UFCVM c/o 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lacieisme24

Reaction score
Hey friends! I haven't seen one started so I thought I would start one!

Let's chat! Applications will be due before you know it!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! I’m a second time applicant but first time to UF

Am I …. Old? 😂

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone!! Good luck to everyone putting together applications! I'm an incoming second year, and happy to answer questions! :)

• Love
You are not old! I am! Completely non-traditional student and I am 46. I applied 10 years ago. Eeek. I have decided to give it one more shot. I have a lot more education and experience under my belt now so I am hoping this is my year. I am so dang nervous.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
You are not old! I am! Completely non-traditional student and I am 46. I applied 10 years ago. Eeek. I have decided to give it one more shot. I have a lot more education and experience under my belt now so I am hoping this is my year. I am so dang nervous.
Never too late to chase your dreams! We have someone in ‘26 your age. Best of luck!

I will be applying here this year! Second time applicant but first time for UF!

First time OOS non-traditional applicant here! Very nervous about the video question 😬 Is the third part meant to be a chance to explain any potential deficiencies in your application? Does anyone know how much influence this question usually has on the committee's decision?

First time OOS non-traditional applicant here! Very nervous about the video question 😬 Is the third part meant to be a chance to explain any potential deficiencies in your application? Does anyone know how much influence this question usually has on the committee's decision?

I am so freaked out about the video.

I think theres some examples on youtube from previous years you can watch to get an idea of what others have said at the end :)

I am so freaked out about the video.
The video felt a bit overwhelming at first but just writing down what points I wanted to go over and practicing a bunch made a big difference! I know it's scary but you guys got this!

Reactions: 1 users

I also remember being very stressed about the video question. I'm not sure how much this weighs in the application packet, but just do your best and most importantly, this is really an opportunity to be yourself! :) I talked about things I was interested in for the third part - specifically how I was interested in participating in the dual degree program and my interest in research as part of a One Health approach. It's also important to generally keep things short! My answers for each part were only a 2-3 sentences long. I found it really helpful to write a rough script ahead of time, practice a few times in front of the camera, and then take many, many retakes before actually submitting. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
How in depth are you going for the first question about extra things you like to do?

How in depth are you going for the first question about extra things you like to do?
I am having nightmares about answering all of these questions. I know they want to see that we can have and recognize self care and a work life balance. I think I am just going to highlight the importance of having my core group of friends.

I am having nightmares about answering all of these questions. I know they want to see that we can have and recognize self care and a work life balance. I think I am just going to highlight the importance of having my core group of friends.
If anyone wants to have a look at my video from last year then just let me know!

Here is my video. It took me about 20 tries to get it even remotely okay before I called it lol.

Last edited:
I talked about taking spin classes and music for about half a paragraph each and then closed out with a sentence briefly listing/explaining a few other physically and/or mentally ~healthy~ things I enjoy doing!

Hi I am a first time IS applicant, so nervous!

• Love
2nd time IS applicant - fingers crossed! Good luck y'all!

• Love
Second cycle applicant, first time applying to UF OOS! Good luck everyone!!

• Love
2nd IS applicant- Did anyone have to repay the professional supplemental fee? or did it carry over from the previous year?

Thank you! Mine was not showing up for whatever reason, but I had it fixed. Good Luck to you!
Same to you. The hardest part is over! Proud of everyone who pressed submit, it’s not easy <3

Reactions: 2 users
submitted today! 3rd time applicant but 2nd time IS applicant, good luck everyone!!

First time IS applicant! Does UF still require the CASPER if you get an interview invite? I didn't see anything about it on their website...

First time IS applicant! Does UF still require the CASPER if you get an interview invite? I didn't see anything about it on their website...
Last year if you received an interview invite then they gave you a fee waiver to take it. I'm not sure if they are going to require it again this year but you shouldn't have to worry about it until they actually send out invites. The deadline for taking it for interviewees last year was March 2nd so you'll have plenty of time to take it if they decide to include it in applications this year. If you want to email the admissions team and ask, their email is [email protected] and they are wonderful!

Yes! Hoping it’s early like this week or next week since they said interviews are going to be helps nov/dec : )

Yes! Hoping it’s early like this week or next week since they said interviews are going to be helps nov/dec : )
That's what I'm also hoping for! I'm thinking next week!

Reactions: 1 users
Where did you guys here November? I could have sworn I heard it was early December. I would be so stoked if it was November.

Where did you guys here November? I could have sworn I heard it was early December. I would be so stoked if it was November.
They sent us an email like a month ago saying application decisions would go out november and that interviews will occur nov/dec! It usually is like december it seems like they are changing it this go around.

Any chance it could be today or are we thinking next week?!

Is our professional application supposed to be updated as well? Mine still says submitted.

It might be today, my friends who applied to other programs at UF received notification today

Last edited:
Should I be worried that it still says submitted? I submitted on 9/18
Mine says submitted as well. I checked and my application from last year never changed status from the “submitted” status on the professional app so I wouldn’t worry right now!