UCLA Thread... part 01

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm planning for a nice shirt and a tie.

(real reason for post - to the 1000th post in this thread!)

Is the pressure so high that you guys have started to talk about WHAT I AM GONNA WEAR!!!? How about stop being nervous in front of them? Or how to be just yourself considering all the hard work that you have gone through? :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

Is the pressure so high that you guys have started to talk about WHAT I AM GONNA WEAR!!!? How about stop being nervous in front of them? Or how to be just yourself considering all the hard work that you have gone through? :rolleyes:

no pressure just a lot of time before school starts.

Just be yourself? :laugh: We're talking about clothes to wear to a ceremony not a casual meet and greet.

yeah i am trying to get an idea what everybody else is wearing.

i don't want to be the only dude in a wifebeater and jeans - that's casual in my book.

Members don't see this ad :)

you got your worries and we got ours

i don't want to be the only dude in a wifebeater and jeans - that's casual in my book.

Wow, seriously laughed out loud a bit. Nice one.

For people moving in to weyburn on sept 1... are we gonna get an email with instructions or anything like that? Or is it just "we told you the appt number, now fend for yourselves?"

For people moving in to weyburn on sept 1... are we gonna get an email with instructions or anything like that? Or is it just "we told you the appt number, now fend for yourselves?"

i have been thinking about the same thing in these few days.....
I've never got the "email" they told me about when I called them (I called 3 times already)

and also.... how come the dental school financial aid office NEVER pick up the phone???:confused:

and also.... how come the dental school financial aid office NEVER pick up the phone???:confused:

...try emailing...Frank says it's better for him via email than phone. =)

DAT_STuDeNt -- StArT pAcKingggggg shesh. LOL. (24 hrs left + 12 hours of more postponement) ^_^

1000th posts QUOTE]

hehe...gosh, i love this thread. It makes us Bruins ShiNe!!! :D

...but then...beware...when school starts, we'll be turned into old brass and they will make us polish ourselves until we "tRuLy" shine aGaiN... yIkEs!!! :scared:

so...enjoy the last few days...of faMe and stress-free. ;)

DAT_STuDeNt -- StArT pAcKingggggg shesh. LOL. (24 hrs left + 12 hours of more postponement) ^_^

I've done a lot. Last night, I packed some files on my computer. :D COUNT DOWN = less than 48 hrs :clap: :clap: :love: UCLA :love:

when you guys move into weyburn, you just have to go to the office and tell them your name and show your id and they'll give you all your stuff. just so you know, its a pretty crappy and disorganized office. so get there early!

when you guys move into weyburn, you just have to go to the office and tell them your name and show your id and they'll give you all your stuff. just so you know, its a pretty crappy and disorganized office. so get there early!

just wondering.... I just looked at the payment due date, we need to pay that FIRST MONTH RENT $920 before 9/1 , right??

Members don't see this ad :)
just wondering.... I just looked at the payment due date, we need to pay that FIRST MONTH RENT $920 before 9/1 , right??

yeah, you have 10 days to pay first month's rent before you get a $25 late fee. which court are you in?

yes, that is his email address

gosh Dat_student...give me a chance to help others as well. shesh! ;) hehhe...(just posting just to increase post #'s in this thread) :D

and yes, that's the correct addie, and ALBA, i did give you an extra "topping" in the PM. *winkie wiNk* hehe

I paid the first month rent when I signed the Weyburn contract back in July.

I paid the first month rent when I signed the Weyburn contract back in July.

no, that was the deposit. you have to pay first month's rent once you move in as well. yeah i know, it sucks.

Yea, 10 day grace period...and then you get charged a late fee! Dun dun dun! They'll waive 1 late fee though. ;)

yeah, you have 10 days to pay first month's rent before you get a $25 late fee. which court are you in?

i kept calling the housing assignment, and they never told me. just asked me to wait for that "email" which never appear in my inbox :mad:

I guess i will just go into the office tomorrow and ask them to give me the dame key

any other way to find out my room#??:confused:

no, that was the deposit. you have to pay first month's rent once you move in as well. yeah i know, it sucks.

Nah, it says on mine that I don't have to pay another month's rent until 10/1.

I am 99.9 percent sure that the 920 we paid in june was for september. Kap, are you sure your payment wasn't for september? Or did you have to pay 920 for august and sept?

I am 99.9 percent sure that the 920 we paid in june was for september. Kap, are you sure your payment wasn't for september? Or did you have to pay 920 for august and sept?

That's what I thought as well..

