UFCVM c/o 2027 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I did that, but I can't find florida :( how is it listed? I clicked "reservations" and then "view/add" then "add a new distribution".
How do you get to "add (additional) programs"?

You should’ve seen it under the add new distribution, like a list of available programs. I’d reach out to Altus suite if it’s not showing, they might be able to send it on their side.

Members don't see this ad.

55D2E954-407F-466F-B1E6-0EB0CEEC0321.jpeg

I used the chat in the altus website to ask about adding Florida to my distribution list and this was their response.

Reactions: 2 users
View attachment 363606
I used the chat in the altus website to ask about adding Florida to my distribution list and this was their response.

I went to look and couldn’t find it either. Then got the same response. I wonder if UF is aware, as they didn’t mention anything in their email.
IMG_6063.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
The Casper test distribution to UF is available now. Also, in the email UF sent, it says the fee waiver won't apply if you have already taken the Casper test, but I tried it anyways, and it will wave the distribution fee.

Reactions: 1 user
IS interview!

Does anyone know whether fall grades are required, and where to send them?

Does anyone know whether fall grades are required, and where to send them?

I asked and was told “Updated official transcripts are required for candidates who receive a seat offer and have outstanding prerequisites.”

Does anyone know how many people usually get interviews like OOS vs IS ?

Anyone know how many IS people are interviewing, and how many seats for IS?

Has anyone gotten their interview date?

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven’t but the college reopened today so I would think they’ll be sending them out in the next few days!
I received my interview date 1/14 last year. My interview was 1/22. Hope this is helpful! Happy first day of spring semester!

I was told that the Casper is more for data purposes right now and it was not heavily weighted for my admission cycle at all. Try not to worry!
Congrats on being a DVM student at UF! I opted to take the CASPer test in February. Any information as to if it is considered a hinderance to take it closer to the time they would be making final decisions? Thank you in advance for your help.

• Care
Congrats on being a DVM student at UF! I opted to take the CASPer test in February. Any information as to if it is considered a hinderance to take it closer to the time they would be making final decisions? Thank you in advance for your help.
I don’t think there would be any consequences, as I also took it in February and was accepted.

OOS interview! Good luck to fellow interviewers! Going forward, is it just interviews counting towards admission or does that get considered along with the rest of the application packet?
This is from the website:

Candidate Selection​

Below are the criteria and percentages used to select candidates for the final class:

• Academic (Based on GPA’s): 15%
  • Packet Review: 45%
  • Interview: 30%
  • Casper: 10%

Does anyone know if UF requires Fall transcripts?
From my understanding, they do not. Here is a screenshot from their website; Hope it helps!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-01-05 at 7.55.33 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-05 at 7.55.33 PM.png
    98.3 KB · Views: 67
Recommendations for Casper Test? Are the Practices on the Altus website enough?

Recommendations for Casper Test? Are the Practices on the Altus website enough?
The practice tests definitely helped me become familiar with the test format, but I would suggest looking over more question types. Good luck!

I really want to live in Fl it’s my #1 OOS choice!!! I just feel like it’s a long shot /: I was interviewed at UF last year and waitlisted and I was waitlisted for my IS this year ….

• Care
I really want to live in Fl it’s my #1 OOS choice!!! I just feel like it’s a long shot /: I was interviewed at UF last year and waitlisted and I was waitlisted for my IS this year ….
They obviously see something in you! Don’t lose hope! Rock that interview!

IS UF undergrad graduate who has been denied 3 times despite continuously raising my GPA (not once did I apply below a 3.2 in science, overall, and last 45 credits) and having great letters and experience (per the file review I did with other schools during my previous cycles). Is luck really just the main element here? I'm considering a masters in Microbiology but I'm at a loss for a next step here

• Care
IS UF undergrad graduate who has been denied 3 times despite continuously raising my GPA (not once did I apply below a 3.2 in science, overall, and last 45 credits) and having great letters and experience (per the file review I did with other schools during my previous cycles). Is luck really just the main element here? I'm considering a masters in Microbiology but I'm at a loss for a next step here
Hey! I know the GPA cutoff the last few years has been super high :/ My cycle I believe it was 3.5 overall and science. I think a one year masters could be really beneficial for you, to raise your GPA and it would be super helpful in vet school. A lot of my classmates have masters in various topics.

How old are you?

