well.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Delivered to UF. (I took the test on February 16th). We can access our quartile score in around a month after the test date.
Wasn’t Feb 16th the last day to take the test? Maybe that means we’ll hear back by the end of this week?! 🥹

Does anyone know if UF has a policy for students during clinicals that they have to live within a certain distance to the hospital for on call situations?

Does anyone know if UF has a policy for students during clinicals that they have to live within a certain distance to the hospital for on call situations?
I don’t know of any rule stating you need to live X miles from the school, but on clinics I’ve heard of on call clinic students being called in at odd hours for emergencies and such so living super far away would not be ideal. I believe all of my classmates live within 30 min of the school at least.

I don’t know of any rule stating you need to live X miles from the school, but on clinics I’ve heard of on call clinic students being called in at odd hours for emergencies and such so living super far away would not be ideal. I believe all of my classmates live within 30 min of the school at least.
Any more updates on when invites/ rejections will be sent? 😅 This wait is taxing as I’m sure it has been for everyone…technically today make the first week of March😬😬😬

I have a feeling it’s going to be soon. The school posted a poll on their instagram story asking when we think decisions are coming out🤣 I don’t think they would do that only to make us wait longer when they know we’re anxious to know

Members don't see this ad :)
Any more updates on when invites/ rejections will be sent? 😅 This wait is taxing as I’m sure it has been for everyone…technically today make the first week of March😬😬😬
I feel like it has been heavily implied it will be Friday but once again pls don’t hold me to this ahaha. Mine came out on a Tuesday last year which was kind of random. @vetmedflorida on Instagram was joking about the confusion about “the first week of march.” You’re almost there guys! Excited for y’all.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
I have a feeling it’s going to be soon. The school posted a poll on their instagram story asking when we think decisions are coming out I don’t think they would do that only to make us wait longer when they know we’re anxious to know

IMG_0616.jpg

Casper results have been delivered!
Hi! Did you receive an email letting you know your score reached UF? I've been trying to get a hold of someone in the admissions office to confirm if they received my score, but no answer yet.

Hi! Did you receive an email letting you know your score reached UF? I've been trying to get a hold of someone in the admissions office to confirm if they received my score, but no answer yet.
You can check on the Casper website in the "Reservations" section

Maybe they’re not answering because they’re getting ready to send acceptances today? I soooo want today to be the day😭

Maybe they’re not answering because they’re getting ready to send acceptances today? I soooo want today to be the day

THIS! I just can’t wait anymore! this is the last school I need to hear back from in order to make a decision; I’m also IS so this is a huge one for me

Reactions: 3 users
THIS! I just can’t wait anymore! this is the last school I need to hear back from in order to make a decision; I’m also IS so this is a huge one for me
Literal same boat 🥹

Reactions: 1 users
I would love for them to come today. I got rejected from all my other ones and waitlist IS, unlikely to move at all. Florida is my last hope, would love to know if I need to restart my application again.

• Care
I would love for them to come today. I got rejected from all my other ones and waitlist IS, unlikely to move at all. Florida is my last hope, would love to know if I need to restart my application again.
That’s where I am at rejected from all other schools but I’m waitlisted OSS at one of them and Florida is my in state school and last hope. I am praying I don’t have to restart my application for a fourth time.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
That’s where I am at rejected from all other schools but I’m waitlisted OSS at one of them and Florida is my in state school and last hope. I am praying I don’t have to restart my application for a fourth time.
I believe in you!! Sending all my good vibes your way :)

does anyone know when looking at admitted Class statistics when it says "Candidate invited: 90 does that include the people on the wait list as well? So some are offered a seat with the other are waitlisted adding up to the 90? Or is that the number of people offered a seat, not including anything from waitlist? I know some schools to a larger number in the assumption people are going to decline.

9E80E7F9-5A2F-47BD-9BB6-B741558ADB36.gif

Maybe😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
does anyone know when looking at admitted Class statistics when it says "Candidate invited: 90 does that include the people on the wait list as well? So some are offered a seat with the other are waitlisted adding up to the 90? Or is that the number of people offered a seat, not including anything from waitlist? I know some schools to a larger number in the assumption people are going to decline.
I honestly have no idea tbh that graphic is really confusing. All I know is they want roughly 100 IS and 50 OOS (150 max). Ours added to 140 as they had 10 people repeat first year.

I honestly have no idea tbh that graphic is really confusing. All I know is they want roughly 100 IS and 50 OOS (150 max). Ours added to 140 as they had 10 people repeat first year.
I see, I was thinking that, based upon those statistics I was like it looks promising but I could also be one of 32 or something denied lol

I see, I was thinking that, based upon those statistics I was like it looks promising but I could also be one of 32 or something denied lol
I think you usually have a pretty good shot at acceptance post interview. The OOS waitlist also moved a decent amount last year. I think the IS waitlist moved one spot.

• Love
I just got accepted to the dual degree DVM/MPH program from the MPH side of things so hopefully, that means actual DVM acceptances are right around the corner!

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
I just got accepted to the dual degree DVM/MPH program from the MPH side of things so hopefully, that means actual DVM acceptances are right around the corner!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

(Not so) patiently waiting for UF to finally send out admissions/denials…

Most of the schools faculty is gone after 5pm. I would try and relax for the night.