I'm guessing that $920 is the security deposit that will go towards the last month's rent for June next year.
I'm at an airport in Asia bringing the 150+ teeth with me back to the States for our stupid collection project. Wish me luck, I dont really wanna explain to the customs once I land. But it's very likely, considering how we aren't even allowed to bring toothpaste with us onboard. Dammit, terrorists!!
Anyway, does anyone in Weyburn have extra formalin to lend me? I'll give you back once I buy some. =)

Btw, when will we move our conversations to the DENTAL forum. It's time to set ourselves apart from undergrad newbies. =P

I'm at an airport in Asia bringing the 150+ teeth with me back to the States for our stupid collection project. Wish me luck, I dont really wanna explain to the customs once I land. But it's very likely, considering how we aren't even allowed to bring toothpaste with us onboard. Dammit, terrorists!!

LOL...i thought teeth from Asia are mostly NOT "cavity-free" :laugh:

Anyway, does anyone in Weyburn have extra formalin to lend me? I'll give you back once I buy some. =)

Btw, when will we move our conversations to the DENTAL forum. It's time to set ourselves apart from undergrad newbies. =P

i have one bottle not used yet...cuz i've been lazy to attack other dental offices...but i'm sure you can find more from others. ^_^ Shipping is really quick i think. :)

Heh, undergrad newbies....hey, wait a minute! I've been on the pre-dental forums for years! Maybe that's my problem.

Done packing and loading finally! :) :love: UCLA :love:

Hey dat_student, I'm moving in to Weyburn today. Want to meet up?

does everyone have their teeth already??

ok, its official. that rent payment i made back in may was toward my last month's rent.

Hey dat_student, I'm moving in to Weyburn today. Want to meet up?

sure, you have my email address. send me an email message and let me know what time and where. :)

ok, its official. that rent payment i made back in may was toward my last month's rent.

I haven't made my Sept. 1st payment yet. They don't bill you for this through your URSA bills right? They don't send an email like they did for the deposit?

I :love: UCLA. So far I've met a lot of people & seen nice places :clap: where is everyone else? Anyone else wants to hang out? If you send me an email message I give you my cell phone #. ;) It's better to do it via email or phone. I don't want to post my phone number here. ;) Ok, going out again. :D

I haven't made my Sept. 1st payment yet. They don't bill you for this through your URSA bills right? They don't send an email like they did for the deposit?

I moved in on Sept 1st. I had to pay back in May or June. You should contact the housing office on Tuesday.

Putting all the crap aside, Los Angeles is a beautiful place and starting to grow on me. By the way, after 5 days of tearing up these so cal streets, I am finally baptised as a so cal driver! lol. peace out peoples and can't wait to meet ya'll when school starts! alright!! ;)

So what will happen to this thread once school starts? We will all finally meet so this thread might not have much purpose anymore. Too bad it will die a slow painful death.

Is there anyone out there who did NOT receive grants and/or scholarships other than me? :(

I saw Mrxle3 today. He is a very very very nice guy. In fact, all the people I've seen recently (classmates, upperclassmen, apt-mate, undergrads, etc) are fabulous.

Is there anyone out there who did NOT receive grants and/or scholarships other than me? :(

Were you not able to get everything worked out with Frank today?

Also what are people who are already at UCLA doing. I moved in on the 1st, but I am from around LA and familiar with it, so what are all y'all doing while you wait for school to start?

Let's party! Olive Court 73! I still need to buy some furniture, but that means there is more room for people.

I saw Mrxle3 today. He is a very very very nice guy. In fact, all the people I've seen recently (classmates, upperclassmen, apt-mate, undergrads, etc) are fabulous.

:) :thumbup:

Thanks for your nice comments. I have a quick question for anyone who has done the MPN. Did you select 9.28.2006-6.15.2006 as the lending period? Will we have money dispersed in time to pay our initial payments that we owe?

I havent met any dental students yet...

I'm in olive court too. Sad for me, already a loner.

hamed, where are you going out too, u party animal

Las Vegas, IMAX (3D, 45 mins), Downtown San Diego, San Diego Wild Animal Park, Santa Monica Blvd and Pier, Universal Studios, IKEA, starbucks, coffee bean, restaurants with classmates and old & new friends, etc

P.S. I came back home @3:05 am

I havent met any dental students yet...

I'm in olive court too. Sad for me, already a loner.

I'm in Olive too. I'd very much like to meet you. I'll send my cell phone number to your hotmail accnt. Call me sometime today and we'll schedule something.

BTW, if anyone needs help with anything (moving, assembling, etc) plz let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.