UCSF interview??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Still no mail today. I suppose my anxiety is infinitely exemplified by the fact that someone already started a facebook group for the class of 2013. I wish people would have waited until all of us got our letters, at least it wouldn't be so agonizing.

I think there are currently more P1s and P2s in that group than there are newly accepted students too....so don't worry! :) I think only a couple people have heard back so far. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you guys!

Members don't see this ad.

I counted ~7 acceptances and 3 rejections so far on this thread, just for the record

Since you're keeping track, thought I'd let you know I was accepted. I was on out of town last week so I didn't open up my letter until Sunday 3/15. Letter is dated 3/3 and postmarked 3/4.

Members don't see this ad :)
To add to xo sotypical's message above-

I was also accepted first week of March :)

Good luck to those of you waiting for the magical envelopes!

I counted ~7 acceptances and 3 rejections so far on this thread, just for the record
there's actually 13 posted- 1/30(5), 2/7(4), 2/12(2), 2/13(0), 2/19(1), 2/20(1). If that someone who gave a ratio of posters vs real people is right, they have offerred ~100 positions. He may be wrong. And Ucsf probably offers more than 122 seats, does anybody know how many over?

there's actually 13 posted- 1/30(5), 2/7(4), 2/12(2), 2/13(0), 2/19(1), 2/20(1). If that someone who gave a ratio of posters vs real people is right, they have offerred ~100 positions. He may be wrong. And Ucsf probably offers more than 122 seats, does anybody know how many over?

Haha. I don't know why I find this extra effort to compile data completely awesome. :thumbup: It gives a rough map of what has happened so far.

I really hope that this isn't true. But I honestly don't think they have offered this many positions.

Haha. I don't know why I find this extra effort to compile data completely awesome. :thumbup: It gives a rough map of what has happened so far.
I will take awesome anytime.
Tally doesn't even include sunshinepharmer- maybe he is the first one from Friday the 13th?

I don't think they offered ~ 100 positions. I also noticed most people accepted so far have interviewed on ealier dates. Nevertheless, I'm still going to wait for my letter and see what happens. I have a Michigan interview next friday, so that's somewhat taking my mind off.

For those still waiting, just wanted to let you guys know that a friend of mine just received her acceptance today. She's also located in San Francisco. So don't give up hope. They are still mailing out acceptances! Good luck!

For those still waiting, just wanted to let you guys know that a friend of mine just received her acceptance today. She's also located in San Francisco. So don't give up hope. They are still mailing out acceptances! Good luck!

Thank you, if I recieve an acceptance, I'll share an interesting story how I coped with waiting.

Ahhh...I can't focus on school today. I am having my mom go home on her lunch break to check the mail!

this is great! i wanted to mention that i know a couple of people at my school who were already rejected. i don't know if it's the same people that were already mentioned here, so i'd rather not skew the ratio. i would like to say though, i don't think that 100 positions have already been filled. it seems way too much way too fast. i still know WAY more people who are waiting for their letters than those who received one. Good luck to y'alls.

Members don't see this ad :)

I see that you have chosen UCSF due to your sig. Congrats! How did you come about that decision over USC and UCSD? I hope to eventually join you as I am still waiting for my letter...

damn...no letter today. when does "no new= good news" stop/?

extra07extra, do you know when your friend interviewed and when the letter was dated/postmarked?

extra07extra, do you know when your friend interviewed and when the letter was dated/postmarked?

I know she interviewed on the morning of 2/12 and that her letter came today in the mail. I'll try to reach her again for the letter date and postmark.

SF is killing me. i have such a bad case of mailbox paranoia yet i know down to the minute when my mailman arrives.

LOL. I think I told forumites earlier that acceptances came out earlier than April 1, but now I guess I have to bring up that ucsf will send them out up until April 1. Don't sweat too much. It's only a few weeks left.

I will take awesome anytime.
Tally doesn't even include sunshinepharmer- maybe he is the first one from Friday the 13th?

I was one of the fortunate people to interview on Friday the 13th. :eek: I'm trying not to be superstitious though.

extra07extra, thanks for the update on your friend's acceptance. Hopefully, we will get good news soon and join you guys in celebrating!! :)

I was one of the fortunate people to interview on Friday the 13th. :eek: I'm trying not to be superstitious though.

extra07extra, thanks for the update on your friend's acceptance. Hopefully, we will get good news soon and join you guys in celebrating!! :)

No problem. I know how you guys feel. I was in your spot not too long ago. Good luck!

lol i guess it stops on April 1st. This is really strange last couple years they sent out acceptance/rejection each week. This year either people don't post or they don't send out anything after first wave of acceptance/rejection back way in the beginning of March.

lol i guess it stops on April 1st. This is really strange last couple years they sent out acceptance/rejection each week. This year either people don't post or they don't send out anything after first wave of acceptance/rejection back way in the beginning of March.

Matt48 have you submitted your deposit to U of Maryland yet? I'm hoping we hear back from UCSF before next week...the deadline is closely approaching...eek!

Matt48 have you submitted your deposit to U of Maryland yet? I'm hoping we hear back from UCSF before next week...the deadline is closely approaching...eek!

No I have not. I talked to a lot of my friends and my professors about Maryland vs UOP and they all gave me mixed answers... I'll decide between the 2 in a couple days. This is such a dilemma.

I see that you have chosen UCSF due to your sig. Congrats! How did you come about that decision over USC and UCSD? I hope to eventually join you as I am still waiting for my letter...

Haha. It's a fairly long answer, PM me if you want it. It wasn't easy, but mulling it over was agony. :p

Haha. It's a fairly long answer, PM me if you want it. It wasn't easy, but mulling it over was agony. :p

I'll trade for your agony any day over uncertainty / pm me if you want to trade

jk :laugh:

Would u mind sharing? It spurs my curiosity :D.

Sure, PM me. This goes to all else who wants in. Haha. I'm not really trying to be so secretive to make it even more enticing, but it's really long. :p

I'll trade for your agony any day over uncertainty / pm me if you want to trade

Haha. I don't know, I never really stressed over application cycles and I know what it's like to be waitlisted everywhere. I just wait until it happens since no matter how much you kick and whine, it's out of your hands. I'd trade my spots if I could. :p It'd be nice to have some control over this process. :D.

No Letter again today, and to be honest, I am pretty low:( .
I am sure many of us all just feel like "why do we have to wait so long!"

If I do not get in I will most likely moving all the way to Nebraska to attend Creighton University. I mean, I loved to school but have a huge fear of moving out there alone (I live with my parents, born and raised in SF)

SORRY, I just needed to vent,

SORRY, I just needed to vent,

Vent away! I'm sure a lot of us are feeling the same way. Personally, I didn't apply to any other school so this is the only choice for me. No backup plan right now either :scared:

Alcohol is a good Rx for anti-anxiety :thumbup:

Vent away! I'm sure a lot of us are feeling the same way. Personally, I didn't apply to any other school so this is the only choice for me. No backup plan right now either :scared:

Alcohol is a good Rx for anti-anxiety :thumbup:

Are you prescribing alcohol? If so...I will go ahead and drink away. lol:laugh:

Are you prescribing alcohol? If so...I will go ahead and drink away. lol:laugh:

Well, I didn't get the letter again this week either. I'm hopeful, but in the back of my mind I am getting ready to move to Oregon or Michigan depending on how my interview goes on Friday. I even have been saving all my spare money for the move. Kinda bummed, I turned down Maryland interview, since I was so confident.
Nevertheless, while I'm a lot less optimistic, I'm confident whatever happens I'll have an extraordinary future. I already even have a few things on my mind I'd like to initiate and establish once I start school in the Fall, whatever school that happens to be.

