UFCVM c/o 2027 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do you know how many in-state seats they are offering this year?
Under the same web page, it says 150 total and 104 in-state/state-funded.

Members don't see this ad.

Good luck everyone on your interview! Has anyone had an interview yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
I know several people who have already interviewed! They started interviewing about 2 weeks ago. Mine is this Saturday :)

Reactions: 1 user
I had my interview on the 11th and it was honestly an amazing experience! Going through their interview prep packet was very helpful and the whole thing honestly just felt like a good conversation.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Most definitely an amazing interview process, but I was late cause my mind was in the wrong time zone.... so I'm totally prepared for rejection... has this happened to anyone else? or any horror stories t make me feel better lol :'(

Hey all! I recently interviewed with UF and want to share advice for those seeking it.

The interview process was really nice; It was very well organized and the interviewers were really kind.

In reflection: To prepare, I recommend utilizing the e-book and other interview resources (their youtube, podcast, and website also share a lot of great info). Identify points you wish to get across in response to each potential question. Then, mock interview with a professional (ie a career service professional and/or veterinarian) to practice communicating those points effectively. And, during the interview, allow the conversation to flow naturally.

I also recommend practicing techniques you can implement during the interview to help manage whatever nerves may arise.

* For interviews in which the above was the extent I prepared, I articulated myself well. With UF being my #1, however, I prepared MUCH MORE – including quite (relatively unimportant) nit picky specifics. Amidst the feelings of the gravity of the situation, I was then getting tripped up and had more difficulty in communicating the messages I wanted to get across. We are all different, and I am no interview expert, but I hope you can apply the lessons of my experience to best prepare for yours.

Try to relax and enjoy the moment. After all, it is what we have worked so hard for! Good luck!

Last edited:
Did anyone happen to hear when the admitted student day would be for UF 2027 in March?

Did anyone happen to hear when the admitted student day would be for UF 2027 in March?
I heard that they didn't give a specific day, they just said it would be the first week of March because they have to wait to get all the CASPER scores.

I'm not sure if you're referring to the day they said admitted students would have an opportunity to visit the campus, but I think it was March 23rd or 24th? I can't quite remember lol.

Oh my bad! I wrote down March 19,20,21 for the visiting day

I heard that they didn't give a specific day, they just said it would be the first week of March because they have to wait to get all the CASPER scores.

Members don't see this ad :)
Woops sorry I thought that was in reference to the visiting day. About CASPER, did they say how they were going to use the scores in admissions?

At the end of the interview your put into a break out room where a verynice lady says end of february after last casper tests are done.

Woops sorry I thought that was in reference to the visiting day. About CASPER, did they say how they were going to use the scores in admissions?
GPA= 15%
PACKET=45%
INTERVIEW=30%
CASPER=10%

Reactions: 2 users
Alex Avalino has a segment of how to prepare for the UF interview in the prevet podcast on Spotify! I think it was very helpful. Other than that, be yourself!
Do they send out email updates to the students about the incoming class? When I had my interview, they said they should be getting back to students around the first week of March, but on last year's forum, they didn't send invites until mid-march. Just wondering if they keep current students up to date. Also, will we OOS applicants find out at the same time as IS?

Do they send out email updates to the students about the incoming class? When I had my interview, they said they should be getting back to students around the first week of March, but on last year's forum, they didn't send invites until mid-march. Just wondering if they keep current students up to date. Also, will we OOS applicants find out at the same time as IS?
They’re waiting for the last Casper results to come in so like 2 weeks after the test on the 16th, that’s why it’s earlier.

Last year they told us early march and it was a painful wait. I don’t remember receiving any email updates after my interview. IS and OOS found out at the same time I believe. They don’t usually email us current students updates on admissions but I occasionally hear stuff around school. I can see if I hear anything tomorrow. Hang in there!

Seconding what @katiemcat said - no, they don't keep us in the loop about the current admissions cycle, at least as 1st years. Third & fourth years may get more info because they help with interviews.

Last year, OOS was notified at the same time as IS (I was an OOS applicant). It was a terrible wait....literally the last school I heard back from and it was agonizing! Hang in there, everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
UF about to give me a heart attack w those emails

• Haha
Does anybody know if UF does a waitlist? They said they only send out invitations for enough to fill the class... but then someone on the student panel said that they were taken off the waitlist their year.

UF about to give me a heart attack w those emails
and I know i had a heart attack in class :arghh::hungover:

Does anybody know if UF does a waitlist? They said they only send out invitations for enough to fill the class... but then someone on the student panel said that they were taken off the waitlist their year.

and I know i had a heart attack in class :arghh::hungover:
Yes there is an IS and OOS waitlist.

fingers crossed, UF is my last chance for this cycle and I basically bombed the interview. The oos statistics last year made it look like there was a pretty good chance at least for the waitlist.

• Care
fingers crossed, UF is my last chance for this cycle and I basically bombed the interview. The oos statistics last year made it look like there was a pretty good chance at least for the waitlist.
I’m sure you didn’t, and I have a couple friends who got in off the OOS waitlist!

Is anyone interested in doing the combined program?

I’m sure you didn’t, and I have a couple friends who got in off the OOS waitlist!
When do students at UFCVM usually start studying for the NAVLE, is there a particular semester where there is more "down-time" to study for it?

When do students at UFCVM usually start studying for the NAVLE, is there a particular semester where there is more "down-time" to study for it?
An older student would know more than me, but most people start studying while on clinics 3rd/4th year. There is a NAVLE review class I’ve heard. When I started in the fall a lot of the fourth years were absolutely grinding studying all over campus to take the exam.

I know last year they didn’t hear back until 3/14 does anyone know when we can expect for this year?

In an email they said decisions will be sent out first week of March
I know last year they didn’t hear back until 3/14 does anyone know when we can expect for this year?

Has anyone's residency status not been processed yet in the application portal?

Has anyone's residency status not been processed yet in the application portal?
Mine hasn't. I resubmitted the residency proof documents to see if they need to be reviewed again or something.

Mine hasn't. I resubmitted the residency proof documents to see if they need to be reviewed again or something.
Mine hasn’t either. I suggest you call to see what the problem may be. I did and they gave me more information that wasn’t available on the portal on how to proceed

Mine hasn’t either. I suggest you call to see what the problem may be. I did and they gave me more information that wasn’t available on the portal on how to proceed
I did call them and they just said it hasn't been processed yet but didn't give me anymore information... What did they tell you to do?

I called and the guy said he saw all of my documentation there, but that the residency team had not started going over anything yet. It might happen mid march he said.

I did call them and they just said it hasn't been processed yet but didn't give me anymore information... What did they tell you to do?
Said the tax form they asked for had to be from 2022 not 2021

They just posted my status today

I think a month for you to view it but the schools can see it after 2 weeks

• Wow
Hey y’all! Just wanted to let y’all know the dean emailed us they will for sure be sending out decisions during the first week of march! They also expect preview days to be March 20-22.

• Care
Hey y’all! Just wanted to let y’all know the dean emailed us they will for sure be sending out decisions during the first week of march! They also expect preview days to be March 20-22.
So next week or the first full week? I’m dying over here it’s my dream school 😂

So next week or the first full week? I’m dying over here it’s my dream school 😂
The exact wording of the email is:
“We have completed our interviews of prospective members of the class of 2027 and will be extending invitations to candidates during the first week of March.”
I would assume that means the end of next week, but as I am not on the committee please don’t hold me to that haha.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users