25 in february
It would be worth it to get an MS in micro and it is a good choice for a solid job when complete. I personally have 2...one in life science (major vet parasit) and one in DNA/serology from UF and they're fairly worthless. I have a 3.8 in both of those and never am chosen for an interview. I am 53 now though and started applying at 46. Just make sure the choice is one you would be happy in as your back up! Also be aware that after you get an MS you are required to be licensed in many states (which is aquired through places like devry) to be able to apply for industry or hospital technician jobs.

Last edited:
It would be worth it to get an MS in micro and it is a good choice for a solid job when complete. I personally have 2...one in life science (major vet parasit) and one in DNA/serology from UF and they're fairly worthless. I have a 3.8 in both of those and never am chosen for an interview. I am 53 now though and started applying at 46. Just make sure the choice is one you would be happy in as your back up! Also be aware that after you get an MS you are required to be licensed in many states (which is aquired through places like devry) to be able to apply for industry or hospital technician jobs.
A masters is my current plan but even then I'm concerned. My GPA is not awful as is and I have strong application otherwise so I'm not sure why UF is being exceptionally hard on me specifically considering I'm IS and an alma mater.

A masters is my current plan but even then I'm concerned. My GPA is not awful as is and I have strong application otherwise so I'm not sure why UF is being exceptionally hard on me specifically considering I'm IS and an alma mater.
Who knows. I am also IS and like I said...have a 3.8 GPA. I have had file reviews and spoken to people that say everything is "good". Not many (if any) recommendations to revise, but here I am...this was my last cycle. I said that last year, but since I qualified for a free application I gave it another shot.

• Care
may I ask what your GPA is now? Have you workded on increasing it over the past 3 cycles?

i also do think it’s partially luck/a numbers game. i am oos but got flat out rejected from UF, didn’t even get an interview, despite having a really strong gpa, over 2000 hours of experience, etc. then i got accepted into csu. vet schools all get so many strong applicants. try not to get discouraged though! it sounds like you really want it, so i know you’ll make it happen:) a masters could help, or do you have a good breadth of experience? they want that as well as hours

may I ask what your GPA is now? Have you workded on increasing it over the past 3 cycles?
Overall is a 3.3, last 45 is a 3.6, science is a 3.2. I have increased my GPA since my last application.

Overall is a 3.3, last 45 is a 3.6, science is a 3.2. I have increased my GPA since my last application.
I’m sorry 😞 I am also a third time applicant and I went to UF

Does anyone have any updated information on how UF is using the CASPER test this year in admissions? I know someone said it wasn’t weighted heavily last year but I’m really worried about it since I scored in the lowest percentile😞 and the website still says it’s 10% of their admissions criteria

Does anyone have any updated information on how UF is using the CASPER test this year in admissions? I know someone said it wasn’t weighted heavily last year but I’m really worried about it since I scored in the lowest percentile😞 and the website still says it’s 10% of their admissions criteria
Yea I think it’s 10%

Have any IS students had any issues with their residency classification? I hadn’t gotten any updates regarding my residency by UF’s main campus so I logged in and it says that my residency is undetermined and they need additional documents. But now I’m freaking out that it might be too late

Have any IS students had any issues with their residency classification? I hadn’t gotten any updates regarding my residency by UF’s main campus so I logged in and it says that my residency is undetermined and they need additional documents. But now I’m freaking out that it might be too late

I just filled up the info on the application and the alternate app, and that showed me as IS. When I received the email with the interview offer it said I was state funded. I don’t recall them asking for anything else. I’ve only ever lived in FL tho, since I came to US in 2016.

I just filled up the info on the application and the alternate app, and that showed me as IS. When I received the email with the interview offer it said I was state funded. I don’t recall them asking for anything else. I’ve only ever lived in FL tho, since I came to US in 2016.
Have you logged into the UF app portal recently? I logged in and it said my residency status remains undetermined despite my interview offer being for an IS seat.

Have you logged into the UF app portal recently? I logged in and it said my residency status remains undetermined despite my interview offer being for an IS seat.

I haven’t checked it recently. Last time I did it said state funded tho.

Does anyone have tips for the interview?
Alex Avalino has a segment of how to prepare for the UF interview in the prevet podcast on Spotify! I think it was very helpful. Other than that, be yourself!

Alex Avalino has a segment of how to prepare for the UF interview in the prevet podcast on Spotify! I think it was very helpful. Other than that, be yourself!
Do you know how many in-state seats they are offering this year?