UCSF interview??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I JUST GOT IN!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Interviewed: 2/20
Letter dated: 3/19
Postmarked: 3/20

Good luck to everyone else still waiting!

Members don't see this ad.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I JUST GOT IN!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Interviewed: 2/20
Letter dated: 3/19
Postmarked: 3/20

Good luck to everyone else still waiting!

Congratulations Rycetrix! We'll both be classmates in the fall! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations Rycetrix! We'll both be classmates in the fall! :D

Yes! Thanks stkyrice! We thought we were both going to end up at Touro, but we both got pleasantly surprised! :thumbup: Class of 2013 for life! hehe

OMG!!! I can't believe it!! I am sooo excited. I just got my letter of acceptance!!! UCSF class of 2013 here I come. :love:

Letter was dated 3/19 and I'm in San Diego!!

Looks like I'm one of the few that didn't get in from sdn
Very low on the waitlist.... Preparing for 3rd year applying. Definitely a low low pt in my life

I just got accepted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

interviewed" 2/13/09
letter dated: 3/19/09
postmarked: 3/20/09

I live in La Jolla, CA 92037

I'm a reapplicant, graduated UCSD in June 2006
applied for the fall 2007 class, no interview
did not apply for the fall 2008 class
worked the last two years as a cancer research scientist

I'm sooooooo glad that I never gave up on my goals.
(1st generation college graduate) I'm so happy

Good luck to those of you still waiting

I'm in! YES! After a lot of disappointing news these past few months (hold for Western, AC for USC, denial from SD) the good news is definitely what I needed.

Interview: 2/7
Letter dated and postmarked: Mar 19
Received today Mar 23
I live in the OC

Very low on the waitlist.... Preparing for 3rd year applying. Definitely a low low pt in my life

Koercive, it's not over. Don't lose hope! I'm crossing my fingers for you, and everybody else still waiting!

Last edited:

Sorry :(
If you have any questions, want any friendly advice or my personal thoughts on reapplying, etc, feel free to PM me (as I was a reapplicant last year)
I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for you :xf:

I'm so sorry. My heart goes out to you - don't lose hope, Joel said, someone re-applied 3 times before finally getting in on the 4th trial but he was determine to get in and didn't give up. If you need any sort of help - proofread your essay, help with the interview, just someone to talk to - don't hesitate to ask.

Denied - found out a few moments ago. :(

Best of luck to those who were accepted and waitlisted!

Cheers,

interviewed: 2/20
letter dated and postmarked: 3/19
received in San Diego: 3/23

and the wait ends...

IM IN!

Last edited:
I just got accepted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

interviewed" 2/13/09
letter dated: 3/19/09
postmarked: 3/20/09

I live in La Jolla, CA 92037

I'm a reapplicant, graduated UCSD in June 2006
applied for the fall 2007 class, no interview
did not apply for the fall 2008 class
worked the last two years as a cancer research scientist

I'm sooooooo glad that I never gave up on my goals.
(1st generation college graduate) I'm so happy

Good luck to those of you still waiting

Way to persist! Congrats on your acceptance letter and see you in the fall. Looks like we are gonna have a lot of stories to share when we talk in person :)

Members don't see this ad :)

Koercive, I am so sorry :( Please let me know if I can be of help with your reapplication.

Hi Congratulations
I am just wondering
Does anybody here who get admitted to both UCSF and UCSD?
Anybody who will decline UCSD and go to UCSF?
Anybody who will decline UCSF and go to UCSD?

I applied to both schools this year, but didn't get in. Any suggestions for reapplicants? How to improve/strengthen my application?
- How many new LORs are needed for reapplicants next year?
- Do you have to re-write your personal statement and supplmental essays -- volunteer, culture sensitivity, human condition, optional, and your personal uniqueness?
thanks for your help

Last edited:
I know a friend who interviewed on 2/20 and got her acceptance the first week of announcement. I interviewed way before her 1/31 and am waitlisted (found out this past weekend). lol... I guess when you interview dont really matter...?

none of the people i know who interviewed on 2/20 (including me) have heard back so far. dont worry, ill be stalking my mailman tomorrow.

yah i think there are exceptions to that theory, but predominantly the trend seems that way. i have a friend who interviewed 1/31 as well and hasn't heard back yet either.

Accepted in Fresno today. Interviewed on 2/13. Letter dated 3/19.

Who is reapplying next year?

Is it okay to use the same 'theme's to answer the essay questions (rewording essays)?

