UCSF interview??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For the statement of legal residence, if we are not financially independent but are supported by parents who are California residents, we just need to fill out one form right?
Or do we have to fill out the student affidavit and parent affidavit forms? I'm confused :confused:

I'm confused what you're asking. I sent them all info I had to be safe than sorry... (since it reserves your spot)

My interpretation was:
If you were under 24, you filled out the parent form OR
If you were a claimed dependent of CA parents, then you filled out the parent form

This would mean that to NOT fill out the second form:
You are older than 24 OR
You were claimed dependent of non-CA parents

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'm confused what you're asking. I sent them all info I had to be safe than sorry...

Edit: I look back and I probably didn't have to go through the hassle of getting my parents info (incredibly hard), but I feel more at ease doing so since it is required to reserve your spot.

Hey Jaded03, thanks for your fast response :)
On the website, they have links to 5 forms under residency forms:
Did you fill out all of them? Or just the first one (Statement of Legal Residence for New and Readmitted Students)?
I'm just not sure if I need to fill out the Student Affidavit and Parent Affidavit forms....

Did you fill out all of them? Or just the first one (Statement of Legal Residence for New and Readmitted Students)?
I'm just not sure if I need to fill out the Student Affidavit and Parent Affidavit forms....

LoL, I revised it. O, I just filled out the "Statement of Legal Residence" My response was the the fact there are two sides and the second side could be left primarily blank. I didn't go any further than that form as the instructions said "Download and complete the Statement of Legal Residence for New and Readmitted Students" LoL. Brings back memories of the secondary, doesn't it?

Members don't see this ad :)

If you are a California resident, you only need to fill out the Statement of Legal Residence form. You do not need to fill out the student affidavit nor the parent affidavit forms (I called the Office of Admission and Registrar to verify this). You can always call the OAR also if you have any questions.

LoL, I revised it. O, I just filled out the "Statement of Legal Residence" My response was the the fact there are two sides and the second side could be left primarily blank. I didn't go any further than that form as the instructions said "Download and complete the Statement of Legal Residence for New and Readmitted Students" LoL. Brings back memories of the secondary, doesn't it?

If you are a California resident, you only need to fill out the Statement of Legal Residence form. You do not need to fill out the student affidavit nor the parent affidavit forms (I called the Office of Admission and Registrar to verify this). You can always call the OAR also if you have any questions.

Thanks guys for your help! :D
Just a few more questions,
When you're writing the "Date Issued" and "Last Renewed" for your driver's license information, is the "Date Issued" just 5 years minus from the expiration date written on your license? Or do we just estimate the date based on our memory?
And is the "Last Renewed" the date under your signature at the bottom of your license?
Sorry for the nit-picky questions! Just want to make sure I'm doing this right! :p

Ah just got back from Yosemite! Letter is here!!! WOW I got in! Sweet!

When you're writing the "Date Issued" and "Last Renewed" for your driver's license information, is the "Date Issued" just 5 years minus from the expiration date written on your license? Or do we just estimate the date based on our memory?
And is the "Last Renewed" the date under your signature at the bottom of your license?
Sorry for the nit-picky questions! Just want to make sure I'm doing this right! :p

I'd estimate to the best of your knowledge, if you don't know. The last issued is the date on the card. My parents were impossible to figure out to the date, so I'm assuming there is some leniency. I just wouldn't leave anything blank or intentionally falsify any information.

Only if it's been less than 5 years since you first got your license. :p I can't even remember the month or day when I first got my license! I just put down the year that I first got my license (sigh, 1990 :laugh:)

And you're right, the last renewed date is the date under your signature.

Ah just got back from Yosemite! Letter is here!!! WOW I got in! Sweet!

Congrats! Are you going to go to UCSF matt48? If you are, welcome to the UCSF family! hehehe Come join the UCSF facebook group!

Thanks for the encouragement and congrats on your acceptance! Nope, unfortunately, I didn't get into the other pharmacy schools I applied to.

Same thing happened to me last year. I was zero out of 4 for '08, but made it 3 for 3 for '09. I was totally devastated when I didn't make it into any schools, but seriously, just pick yourself up and get right back into it. Being persistent helps a lot. Applying the second time around when you don't make it the first time shows you're serious and it makes a very positive impression on people.

Based on memory of when you got your license. And yes, I think the date on the bottom is the last date you renewed.

Congrats! Are you going to go to UCSF matt48? If you are, welcome to the UCSF family! hehehe Come join the UCSF facebook group!

OMG I just finished calling everyone I know about my acceptance into UCSF!!! Everyone tried to calm me down lol I think I'm going nut!!! Yes I'll go to UCSF!!!! OMG I must be dreaming or something...

Is there anyone besides me who keeps on looking at the letter just to make sure that it's real......:laugh:LOL

It is finally starting to sink in that I am going to UCSF.

Members don't see this ad :)
LOL! I got a letter this past Tuesday also from UCSF--and I immediately thought, "oh, crap, they're going to say they made a mistake."

It turned out to be a letter from Dr. Yeomans, the dean of diversity, welcoming me to the class of '13. :laugh:

I actually do read that letter and I'm _still_ amazed I made it. I think buying the sweatshirt and seeing myself in the mirror was the big "OMG" moment for me....

i interviewed in the morning. you were in the 2nd session right? the only person i spoke to briefly from the second session was a cute guy that spoke swahili and traveled to africa (droool);)

lololol!!!!! it just dawned on me, your eye-candy joined the ucsf 2013 facebook group.
he's travelled to some fascinating places. and yes he's cute, i'll pm you.

Last edited:
lololol!!!!! it just dawned on me, your eye-candy joined the ucsf 2013 facebook group.

oh, my, considering the class is historically 75% female/25% male, the straight guys in the class have it made. ;)

wait--i was in the second interview group for the 12th--so who WAS this guy? ROTFL!

oh, my, considering the class is historically 75% female/25% male, the straight guys in the class have it made. ;)

wait--i was in the second interview group for the 12th--so who WAS this guy? ROTFL!

:eek: it must have been you! haha, why are all the cute guys gay?

... don't forget the queer women
it is san francisco

*^_^*

... don't forget the queer women
it is san francisco

*^_^*

LOL! yay! i'm not the only queer one! (not like i really believed i was the only one....)

oh, i don't speak swahili--and i don't go after str8 guys, especially my classmates! that'd be awkward! ;-)

LOL! yay! i'm not the only queer one! (not like i really believed i was the only one....)

oh, i don't speak swahili--and i don't go after str8 guys, especially my classmates! that'd be awkward! ;-)

Yeah it'd be weird going after classmates! Just go after the P2's, P3's and P4's :laugh:

Wait list #4... yay, more waiting.

I wouldnt worry about that really. I bet you will have a very high chance of getting in. There are couple people that declined UCSF acceptance for UCSD and USC and other schools. I'm gonna pray for you :p let us know when you got your acceptance email/phone call :)

:eek: it must have been you! haha, why are all the cute guys gay?

nah...it wasn't me...besides InVinoVeritas PMed me, and we would've recognized each other...LOL

So she still has a chance! ;)

LOL! I got a letter this past Tuesday also from UCSF--and I immediately thought, "oh, crap, they're going to say they made a mistake."

It turned out to be a letter from Dr. Yeomans, the dean of diversity, welcoming me to the class of '13. :laugh:

I actually do read that letter and I'm _still_ amazed I made it. I think buying the sweatshirt and seeing myself in the mirror was the big "OMG" moment for me....

hey no way! haha. i didn't get such a letter... =( i hope they didn't make a mistake w/ me haha.

hey no way! haha. i didn't get such a letter... =( i hope they didn't make a mistake w/ me haha.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think they send you that letter after they have confirmed that they received your deposit fee and legal residence statement form.
Anyone looking forward to getting their health shots done? ;)
I have to get like 5 more done :scared:

Like laketica said, I hope they didn't make a mistake with me either. I don't think I'll really believe it until I get a student id number!

Just wondering if there are anymore people in the SoCal, LA area. All these parties in San Francisco and San Diego make me feel like we're missing out over here!

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think they send you that letter after they have confirmed that they received your deposit fee and legal residence statement form.
Anyone looking forward to getting their health shots done? ;)
I have to get like 5 more done :scared:

That letter I think was separate from the one I received. I think because I belong to one of the underrepresented groups that UCSF keeps tabs on (I'm Filipino-- the other groups they consider underrepresented are African American, Latino and Native American), I got a special letter from Dr. Yeomans congratulating me on getting accepted.

I already submitted my deposit and the statement of legal residency, so I'll probably be getting that letter from UCSF about the shots and student ID number next week (I know UCSF had yesterday off because of Cesar Chavez day).

Last edited:
I wouldnt worry about that really. I bet you will have a very high chance of getting in. There are couple people that declined UCSF acceptance for UCSD and USC and other schools. I'm gonna pray for you :p let us know when you got your acceptance email/phone call :)

do you guys know others who are declining their offer to ucsf? i counted three so far (thanks for the info extra07!) staying hopeful now :xf:

Thank you for the encouragement, it means a lot!

I got in too! I just got the letter today, postmarked on the 19th.

Considering I was zero out of 4 last year, getting 3 out of 3 this year is f'in amazing.

And I'm totally down for cocktails on the 4th. Looking forward to meeting fellow members of the class of 2013! :D

i knew this time would be the charm for you. congrats again. i am still in vegas relaxing with my close friends before school starts.

Yeah it'd be weird going after classmates! Just go after the P2's, P3's and P4's :laugh:

you have any recommendations? ones who have a british accent or can pull an african language out of the blues? i'd be interested to know....

i got your pm. a lot of my friends from SF told me he's a hard nut to crack. but i love the challenge! i really don't know why i'm crazy about him.

it seems at this rate were talking about this on SDN he might find out. so i'm going to remain anonymous for now.

and stkyrice you are a hottie so don't let anyone change your mind about that! :D

i knew this time would be the charm for you. congrats again. i am still in vegas relaxing with my close friends before school starts.

and stkyrice you are a hottie so don't let anyone change your mind about that! :D

ROTFLOL! You are too kind, miss! *bow*

Considering that nearly everyone in the class is a good 10 years younger than me, I'm going to stick to going for guys my own age, which usually means more junior faculty or the random resident/internist (and there's some really cute out ones here too who work out at Milberry/Bakar). :D

Since this is SF, I know it's not too hard to find hot single gay men in their 30s. :laugh: