UCSF interview??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No one has posted about their rejections yet so I'll be the first.

I GOT....REJECTED!!! I dunno when the letter was postmarked, but my parents told me that it arrived Saturday afternoon. My interview was Friday, 2/13.

No pity needed. I know my career will still be bright. If the Dept. of State granted me a Fulbright, I know there's still some love out there and that my experiences abroad will open doors for me elsewhere. Good luck y'all!
:scared: That's too bad pharminful. Keep the faith. Some where else will love to have you. You will be a great pharmacist!!!!! :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

One of my friends got rejected too. Ahhh...the wait is so nerve wracking...

He interviewed on 1/30 and is in socal.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I predict the next round of letters will be sent out again on Wed and we'll hear by Th or Fri. I don't think they send them out everyday.

Wait is beyond agonizing. I haven't slept normally in almost 2 weeks, last night got maybe 4 hrs at the most as I was silly enough to read this thread right before going to bed.

By this point, I'm thinking the most scariest depressing thoughts seeing how everyone else got accepted already.

I predict the next round of letters will be sent out again on Wed and we'll hear by Th or Fri. I don't think they send them out everyday.

Wait is beyond agonizing. I haven't slept normally in almost 2 weeks, last night got maybe 4 hrs at the most as I was silly enough to read this thread right before going to bed.

By this point, I'm thinking the most scariest depressing thoughts seeing how everyone else got accepted already.

I feel you! I have not slept normally and I keep having terrible thoughts. It is hard to stay positive when you feel that spots are filling up. My stomach hurts just as I write this. I am so nervous!

no mail today :(

I feel the same.. If SDN represents only a small percentage of actual applicants, seeing several get accepted is making me :scared:

trying to stay positive still

no mail today :(

I feel the same.. If SDN represents only a small percentage of actual applicants, seeing several get accepted is making me :scared:

trying to stay positive still

i feel you. I keep checking this every like couple of minutes but i think i am going to let it be. When it comes it comes. It is all out of our hands now good luck to everyone!

Hi everyone!

I know this is very hard to do if you're an SDN addict, but what saved me from going crazy about UCSF is to quit it cold turkey. The speculation and the theories might be good to explain it away, but at the same time, if it's causing you not to sleep it now, do something to get rid of the stress, and get rid of SDN on your bookmarks--or stop reading the UCSF thread.

Last year, it drove me crazy since I was one of the last to get a letter, and all the theories made no sense after a while, since I got to know people who defied all those theories. If it makes you feel better and turns your hair white, and you like causing unnecessary pain to yourself, by all means, keep reading the thread and creating the baseless theories.

Honestly, I've learned that I have better things to do than to worry about things that I have no control over. Not getting into UCSF isn't going to kill you--and just because you haven't received a letter now doesn't mean you're not getting in.

I know I'm taking a very unpopular stance, but given that I've been through the period of waiting before, I believe that all of us have better things to do than theorize on SDN and thinking that you can change something that's already been decided.

I believe that all of us have better things to do than theorize on SDN and thinking that you can change something that's already been decided.

Agreed. I've found myself addicted to Pet Society on Facebook and am spending hours on it. :laugh: Totally mindless activity, but it's taking my mind off the wait.

You guys don't have to check your mail box everyday. Letters only arrive on Thursday and Friday (Nothern CA) ( Friday and Sat if you live in Southern Ca or out of state).

I'm getting restless here too since I just got accepted into Maryland and I don't know if I should go or not since I'm still waiting for UCSF...

I predict someone in the admissions office is going to read your prediction on SDN and purpously send letters at random just to mess with your head (Joel G.-->):laugh::scared::laugh: (<-- Scott).

LOL

I bet they get a kick every year reading these conspiracy theories. I DARE someone to come with a mathematical model to explain their admissions process. I would seriously pay to see that. Any Math majors here?

I predict someone in the admissions office is going to read your prediction on SDN and purpously send letters at random just to mess with your head (Joel G.-->):laugh::scared::laugh: (<-- Scott).

Lol That is funny. There is however supposed to be a system. Joel always emphasizes how there are only about 3 experts in the admissions process that really know it though.

LOL

I bet they get a kick every year reading these conspiracy theories. I DARE someone to come with a mathematical model to explain their admissions process. I would seriously pay to see that. Any Math majors here?

I am basing my asumption on the thread last yeat in which it seems letters were sent out in batches every week. Also, I don't think either Eric or Joel read SDN on a regular basis, I even asked Joel this when I met him.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
You guys don't have to check your mail box everyday. Letters only arrive on Thursday and Friday (Nothern CA) ( Friday and Sat if you live in Southern Ca or out of state).

I'm getting restless here too since I just got accepted into Maryland and I don't know if I should go or not since I'm still waiting for UCSF...

Hey matt48, I'm right there with you. Just got accepted into Maryland and am anxiously awaiting a response from UCSF! :scared: Hopefully we'll both get good news at the end of this week.

Hey matt48, I'm right there with you. Just got accepted into Maryland and am anxiously awaiting a response from UCSF! :scared: Hopefully we'll both get good news at the end of this week.

What campus do you choose btw? I think this is gonna be a big disappointment for me if I get accepted into bunch of other schools but none of those is my top choice... I don't know what I feel right now though, kinda happy and not happy at the same time... I mean when I first got my acceptance from UOP I'm extremely happy, then Touro and now Maryland but then the longer I wait for UCSF the more anxious I feel... this is just unbearable...

Last edited:
Dear SDN,

Please put me out of my misery until my letter comes in. Maybe a 1 week nap? So I can wake up and know my fate.

Waiting sucks! I can't sleep

Thanks.

San Francisco, 2/20. Good luck to those waiting. :thumbup:

who's still waiting? shouldn't nor cal receive their letters today/tomorrow?

literally ran home from school today and just to find....NO LETTER!

I'm in San Francisco.
Interviewed 2/12

I don't even know if I want to open the letter right away when it finally arrives. I've had way too much bad news lately that I don't think I can take anymore now.

No...the mail came...some billys, some netflix...but no UCSF.

O I misread it as : "I'm in. San Francisco Interviewed 2/12"

I don't even know if I want to open the letter right away when it finally arrives. I've had way too much bad news lately that I don't think I can take anymore now.

I feel you.

Interviewed 2/12 as well; from SF. Still waiting !!! Anxiety is terrible. But I'd rather get the letter the last day as long as I get accepted =P

BTW, found this on one of the "what to do while waiting for letter" threads...

http://www.bacteriatd.com/

Sent it to my P3 friends and they found it hard too!! haha

Interviewed 2/12 as well; from SF. Still waiting !!! Anxiety is terrible. But I'd rather get the letter the last day as long as I get accepted =P

if I remember correctly you were waitlisted last year and never got in right? the same happened to me last year with ucsd. waiting this long is frustrating :scared::scared::scared::scared:

but I don't mind receiving the letter on the last day if it means an acceptance also :D

Last edited:
if I remember correctly you were waitlisted last year and never got in right? the same happened to me last year with ucsd. waiting this long is frustrating :scared::scared::scared::scared:

but I don't mind receiving the letter on the last day if it means an acceptance also :D

Oh man. I pray that we both get in. Drinks on me if/when we do :laugh:

I'm getting nervous since I just found out two of my classmates recently got in. :scared:

I am basing my asumption on the thread last yeat in which it seems letters were sent out in batches every week. Also, I don't think either Eric or Joel read SDN on a regular basis, I even asked Joel this when I met him.

Who's Eric?

I find it weird/interesting that no one really heard back this week so far. Maybe they did catch on to our SDN analysis and are changing it up. ;)

Leetodai, if you hear anything back this week, please let me know as we interviewed together and it will at least let me know they are reviewing our interview date files.

Leetodai, if you hear anything back this week, please let me know as we interviewed together and it will at least let me know they are reviewing our interview date files.

Of course! I will immediately post as soon as I hear back!

The longer I wait, the more I think I may be waitlisted :scared:
I even went to the gym for 2 hours yesterday and alas it did nothing but make me tired AND still just as nervous :scared:

Anyways, good luck to everyone still waiting, hope we all hear good news soon :xf:

Do you guys think all the acceptances went out already? I am getting anxiuos

Do you guys think all the acceptances went out already? I am getting anxiuos

No. I would venture an educated guess and say that they have not. I know people who are currently in the program that received their letter as late as the last thurs/fri of March (27th, 28th of last year) :thumbup:

So keep the hope alive! :xf:

Of course! I will immediately post as soon as I hear back!

The longer I wait, the more I think I may be waitlisted :scared:
I even went to the gym for 2 hours yesterday and alas it did nothing but make me tired AND still just as nervous :scared:

Anyways, good luck to everyone still waiting, hope we all hear good news soon :xf:

Uhm,,not sure about the waiting list part. I got my acceptance letter two years ago on March 24th...The whole time I was anxious, nervous, angry.. but this was what I told myself "No news is good news", it helps. Good luck!

*keeps hope alive!*

This is the one and only school I'm waiting for... it's all or nothing!

... let's hope it's all.

could today be the day?

Still no mail today. I suppose my anxiety is infinitely exemplified by the fact that someone already started a facebook group for the class of 2013. I wish people would have waited until all of us got our letters, at least it wouldn't be so agonizing.

Still no mail today. I suppose my anxiety is infinitely exemplified by the fact that someone already started a facebook group for the class of 2013. I wish people would have waited until all of us got our letters, at least it wouldn't be so agonizing.

yea.. look on the bright side, at least there's only 9 in that group so far . i'd be worried if there was like 80!!:laugh::laugh:

yea.. look on the bright side, at least there's only 9 in that group so far . i'd be worried if there was like 80!!:laugh::laugh:

Good point, nevertheless I am worried.

I receive letters 1 or 2 days later than you guys. I guess my mailbox will be empty once again

It has to be tomorrow or Friday right? I mean, March is coming to an end so soon!

And yea, I am glad the Facebook group is small, because it it had a lot of people, I might faint. lol

I receive letters 1 or 2 days later than you guys. I guess my mailbox will be empty once again

Yeah, I tend to receive my mail late as well :scared:
I feel like with my luck, I will receive the letter tomorrow or friday b/c I'm out of texts and I won't be able to tell my friends whether or not I got in via mass text :laugh:

Yeah, I tend to receive my mail late as well :scared:
I feel like with my luck, I will receive the letter tomorrow or friday b/c I'm out of texts and I won't be able to tell my friends whether or not I got in via mass text :laugh:

You can always do what my classmate did when he got in - post in giant letters on facebook in your status section that you got into the best pharmacy school in the country and announce it to everyone you know first thing you meet them.

He is a great guy, just a big goofy though. :laugh:

Last edited:
I hope all of us who are still waiting this long receive an acceptance.....:)
I can't bear to think of receiving a rejection after waiting in agony for like a month :(