Side note: I got an amazing bottle of Savignon blanc at Joe's and have been cooking myself a phenomenal mouthwatering dinner every night. Delicious dinner, paired with a glass of nice wine and Colbert report have been alleviating anxiety quite nicely.

sigh mail's running late today. my guess is that since nobody else got a letter, itll be likely the same for me too. its gotten to the pt where i dont go into work until after the mail arrives.

sigh mail's running late today. my guess is that since nobody else got a letter, itll be likely the same for me too. its gotten to the pt where i dont go into work until after the mail arrives.

lol...sorry for laughing. but I know how you feel. I often rush home from school right before work just to check the mail. And everyday I am disappointed! On Saturdays, I will stand by the window waiting for the mail truck...I am like a bored cat at the window:p

I told my mom to call me as soon as she sees a letter from ucsf :laugh:
And if she does, I'm ready to split from work at a moment's notice :laugh:

I told my mom to call me as soon as she sees a letter from ucsf :laugh:
And if she does, I'm ready to split from work at a moment's notice :laugh:
your logo :scared:? Isn't he the murderer who killed about 30 ppl at virginia tech uni in 2007 :scared:?

your logo :scared:? Isn't he the murderer who killed about 30 ppl at virginia tech uni in 2007 :scared:?

LOLOL :eek: no!

It's actually a poster from the movie "Swat" except I placed my face over Colin Farrel's :laugh:

But I guess if more people think like you, I should consider changing my profile picture :scared:

LOLOL :eek: no!

It's actually a poster from the movie "Swat" except I placed my face over Colin Farrel's :laugh:

But I guess if more people think like you, I should consider changing my profile picture :scared:
ohh so sorry! I was freaked out.
good luck

ohh so sorry! I was freaked out.
good luck

no problemo! I'd be freaked out too if I thought someone was using that as their profile picture :laugh:

on the brightside, its march madness so we can all distract ourselves with hours upon hours of college basketball. Unless youre unfortunate enough to be at work and cant watch during the day :help:

on the brightside, its march madness so we can all distract ourselves with hours upon hours of college basketball. Unless youre unfortunate enough to be at work and cant watch during the day :help:

I'd actually rather not watch my team (UCLA) because they nearly give me a heart attack each game!! :eek:

On the plus side, we should all know our status in about a week.

Well, I didn't get the letter again this week either. I'm hopeful, but in the back of my mind I am getting ready to move to Oregon or Michigan depending on how my interview goes on Friday. I even have been saving all my spare money for the move. Kinda bummed, I turned down Maryland interview, since I was so confident.
Nevertheless, while I'm a lot less optimistic, I'm confident whatever happens I'll have an extraordinary future. I already even have a few things on my mind I'd like to initiate and establish once I start school in the Fall, whatever school that happens to be.

Side note: I got an amazing bottle of Savignon blanc at Joe's and have been cooking myself a phenomenal mouthwatering dinner every night. Delicious dinner, paired with a glass of nice wine and Colbert report have been alleviating anxiety quite nicely.

Ohh yeaaaah, good food and good wine alleviates everything!!!!Well almost everything!!!

strange... no one seems to have received letters this week at all???

Nope.. I think a friend of sdn'r got accepted this week though.

Nope.. I think a friend of sdn'r got accepted this week though.

no mail again today. sigh.

this morning, i officially turned into one of those anxiously awaiting pre-pharm people who stalk their postal delivery person ... maybe i should try the other remedies for waiting already listed here like watching basketball or drinking wine, or both.

omg I got accepted! I was crying my eyesout along with my whole fam!!!

Interviewed 2/12
Letter Postmarked 3/19

Good luck to the rest of you!! :)

I guess I"ll be the first to post that I'm wait listed... I'm confused; I'm number 20... that means there should be at least 19 people out there waiting as well right? haha... let me know if anyone else got letter this past thurs/ fri and if anyone else is accepted/ rejected or wait listed... I am happy that I at least heard an answer.. but I hate that I'm still in limbo to possibly next May/ June :(

omg I got accepted! I was crying my eyesout along with my whole fam!!!

Interviewed 2/12
Letter Postmarked 3/19

Good luck to the rest of you!! :)

congrats. enjoy the moment. see you in the fall.

I guess I"ll be the first to post that I'm wait listed... I'm confused; I'm number 20... that means there should be at least 19 people out there waiting as well right? haha... let me know if anyone else got letter this past thurs/ fri and if anyone else is accepted/ rejected or wait listed... I am happy that I at least heard an answer.. but I hate that I'm still in limbo to possibly next May/ June :(

argh! you sure it doesn't say 02 NOT 20?? damn.