I spent countless hours last year brainstorming/editing/rewriting my essays, that it's going to be very difficult for me to come up with something completely original.

congrats again to those that got in, hope to see you guys in 2010..

Is it okay to use the same 'theme's to answer the essay questions (rewording essays)?

I spent countless hours last year brainstorming/editing/rewriting my essays, that it's going to be very difficult for me to come up with something completely original.

It's totally okay to use the same themes, but you should have someone you trust read and edit to tighten up your essays. Probably the most important essay for you to complete is the one that asks what you've done to improve your application from the prior year. Here is where Joel comes in since he'll be the one who'll be able to help you the most, since he'll be able to give you constructive criticism that's informed from the evaluators' opinions.

The differences between those low on the acceptance and high on the waitlist are often minute, so anything you can do to make your essays as well-written and pharmacy-related as possible will help immensely.

I ended up having to do that when I reapplied for this year--my essays were very well written the first time I applied, but not pharmacy-specific enough. This year I made sure that my essays really focused on pharmacy and why--and that probably pushed me over the top, since I wasn't able to really do any extra volunteering, etc., since my work schedule was insane.

If you have any questions, or want me to help with your essays, feel free to PM me. :D

Last edited:
I applied to both schools this year, but didn't get in. Any suggestions for reapplicants? How to improve/strengthen my application?
- How many new LORs are needed for reapplicants next year?
- Do you have to re-write your personal statement and supplmental essays -- volunteer, culture sensitivity, human condition, optional, and your personal uniqueness?
thanks for your help

You only need one extra LOR for the following year up to a maximum of 4.

To answer the rewriting question, call/e-mail Joel since he'll be able to help you the most. Sometimes it just takes a little re-writing/tightening up...or you might need to completely rewrite it.

yeah, didn't they say starting in june, you can call them and ask about what to improve on your app? keep it up! you're going to get in somewhere! have you thought about taking more classes or retaking some, and applying to more schools, taking the PCAT, etc?

yeah, didn't they say starting in june, you can call them and ask about what to improve on your app? keep it up! you're going to get in somewhere! have you thought about taking more classes or retaking some, and applying to more schools, taking the PCAT, etc?

going take the PTCB, get a job/internship in a biotech company. can I retake classes that I got B- in?

thanks for everybody's help/advice

Last edited:
going take the PTCB, get a job/internship in a biotech company. can I retake classes that I got B- in?

I think I'll pm you instead.

Last edited:
Officially accepted!!!!!! I've never posted anything on sdn before - i'm so excited that this is my first post!!!!! I'm from arizona!!!!! So all of you out-of-stater's keep hope!!!!! I interviewed on 02/07 and the letter is postmarked 03/19!!!!!!!! I can't wait to meet everyone that's been accepted - congrats to everyone - i wish i could meet you guys at yancy's!!!!!!!! I might just fly down that weekend who knows?!!!!!!!!! =) =) =)

This is my first post too! :)
I got my acceptance letter last night. Woohoo!!!! I interviewed on 2/13. It didn't hit me until a couple hours after I read the letter. I think I was in shock.:laugh:

Haha. If Rycetrix isn't showing love to the new class by posting us all on the stickied acceptance thread...

Haha. If Rycetrix isn't showing love to the new class by posting us all on the stickied acceptance thread...

LOL. Seriously! But I think we're all just excited to get in this fall. :laugh:

I'm definitely excited to meet all you guys--hopefully on the 4th, or definitely in September. :)

Congratulations everyone! I was wondering if anyone will be declining their USC acceptance for UCSF. I'm on AC right now and I'm losing hope of getting in anymore. Any info. to get my hopes up would be swell. :p Again Congrats to you all!!! :thumbup:

Uhm, my very first post--I just learned about this site. and damn, this is addicting!! ;)

Koercive, my unsolicited advice to you re: re-applying and for others who are doing the same. Don't just ask friends to read over your essays, ask someone who has a critical eye and KNOWS how to put together a great application! I had a friend (Harvard Law graduate) help me with my essays. This friend has helped other people get into competitive graduate programs including public policy, business, and law schools. Also, I did two mock interviews with experienced public speakers. (I went into the interview having heard all the questions and practiced the answers multiple times.) Hope this helps and hope I didn't come off too preachy. I wanted to offer some CONCRETE advice. PM me if you want to know more. I'll be happy to share the limited experience I have with the application process--or my friend's vast experience with the application process. ;)

Accepted.
Postmarked: March 21st.
Dated March 19th.

Good luck to everybody!!

