2028 Rejected

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dinoluna

Reaction score
To those who have been rejected from almost all the schools they applied to, what are your plans? Are you planning to reapply this upcoming cycle or take a year or more off? If not reapplying until a year or so, what will you do in between? Any career changers?

Members don't see this ad.

While I still have a few I'm waiting on (and trying to stay hopeful for) my current backup plan is go back and see if any schools offer application reviews (which most I think don't) and then spend the next year hardcore saving money and getting hours (if I have to take a class I'm planning on doing that at my local community college. I'll reapply the following year for sure.

Reactions: 4 users
I applied to seven schools. So far I’ve been rejected from four, I have an interview at my in-state (I’m really hoping I get in ugh), and I’m waiting to hear back from two. I know it’s not over yet, especially with my IS, but it’s very hard not to lose hope after all the rejections. My plan if I don’t get in this cycle is to go to my IS school’s MVPH program (Ohio State) and try again once I’ve completed it. My gpa isn’t my issue (I have a 3.98), but I’m assuming the problem is high quality but low quantity vet hours (~900). Idk haha. It’s been rough but that’s the plan.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I applied to seven schools. So far I’ve been rejected from four, I have an interview at my in-state (I’m really hoping I get in ugh), and I’m waiting to hear back from two. I know it’s not over yet, especially with my IS, but it’s very hard not to lose hope after all the rejections. My plan if I don’t get in this cycle is to go to my IS school’s MVPH program (Ohio State) and try again once I’ve completed it. My gpa isn’t my issue (I have a 3.98), but I’m assuming the problem is high quality but low quantity vet hours (~900). Idk haha. It’s been rough but that’s the plan.
A bit off topic but on topic, with your GPA and hours it's not right that any school should reject you (I understand 900 isn't a lot for some schools but many listed that because of the recent pandemic they would have lowered hour expectations (I've seen some with 200 recommended)). I think pursuing that masters could be helpful especially if it's not expensive, I'm also still in the running for Ohio State (oos) so crossing my fingers with you. I wish there were more seats honestly especially considering how backed up all the vet clinics seem to be.

Hi! Currently rejected from 10 schools including my IS, waiting on interview waitlist rejections (think both schools have all interviews out or completed) for 2, and waiting on a decision for a couple final schools (Michigan and Iowa). I did interview with LMU back in September and am still holding out some hope for the last two schools in addition to that, but I think I fit the spirit of this thread.

If I don't make it in this cycle, I'll probably start either an online Master's in Shelter Medicine or a VPH this coming summer. Both things I'd potentially be interested in doing anyway, but since my GPA is the main thing holding me back I think good grades in some grad coursework would help to tip the scales. I would definitely apply to at least a couple of schools next cycle.

A bit off topic but on topic, with your GPA and hours it's not right that any school should reject you (I understand 900 isn't a lot for some schools but many listed that because of the recent pandemic they would have lowered hour expectations (I've seen some with 200 recommended)). I think pursuing that masters could be helpful especially if it's not expensive, I'm also still in the running for Ohio State (oos) so crossing my fingers with you. I wish there were more seats honestly especially considering how backed up all the vet clinics seem to be.

Hey maybe we’ll be students together at OSU! Fingers crossed.

Rejected from 2 schools (including my IS), waiting to hear back from one and have an interview for another but I'm not very hopeful. My GPA is okay but my experiences were lackluster (only about 650 vet hours). I'll probably try to find a job at a small animal vet clinic but I don't want to do a master's since it's expensive.

Hi everyone! I just wanted to pop in and say I was rejected/never pulled off the waitlist last cycle and have so far been accepted to 2 schools and waitlisted at 1 this cycle (still waiting to hear back from a lot). If anyone wants any help regarding how to improve this next year feel free to reach out! I know how upsetting it is but I believe having another year to work on my application made all the difference this year! Wish you all the best

Reactions: 7 users
My gpa isn’t my issue (I have a 3.98), but I’m assuming the problem is high quality but low quantity vet hours (~900).
I doubt that the number of hours here is the issue. I'd encourage you to do file reviews if possible.
Are all of those hours in 1 area of vet med, or are they diverse?

Reactions: 3 users
Rejected from 2 schools (including my IS), waiting to hear back from one and have an interview for another but I'm not very hopeful. My GPA is okay but my experiences were lackluster (only about 650 vet hours). I'll probably try to find a job at a small animal vet clinic but I don't want to do a master's since it's expensive.
Are you planning to reapply this upcoming cycle if you don’t get in?

I doubt that the number of hours here is the issue. I'd encourage you to do file reviews if possible.

I’m doing a file review for Virginia Maryland thus far! They are not in one area of vet med, no.

~200 hours of non-profit farm volunteer experience. This farm also had some wildlife and exotics

~60 hours of hands on equine performing dental flotations, administering medications and vaccine, learning how to do jugular injections, etc

~600 hours of shadowing small animal shelter medicine

~30 hours of hands on beef cattle experience doing pregnancy palpitations, semen collection, vaccine administration, etc

-32 hours of hands on vaccine clinic experience (pre vet society at my school does a vaccine clinic about once a year to help underrepresented community afford vet medicine)

-6 hours of necropsy lab where pre vet society veterinarian advisor walks us through necropsies and allows us to practice spay and neuter

There are other random experiences that I put in VMCAS as well such as the time the pre vet society vet let us perform neuters by ourselves on trap and release spay kittens as well as non vet related volunteer hours.

• Wow

I must clarify though that the numbers I gave you aren’t exact and I pulled them from a reddit post I made in July before I finished my application

This is just some generalized advice (as I have not actually read your application) but one of the most common mistakes I have seen when helping applicants that have the grades and the vet hours/experiences is that their applications are a checklist of the "what you did" but there are gaps in why you did it and what you gained from it. How did those experiences shape your perspective of vet med (beyond just clinical, hands on experience i.e. maybe your beef cattle experience gave you a better understanding of approaching vet med from a herd vs individual perspective)? Did they further validate or invalidate your primary interest? Do your experiences/descriptions clearly complement the focus of your essays?

Since a lot of schools no longer do file reviews or just do generalized feedback, I would recommend giving your application to a friend, coworker, mentor, etc and having them evaluate if the points above are evident or if there are gaps that need to be filled in. Essentially, you have the pieces of the puzzle but have they been put together in the best way to present the fullest, most complete picture of who you are as an applicant.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
hi! rejected from all but 3 so far, but i essentially planned on getting rejected from all this time around since my cum. gpa isn’t too hot. i’ll be applying this upcoming cycle, changing around which schools i’m applying to. i also am adding some things to my experiences (LA experience, fostering cottontails, boy scouts merit badge counselor, etc) to add on the hours. i don’t think any of the schools i applied to offer file reviews (sigh) so idk how to go about changing essays. also not sure if i’m going to take a 1 yr masters to boost the gpa or not (wish i could ask schools about that in a file review!!). so basically just adding on hours and more experiences!

This is just some generalized advice (as I have not actually read your application) but one of the most common mistakes I have seen when helping applicants that have the grades and the vet hours/experiences is that their applications are a checklist of the "what you did" but there are gaps in why you did it and what you gained from it. How did those experiences shape your perspective of vet med (beyond just clinical, hands on experience i.e. maybe your beef cattle experience gave you a better understanding of approaching vet med from a herd vs individual perspective)? Did they further validate or invalidate your primary interest? Do your experiences/descriptions clearly complement the focus of your essays?

Since a lot of schools no longer do file reviews or just do generalized feedback, I would recommend giving your application to a friend, coworker, mentor, etc and having them evaluate if the points above are evident or if there are gaps that need to be filled in. Essentially, you have the pieces of the puzzle but have they been put together in the best way to present the fullest, most complete picture of who you are as an applicant.
I did have my application looked over by my pre-vet advisor. She is an OSU alum and she volunteers each year to help with applications (reading essays, sitting for interviews, etc). She thought my application was stellar and is very... upset that I have received so many rejections thus far haha. We're both just hoping I get into OSU. She also is a part-time faculty at my university and I've been in and TAed for her classes so she knows of me as a student and as an employee. She was one of my letters of recommendation of course. I don't know to be honest. We're just going with my interests in vet med do not match the character profile of the schools I applied to.

I did have my application looked over by my pre-vet advisor. She is an OSU alum and she volunteers each year to help with applications (reading essays, sitting for interviews, etc). She thought my application was stellar and is very... upset that I have received so many rejections thus far haha. We're both just hoping I get into OSU. She also is a part-time faculty at my university and I've been in and TAed for her classes so she knows of me as a student and as an employee. She was one of my letters of recommendation of course. I don't know to be honest. We're just going with my interests in vet med do not match the character profile of the schools I applied to.
What is your main career goal?

I have a variety of interests thus far that stem from my "atypical" animal interests. This was the focus of my personal statement. I've never had cats or dogs; I've always had exotic pets (rats, guinea pigs, lizards, turtles, all of the above really). My original interest in vet-med stemmed from realizing the lack of exotic veterinarians in my community. As I delved deeper into my undergraduate education I realized that I am fascinated with infectious diseases and I noted on a lot of my applications that asked for specific areas of interest that I like exotics, lab animal, and public health/epidemiology. Based on this I would say that the reason I am not getting accepted is because I have no experience in these fields aside from personal pet ownership and book learning in school. To be fair though, exotics aside, I do wonder how they would expect me to get epidemiology experience. I should have done undergraduate research, I suppose, but I go to a smaller university and the closest I would have gotten to that is organic or biochemistry research.

I assumed my unique interests would have set me apart from other applicants and helped me during the application cycle, not hurt me. Darn if only I really loved horses or cows since large animal/farm animal medicine is in dire need of more veterinarians :')

I have a variety of interests thus far that stem from my "atypical" animal interests. This was the focus of my personal statement. I've never had cats or dogs; I've always had exotic pets (rats, guinea pigs, lizards, turtles, all of the above really). My original interest in vet-med stemmed from realizing the lack of exotic veterinarians in my community. As I delved deeper into my undergraduate education I realized that I am fascinated with infectious diseases and I noted on a lot of my applications that asked for specific areas of interest that I like exotics, lab animal, and public health/epidemiology. Based on this I would say that the reason I am not getting accepted is because I have no experience in these fields aside from personal pet ownership and book learning in school. To be fair though, exotics aside, I do wonder how they would expect me to get epidemiology experience. I should have done undergraduate research, I suppose, but I go to a smaller university and the closest I would have gotten to that is organic or biochemistry research.
Definitely try to get experience in those areas!!! I also went to a small college and actually didn’t accumulate any of my experience from my 4 years while there. I’m a lab animal medicine girlie so I totally understand where you’re coming from but it’s hard for a school to see you’re dedicated to that profession if you don’t have experience in it, especially lab animal medicine where it’s completely different than a typical small animal clinic. A lot of colleges have research tech positions that could get your foot in the door with lab animals and research!

Definitely try to get experience in those areas!!! I also went to a small college and actually didn’t accumulate any of my experience from my 4 years while there. I’m a lab animal medicine girlie so I totally understand where you’re coming from but it’s hard for a school to see you’re dedicated to that profession if you don’t have experience in it, especially lab animal medicine where it’s completely different than a typical small animal clinic. A lot of colleges have research tech positions that could get your foot in the door with lab animals and research!
I totally see what you mean. I wish I knew more definitively what I wanted to do going into undergrad so I could have gotten more experience in those areas. I also wish COVID didn't define my first two years of university since most everything was online, including labs. This is why I assume that if I don't get in this cycle if I reapply after MVPH, especially from OSU, I should have a more successful second attempt. That is the hope, at least.

Having unique interests definitely can set you apart, but if you don't have the experiences to back it then it can come across as trying to use/say it to get an edge vs a genuine interest with thorough understanding of that sector (your interests definitely sound genuine! but people do put/say things on their app for this reason :/)

And FYI I had a ton of equine experience and wanted to pursue equine medicine but did not get any acceptances my first cycle....wanting to enter an area that has a shortage of veterinarians doesn't equate to acceptances in many cases...

Having unique interests definitely can set you apart, but if you don't have the experiences to back it then it can come across as trying to use/say it to get an edge vs a genuine interest with thorough understanding of that sector (your interests definitely sound genuine! but people do put/say things on their app for this reason :/)

And FYI I had a ton of equine experience and wanted to pursue equine medicine but did not get any acceptances my first cycle....wanting to enter an area that has a shortage of veterinarians doesn't equate to acceptances in many cases...
I apologize I did not mean for it to sound as if I was implying that it is "easier" to get into vet school by having an interest in high-demand areas (although now I see how insensitive I must have sounded, forgive me). I was just trying to voice my off-the-top-of-my-head thoughts regarding my weaknesses this cycle. I never thought before about how I might come off as trying to lie about being interested in what I am interested in. The schools that did have essays as part of their application allowed me to explain my interests, but not every school had essays (OSU did not, actually). I wish it was not so hard to get vet experience in these not-as-popular areas of vet med! A research position might be in my near future for sure.

I have the same stats as you and was rejected from the OOS school I applied to. I only applied to two schools and I'm waiting to hear from my IS sometime this week (probably today) and I'm so nervous. I know I'm very competitive like you but there's still that uncertainty! I don't have the most variation in my hours which is my concern. Good luck to you, I hope you get into your IS!!!

I apologize I did not mean for it to sound as if I was implying that it is "easier" to get into vet school by having an interest in high-demand areas (although now I see how insensitive I must have sounded, forgive me). I was just trying to voice my off-the-top-of-my-head thoughts regarding my weaknesses this cycle. I never thought before about how I might come off as trying to lie about being interested in what I am interested in. The schools that did have essays as part of their application allowed me to explain my interests, but not every school had essays (OSU did not, actually). I wish it was not so hard to get vet experience in these not-as-popular areas of vet med! A research position might be in my near future for sure.
I also wish that it was easier to get experience in less popular areas of vetmed! I want to go into large animal/equine medicine but there isn't a single large animal vet for miles from me. It's a 2 hour drive there.

I also wish that it was easier to get experience in less popular areas of vetmed! I want to go into large animal/equine medicine but there isn't a single large animal vet for miles from me. It's a 2 hour drive there.
So true it just depends on where you live. I live in the suburbs but there is a lot of surrounding farmland so for me, it wasn't too challenging to get large animal/equine experience. I wonder if schools take the demographics info regarding where you live into consideration regarding your hours or if it's just for statistics purposes...

So true it just depends on where you live. I live in the suburbs but there is a lot of surrounding farmland so for me, it wasn't too challenging to get large animal/equine experience. I wonder if schools take the demographics info regarding where you live into consideration regarding your hours or if it's just for statistics purposes...
I don't think they do unfortunately. Too many applicants for that to matter I think

LA vets are over an hour drive for me too and I tried reaching out to most of them but they either don't respond or don't take in students :/ it's rough

LA vets are over an hour drive for me too and I tried reaching out to most of them but they either don't respond or don't take in students :/ it's rough
That too! Not a lot of vets even take in students. It really is rough out here 😅 Hopefully we won't have to worry about it 🤞

• Love
It’s my third application cycle- applied to 8 schools, rejected from 5, no interviews. I still have three to hear from but not feeling too optimistic anymore. I have a great leadership job that pays well in vet med and so will probably stay here and keep retaking my prerequisites. The idea of starting this all over seems incredibly daunting. It’s costing me so much money year after year and I’m embarrassed to ask for new rec letters once again.

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
This was my first application cycle; I only applied to one school because I feel like I need a year off to relax anyway. If I went straight to vet school after undergrad, I'd likely get burnt out fast. I graduate with a pre-vet degree this May, and I'm applying to as many jobs that interest me as possible (veterinary assistant in any non-GP practice because I want to try new things, research assistant, high school science teacher, imaging assistant at a children's hospital, etc.) ... Experience hours aren't my issue, so I'm taking this year as an opportunity to possibly try something new and exciting! (I will still seek quality veterinary experience though, especially if I get a job outside of the field.) However, since my GPA is roughly a 3.3 right now, I will be trying my best to get straight A's in my final semester of undergrad and I'll likely retake orgo 1 online over the summer because I got a C+ in it junior fall. I will also be applying to way more schools next cycle, likely ~10.

Hey all, don't give up hope, you've been working hard toward this goal for years!

If you end up having some time between application cycles, you may want to consider the University of Illinois College of Vetmed Graduate Certificate in Veterinary Science. It's a 12 hour graduate certificate that can be taken over two semesters or in one 12-week intensive summer program. Both delivery options are fully online.

Our students can:
- Not only slightly improve GPA for vet school applications if they perform well, but also prove success in a College of Vetmed Courses at the College of Veterinary Medicine
- Get recommendation letters from faculty at the college
- Receive application coaching from faculty at the vet school
- Learn about various career options
- Learn the foundations that are taught in the first year of vet school, so upon admission are a leg up on the challenge of the first year

Once the certificate is complete, those credits will apply toward the Master in Veterinary Science Degree, should you decide to continue.

If you want more information, you can check out the program at vetmed.illinois.edu/cvs or shoot me a message!

Good luck, rooting for each of you!

Feeling quite discouraged. Have started to set up file reviews, looking into masters programs. Still have a few schools to hear back from, but I got some really harsh feedback this morning.

My GPA has a sharp upward trend but I know that’s my weak spot, though most of my lackluster grades from from my first undergrad experience 20 (yes) years ago.

The nagging thing in the back of my head is that this is what I’ve always wanted to do and it might happen for me in this lifetime. It took me years to be able to put myself first after kids. I know we always have next cycle, but- I don’t know if *I* do before this starts to feel like chasing a ridiculous dream.

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Feeling quite discouraged. Have started to set up file reviews, looking into masters programs. Still have a few schools to hear back from, but I got some really harsh feedback this morning.

My GPA has a sharp upward trend but I know that’s my weak spot, though most of my lackluster grades from from my first undergrad experience 20 (yes) years ago.

The nagging thing in the back of my head is that this is what I’ve always wanted to do and it might happen for me in this lifetime. It took me years to be able to put myself first after kids. I know we always have next cycle, but- I don’t know if *I* do before this starts to feel like chasing a ridiculous dream.
Rooting for you!

• Love

I am so sorry you had harsh feedback(was it from a school or someone else external?). And I know how that feels to be fighting against a lower GPA. I am on my 4th application cycle and have been working my butt off to try and make up for that fact on my applications. I have consistently been told by advisors/admissions/everything that I might need to look at something else, have a backup plan etc. and it hurts…I know how it feels to be sitting there going “I know I’m worth it, I’d be awesome in this field why can’t they just see that??!!”

Speaking from my personal experience and I haven’t gotten in this cycle yet but this cycle has already been a complete turn around for me. I went from outright rejections the past 3 cycles (with one waitlist the 3rd time I applied, but there was literally no hope of getting off it) to now getting 4 interviews and a waitlist for the UAF/CSU program and I'm still waiting to hear back from some more schools. Believe me there were years I was doubting myself, I literally had a quarterlife crisis and left vet med entirely 2 years ago to go and see what it was like on "the other side" in corporate america and I hate it.

I would never try to say don't give up on your dreams because that is a very personal decision that ultimately only you can decide on, but I wanted to let you know there are others out there like you, who question if all the anxiety and stress and everything is worth it. I was so sure my last application cycle would be my last and I got a small glimmer of hope by getting a waitlist. I'm definitely not saying it's an easy path by any means, but I definitely don't regret taking the year break in between the last time I applied and now because I believe it made a world of difference in my mental/emotional health and made my application even better.

If you ever want to talk more privately feel free to message me! <3

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
I am so sorry you had harsh feedback(was it from a school or someone else external?). And I know how that feels to be fighting against a lower GPA. I am on my 4th application cycle and have been working my butt off to try and make up for that fact on my applications. I have consistently been told by advisors/admissions/everything that I might need to look at something else, have a backup plan etc. and it hurts…I know how it feels to be sitting there going “I know I’m worth it, I’d be awesome in this field why can’t they just see that??!!”

Speaking from my personal experience and I haven’t gotten in this cycle yet but this cycle has already been a complete turn around for me. I went from outright rejections the past 3 cycles (with one waitlist the 3rd time I applied, but there was literally no hope of getting off it) to now getting 4 interviews and a waitlist for the UAF/CSU program and I'm still waiting to hear back from some more schools. Believe me there were years I was doubting myself, I literally had a quarterlife crisis and left vet med entirely 2 years ago to go and see what it was like on "the other side" in corporate america and I hate it.

I would never try to say don't give up on your dreams because that is a very personal decision that ultimately only you can decide on, but I wanted to let you know there are others out there like you, who question if all the anxiety and stress and everything is worth it. I was so sure my last application cycle would be my last and I got a small glimmer of hope by getting a waitlist. I'm definitely not saying it's an easy path by any means, but I definitely don't regret taking the year break in between the last time I applied and now because I believe it made a world of difference in my mental/emotional health and made my application even better.

If you ever want to talk more privately feel free to message me! <3
thank you so much for this, it really, truly means a lot. <3

• Care
Feeling so discouraged after this cycle. I have gotten rejected to 7 schools, and am only waiting of 5... but seeing as I haven't gotten an interview at any of the other 7, I have 0% hope for the next 5. I have a weird irrational fear of getting old thinking about possibly not graduating and starting my career until 2030 makes me want to pass out.

• Care
Feeling so discouraged after this cycle. I have gotten rejected to 7 schools, and am only waiting of 5... but seeing as I haven't gotten an interview at any of the other 7, I have 0% hope for the next 5. I have a weird irrational fear of getting old thinking about possibly not graduating and starting my career until 2030 makes me want to pass out.
I totally understand what you’re feeling as I’ve felt it too. However, I have been rejected without an interview from 8 schools but then I was accepted to CSU. It truly only takes 1 school, so don’t get too discouraged!

Reactions: 2 users
Received my fifth rejection out of the seven schools I applied to today. Yay me! Doing so good this cycle.

• Care
Received my fifth rejection out of the seven schools I applied to today. Yay me! Doing so good this cycle.
I know it’s not the end of the world but it’s overall just such a bad feeling. Like you’re just going about your day and then bam - “dear…. We regret to inform you that…”

And Illinois worded their rejection low-key passive aggressive .

“As a result, we advise that alternate plans be made for the upcoming year.”

Gee, thanks.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Hi! Currently rejected from 10 schools including my IS, waiting on interview waitlist rejections (think both schools have all interviews out or completed) for 2, and waiting on a decision for a couple final schools (Michigan and Iowa). I did interview with LMU back in September and am still holding out some hope for the last two schools in addition to that, but I think I fit the spirit of this thread.

If I don't make it in this cycle, I'll probably start either an online Master's in Shelter Medicine or a VPH this coming summer. Both things I'd potentially be interested in doing anyway, but since my GPA is the main thing holding me back I think good grades in some grad coursework would help to tip the scales. I would definitely apply to at least a couple of schools next cycle.
Just got another one from a school I was really hoping for…only LMU and ISU left as options now. I’m worried I made some grave error in representing myself as I really thought my app was competitive enough for an interview or two with schools that value experiences heavily out of 15. Trying to figure out how much I’m willing to take out in student loans to improve my GPA for next cycle. I’m doing my best to keep my head up but my confidence is seriously hurt.

• Care
Just got another one from a school I was really hoping for…only LMU and ISU left as options now. I’m worried I made some grave error in representing myself as I really thought my app was competitive enough for an interview or two with schools that value experiences heavily out of 15. Trying to figure out how much I’m willing to take out in student loans to improve my GPA for next cycle. I’m doing my best to keep my head up but my confidence is seriously hurt.
Ayo drop the schools that like GPA over experience because I'm having the opposite problem over here :')

fr what are they looking for in an applicant? God? At this rate, I'm wondering why I even bothered working so hard all my life.

• Care
Ayo drop the schools that like GPA over experience because I'm having the opposite problem over here :')

fr what are they looking for in an applicant? God? At this rate, I'm wondering why I even bothered working so hard all my life.
Definitely Minnesota, they screened me out for GPA without even looking at the rest of my app 🙃

Right? Like I’ve been making life and career decisions to try to shape myself into the perfect applicant since I was 12 and I’m going on 26. It’s. Tiring.

• Care
Definitely Minnesota, they screened me out for GPA without even looking at the rest of my app 🙃

Right? Like I’ve been making life and career decisions to try to shape myself into the perfect applicant since I was 12 and I’m going on 26. It’s. Tiring.
Absolutely. So exhausting.

How do you know Minnesota screened you out with GPA, do they state it in the denial letter? Debating on applying to them next cycle if I don't get in this time.

How do you know Minnesota screened you out with GPA, do they state it in the denial letter? Debating on applying to them next cycle if I don't get in this time.
They said so in the denial letter.

Attachments

• F7D32484-B540-4548-BFDE-45D21B7BBD6E.jpeg
    F7D32484-B540-4548-BFDE-45D21B7BBD6E.jpeg
    96.4 KB · Views: 185
They said so in the denial letter.
Minnesota is a complete wildcard for me because I found out after the fact they are super GPA heavy but somehow got an interview. From all the times I have applied it starting to feel more and more like a miracle/random chance as I go on... :| Then there were other schools I thought i would at least have somewhat a chance with because they seemed more holistic and nope.

Minnesota is a complete wildcard for me because I found out after the fact they are super GPA heavy but somehow got an interview. From all the times I have applied it starting to feel more and more like a miracle/random chance as I go on... :| Then there were other schools I thought i would at least have somewhat a chance with because they seemed more holistic and nope.
Yeahhh not to throw too much shade at the process and come off bitter but it does feel pretty random for a lot of schools. All I can think of for MN is that there’s potentially a relatively high, undisclosed cutoff, then they value balanced applicants after that? I dunno. It would help if schools posted that kind of thing publicly.

My fiance suggested that because I have and IS vet school a lot of schools are denying me by assuming that I have a good chance at my IS...

I understand what he means but at the same time there are many other people with an IS vet school who get multiple offers and I'm thinking that that clearly is not the issue at hand.