UCSF interview??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
omg I got accepted! I was crying my eyesout along with my whole fam!!!

Interviewed 2/12
Letter Postmarked 3/19

Good luck to the rest of you!! :)

CONGRATULATIONS SMARIN!!!

I just got ACCEPTANCE today as well!

Interviewed 2/12
Letter Postmarked 3/19

Good luck to everyone waiting! Can't wait to meet the future UCSF'ers! :love:

Members don't see this ad.

lol 2 would def be sweeter than 20 BUT i'm glad that it's not 21 :)

yesterday was my birthday and I guess this is God's gift to me haha (last year someone said that waitlist is the definition for the word bittersweet).

Congrats to everyone who's gotten in. I cannot wait to join you!

argh! you sure it doesn't say 02 NOT 20?? damn.

Interviewed 2/12
Letter Postmarked 3/19

Grats leet. I'm on my Spring Break atm so I can't check my mail box today damn it. I so wanna drive home right away from Yosemite to check my mail box...lol anyway I'll be home on Thursday next week so i'll see if I got accepted or not...

Members don't see this ad :)
Still nothing for me (Interviewed 2/7) and UCLA got their asses handed to them. UGH. :mad:

omg I got accepted! I was crying my eyesout along with my whole fam!!!

Interviewed 2/12
Letter Postmarked 3/19

Good luck to the rest of you!! :)

Congrats!! Welcome!!! :D

Interviewed 2/12
Letter Postmarked 3/19

Congrats and welcome as well!! :) I can't wait to meet the class of 2013!

congrats smarin87 and leetodai! :D
I know u guys have been waiting for this for a long time :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

hopefully i get my letter on Monday and finally find out where I stand
(my interview didn't go well so just being on the waitlist will make me happy :oops:)

congrats to both of you, you owe me a drink if i get in leetodai ! :D

Ahhh...so nervous... That means for socal, status update on Monday? Looks like acceptances and waitlist are coming out now...

Members don't see this ad :)

Interviewed 2/12
Letter Postmarked 3/19

CONGRATS Smarin87 and Leetodai!! How exciting! I received nothing today but am trying to stay hopeful. Maybe I'll hear some news on Monday/Tuesday since I'm in socal.

Got my acceptance letter today!!!! Waitlisted last year and in this year!!!!

congrats to both of you, you owe me a drink if i get in leetodai ! :D

For sure!!! :highfive: Good luck to everyone still waiting and congrats to everyone who's in!!

APRIL 4TH: San Francisco (nor-cal) people; I just wanted to see who would be interested in meeting up for Drinks at Yancies (over by campus); It's a saturday and it's after april 1st so everyone should know whether or not they get in.
PM me and let me know if you're interested (so we don't hijack this thread)

Last edited:
i'm in! i was shaking so badly when i opened the letter... quick prayer, and then i took a peek and saw the words "your position will be given to an alternate ..." and i'm like wait, MY POSITION?! :eek: Tore open the letter and saw the light.

can't believe it. still can't believe it.

i can't wait to meet you all. whenever i introduce myself to someone, i'm going to ask "were you on SDN?" and see if we can match screen names! :laugh:

Did cheburashka get in?

i'm in! i was shaking so badly when i opened the letter... quick prayer, and then i took a peek and saw the words "your position will be given to an alternate ..." and i'm like wait, MY POSITION?! :eek: Tore open the letter and saw the light.

can't believe it. still can't believe it.

i can't wait to meet you all. whenever i introduce myself to someone, i'm going to ask "were you on SDN?" and see if we can match screen names! :laugh:

what was that about "your position will be given to an alternate"?

I got in too! I just got the letter today, postmarked on the 19th.

Considering I was zero out of 4 last year, getting 3 out of 3 this year is f'in amazing.

And I'm totally down for cocktails on the 4th. Looking forward to meeting fellow members of the class of 2013! :D

I got in too! I just got the letter today, postmarked on the 19th.

Considering I was zero out of 4 last year, getting 3 out of 3 this year is f'in amazing.

And I'm totally down for cocktails on the 4th. Looking forward to meeting fellow members of the class of 2013! :D

Congrats stkyrice! You made it! Now hopefully it's my turn next. Ahh...mail on Monday... >_<

Congrats stkyrice! You made it! Now hopefully it's my turn next. Ahh...mail on Monday... >_<

I'll be sending positive thoughts your way! Hope you get the letter too! :D

Basically, if the person who gets the acceptance letter doesn't respond by 4/10, "the offer will be withdrawn and your position will be given to an alternate on our waiting list."

To everyone on the waitlist--don't despair. I've been there last year--and a bunch of us who got waitlisted last year got in this year...but you still have 6 months until you know what happens and a lot can happen between now and then. :)

Got my acceptance today. I'm in San Diego. Good luck everyone!

Congratulations to the bunch of you guys that got your acceptance letters today! I am excited to meet you all. :)

And for those of you who are still waiting, keep your hopes up!

Is there anyone on here that is currently a student and is not from California but is in the process/was able to declare residency and pay in-state tuition in your 2nd year? I am from the east coast and will be doing that!

Basically, if the person who gets the acceptance letter doesn't respond by 4/10, "the offer will be withdrawn and your position will be given to an alternate on our waiting list."

To everyone on the waitlist--don't despair. I've been there last year--and a bunch of us who got waitlisted last year got in this year...but you still have 6 months until you know what happens and a lot can happen between now and then. :)

Thanks stkyrice for the encouragement :luck:

I received my letter yesterday, dated the 20th, and I'm waitlisted as #36. So I'm assuming all the final decisions have been made and letters will be arriving very, very soon for the rest of you guys waiting:xf:!

I'm going to try to remain optimistic, but at the same time I keep having thoughts about how I'm going to approach the next application cycle. If you're a reapplicant, I'd really appreciate it if you could PM me! I interviewed on the 31st of January (Red group) and met someone who was a reapplicant, sorry I don't remember your name but I hope you got in this time around, too!)

and finally, CONGRATULATIONS to everyone who got accepted!! I'm going to remain hopeful that I can make it in with you guys this year too!

oh it was because i was reading the middle of a sentence that said if i don't respond by a certain date, my position WILL be given to an alternate... but yes, i responded already!!! hehe. (i see someone replied for me already...)

btw, for anyone keeping track, i'm in berkeley, CA. letter written march 19th and postmarked on march 20th. i received it on saturday the 21st.

Last edited:
have all the acceptances been set out? it's killing me having to count down these final days..aahh!

congrats to smarin and leetodai. (hopefully i can join you guys in celebrating later this week) and the lonely wait continues.....

Is there anyone on the forum who is not currently living in California or going to school in California been accepted yet?

I thought it would be nice to do a little meet and greet (aka happy hour :D) for all the San Diegans who have gotten accepted, maybe mid-April or so. PM me if you're interested! Congratulations to you all!

How does mail get from SF to SD faster than it does to OC/LA?

Then again, government entities aren't exactly the most logical or efficient things in the world :rolleyes:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but no one from LA/OC has heard back in the last few days yet? (I am in LA)

I GOT IN! :D

I just got back from Tahoe last night and had a small envelope waiting for me. I was shocked when I read the letter. I AM STILL IN SHOCK that I got into the top ranked pharmacy school in the country. Congrats to everyone else who got in, and good luck to those who are waiting. Now I need to find affordable and pet-friendly housing near campus. :confused:

I GOT IN! :D

I just got back from Tahoe last night and had a small envelope waiting for me. I was shocked when I read the letter. I AM STILL IN SHOCK that I got into the top ranked pharmacy school in the country. Congrats to everyone else who got in, and good luck to those who are waiting. Now I need to find affordable and pet-friendly housing near campus. :confused:

Will you be joining us at Yancy's?

Here is the link for everyone by the way:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/yancys-saloon-san-francisco

wow so many acceptances and no rejections so far....:D
i hope it's like that for us so cal people too :xf::xf::xf:

How does mail get from SF to SD faster than it does to OC/LA?

Then again, government entities aren't exactly the most logical or efficient things in the world :rolleyes:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but no one from LA/OC has heard back in the last few days yet? (I am in LA)

I'm wondering that too. :confused: I'm in LA and haven't gotten anything.

Congrats Pharmbella!!!

Hey is the Yancy's on April 4th? Because thats what it says on the facebook. But at first I thought itwas this coming Sat.

It is April 4th, so everyone has a chance to get their letter. I'm just not on facebook anymore, so posted it here. I'm too cool for facebook. ;)

To the still waiting guys: hang in there, I'm cheering for you.

It is April 4th, so everyone has a chance to get their letter. I'm just not on facebook anymore, so posted it here. I'm too cool for facebook. ;)

To the still waiting guys: hang in there, I'm cheering for you.

Did you get in cheburashka? Sounds like you did. If you did, congrats! :)

Did anyone else interview on 2/20 and receive an acceptance?

none of the people i know who interviewed on 2/20 (including me) have heard back so far. dont worry, ill be stalking my mailman tomorrow.

Thanks stkyrice for the encouragement :luck:

I received my letter yesterday, dated the 20th, and I'm waitlisted as #36. So I'm assuming all the final decisions have been made and letters will be arriving very, very soon for the rest of you guys waiting:xf:!

I'm going to try to remain optimistic, but at the same time I keep having thoughts about how I'm going to approach the next application cycle. If you're a reapplicant, I'd really appreciate it if you could PM me! I interviewed on the 31st of January (Red group) and met someone who was a reapplicant, sorry I don't remember your name but I hope you got in this time around, too!)

and finally, CONGRATULATIONS to everyone who got accepted!! I'm going to remain hopeful that I can make it in with you guys this year too!

I'm a reapplicant, and definitely feel free to PM me if you have questions.

I was actually totally shocked that I made it, because I thought I bombed the UCSF interview and had thought that I was going to Touro instead. I was even scoping out wineries, er, pharmacies up in Napa/Sonoma to check out yesterday for my IPPEs. :laugh:

When I got the acceptance letter last night, I was so stunned that I screamed for a good 3-4 minutes, and called everybody on my speed dial that I made it over the next 5 minutes. :)

Anyways, the best way to prepare for your reapplication is to first talk to Joel and see where you can improve your supplemental application. From there, you can figure out what your best course of action would be for the next year, whether that be leadership opportunities, volunteering, grades, etc.

Good luck!

Wow it sounds like they're letting everyone in this year! Congratulations to you all. I'll be joining you guys on the April 4th as well!

Officially accepted!!!!!! I've never posted anything on sdn before - i'm so excited that this is my first post!!!!! I'm from arizona!!!!! So all of you out-of-stater's keep hope!!!!! I interviewed on 02/07 and the letter is postmarked 03/19!!!!!!!! I can't wait to meet everyone that's been accepted - congrats to everyone - i wish i could meet you guys at yancy's!!!!!!!! I might just fly down that weekend who knows?!!!!!!!!! =) =) =)

Officially accepted!!!!!! I've never posted anything on sdn before - i'm so excited that this is my first post!!!!! I'm from arizona!!!!! So all of you out-of-stater's keep hope!!!!! I interviewed on 02/07 and the letter is postmarked 03/19!!!!!!!! I can't wait to meet everyone that's been accepted - congrats to everyone - i wish i could meet you guys at yancy's!!!!!!!! I might just fly down that weekend who knows?!!!!!!!!! =) =) =)

Congrats! :clap:

And for waitlisters, last year 14 spots moved up (12 were accepted) just FYI. 4 years ago, it moved up to the 30's, 3 years ago it moved up to the mid 20's. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but that's the info I received when I was waitlisted last year (I asked my 4th & 3rd year friends - and I for some reason do not know any P2's at all :confused:)

Yay MilkMilk! go out and celebrate!!! see you in the fall!!!!