This is my first post too! :)
I got my acceptance letter last night. Woohoo!!!! I interviewed on 2/13. It didn't hit me until a couple hours after I read the letter. I think I was in shock.:laugh:

Congrats kerokero!! I also interviewed on 2/13. Were you in the morning session by any chance?

:love:I GOT IN, I GOT IN. I can't believe it. Class of 2013 here I come. I spent the afternoon on the phone calling everyone. The two month wait really started to mess with my mind and make me think that I was not getting in. WOW! I am so excited to meet everyone else in my class. This is going to be a lot of fun and hard work. OMG I am going to be a Pharmacist. :laugh:

I interviewed on 2/7/09 and am in the Northeast. :luck: Good luck to everyone else who is still waiting to hear back.

hi guys,
I have been ferverously following this thread. I get pretty anxious every time I read about people posting their USCF interview response and wonder where is my response letter.

Grats to everyone that got in!

Last edited:
Uhm, my very first post--I just learned about this site. and damn, this is addicting!! ;)

Koercive, my unsolicited advice to you re: re-applying and for others who are doing the same. Don't just ask friends to read over your essays, ask someone who has a critical eye and KNOWS how to put together a great application! I had a friend (Harvard Law graduate) help me with my essays. This friend has helped other people get into competitive graduate programs including public policy, business, and law schools. Also, I did two mock interviews with experienced public speakers. (I went into the interview having heard all the questions and practiced the answers multiple times.) Hope this helps and hope I didn't come off too preachy. I wanted to offer some CONCRETE advice. PM me if you want to know more. I'll be happy to share the limited experience I have with the application process--or my friend's vast experience with the application process. ;)

Accepted.
Postmarked: March 21st.
Dated March 19th.

Good luck to everybody!!

I second this advice. I had many friends look over my essays but only two had the critical eyes necessary to help my essays stand out. They helped me bring my message across and tighten up my essays. Their advice was to minimize "liabilities" and don't iterate something that's obvious.

Sorry for the spam! But for locals (or anyone who wants to fly to SF :laugh:), we're meeting up at Yancy's on Irving St. between 8th and 9th Ave (<--Ave, not St) on April 4th at 8pm!

Hope you see you guys there! :D

I got my acceptance letter yesterday as well!!!! :D
I couldn't believe it at first....I was reading it over and over to make sure
Can't wait to meet everyone in the fall! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I was too excited to contain myself. Plus I wanted to compile the list of my fellow classmates so I know who you are. :D

Congrats kerokero!! I also interviewed on 2/13. Were you in the morning session by any chance?

No, I was in the afternoon session. My friend interviewed in the morning session on the same day. She got her acceptance on Monday, too. I don't think she posted it on here, yet.

I just found out about this forum through a friend of mine but wish that I had known about it earlier! It certainly offers a ton of useful advice. Anyways, I will also be joining all of you this fall as UCSF Pharmacy's Class of 2013!

For those of you accepting the offer at UCSF...

What's the deadline that they gave you to make your decision/send in the deposit?

Thanks!

For those of you accepting the offer at UCSF...

What's the deadline that they gave you to make your decision/send in the deposit?

Thanks!

To accept is before April 10.

To send deposit, I believe, is within 2 weeks of your online acceptance.

Looks like more waiting is in my future...Waitlisted #11. :(

I'm sorry to hear that CafeMed. But with your waitlist spot, you have a good chance to get in still (people have said last year the waitlist spots moved 11 or 12 spots?). Every year is different so you just have to hope for the best. Have you gotten into anywhere else yet?

This should make you feel better. My friend and I just turned down both of our spots at UCSF for UCSD. Good luck!

I also want to add that I know one other person turning down UCSF to go to USC.

Last edited:
This should make you feel better. My friend and I just turned down both of our spots at UCSF for UCSD. Good luck!

What made you choose UCSD over UCSF if you don't mind me asking? Always curious to hear people's reasons. :)

I'm sorry to hear that CafeMed. But with your waitlist spot, you have a good chance to get in still (people have said last year the waitlist spots moved 11 or 12 spots?). Every year is different so you just have to hope for the best. Have you gotten into anywhere else yet?

Thanks for the encouragement and congrats on your acceptance! Nope, unfortunately, I didn't get into the other pharmacy schools I applied to.

For the statement of legal residence, if we are not financially independent but are supported by parents who are California residents, we just need to fill out one form right?
Or do we have to fill out the student affidavit and parent affidavit forms? I'm confused :confused: