UCLA Thread... part 01

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great meeting all of you! Who's throwing the first party?

Members don't see this ad.

You all were awesome. I had a great time today. See you all tomorrow @7:45 am :)

P.S. Gone out with parents again. I'll check my email accnt and pm box later tonight.

Good to see all of you! Met quite a few people today, and now I can put some SDN names to faces!

Members don't see this ad :)
Great meeting all of you! Who's throwing the first party?

...mitosis...u're so funny...^_^ thanks for coming to talk w/ me. I was a little slow, and thought it was your "real" name when u introduced yourself. :laugh:

~ let's do that talent show. Hahaha...

the white coat ceremony was excellente! check you guys out tomorrow! ;)

VS

Does anyone know what we should bring with us tomorrow to the first day of orientation? For the first time this summer, I am going to bed at 11, so I hope someone answers this before then.

I am thinking we should bring ourselves, a pen/pencil, paper to write on, and... ?

good question, im thinking jus somethin to write with n somethin to write on. im also thinkin i might jus throw on some jeans or somethin tomorrow. anyone know if we gotta keep up the "nice casual" thing?

good question, im thinking jus somethin to write with n somethin to write on. im also thinkin i might jus throw on some jeans or somethin tomorrow. anyone know if we gotta keep up the "nice casual" thing?

...same here...(also...bring a bag :laugh: if they decided to give us a bunch of info packets! ;)

...pen, paper, mEEh mEeh, and a bag!

oOoh...and i think we can stay off the "nice casual" from now on. ^_^ i'm leaving w/o anything close to yesterday's wear. :p

Volcom Boy, you're not a Trojan-Bruin, you're a Brujan or a Troin :D

um... jus wanted anyone to know who cares to... i'm the bald guy in class. Fun meeting everyone.

Can I get a big "hell yeah" from all the A Group people?!

Members don't see this ad :)
um... jus wanted anyone to know who cares to... i'm the bald guy in class. Fun meeting everyone.

=) oOoh...so that's who you are. hehehe. ^_^ it was fun meeting you my cool friend who has the same first initial as me. ;)

:clap: :clap: YAYYYYYYYY!!!! MONEY MONEY MULAH's =)! check your account guys! Yay! perfect timing to pay for our kit (part I only...that is... =P) :clap:

:clap: :clap: YAYYYYYYYY!!!! MONEY MONEY MULAH's =)! check your account guys! Yay! perfect timing to pay for our kit (part I only...that is... =P) :clap:

I haven't received a cent :eek: They advised me to use credit cards.

For group A people,

Are you going to be wearing scrubs to our 1st day of school??

I was thinking about ef wearing scrubs the whole day, but then I remembered that we do have a locker room (we gotta throw our packs in there anyway) and I may just change clothes in there.

Additionally, I suggest everyone to start reading the the material in the textbook or go over the powerpoint before Monday, cause there is alot of stuff to cover and I'm sure we have forgotten alot of Anatomy 100.

...I suggest everyone to start reading the the material in the textbook or go over the powerpoint before Monday, cause there is alot of stuff to cover and I'm sure we have forgotten alot of Anatomy 100.

Do we have to know the study guide OR the study guide + everything else? I'm so glad pass is 65% :clap:

I just looked at the schedule of classes. I don't see any room numbers for "dental morphology" & "biochem." Does anyone know the room numbers? :confused:

I just looked at the schedule of classes. I don't see any room numbers for "dental morphology" & "biochem." Does anyone know the room numbers? :confused:

dental morph - rm. 13-041
biochem - rm. 13-041

-from the curriculum link off the main page

One question : I am just curious to know, is there anybody in the dental class of 2010 that applied to Weyburn and did not get in? Looks like they first make a big deal out of it, but they eventually accomodate everybody. What do you think? Just wanted to know for next year. What are the chances to get Weyburn again?

This is for those who are applying for the 07-08 academic cycle:

So far, this school has exceeded my expectations. All the professors are great. Dr. Clemente is one of our many great lab professors. This is so great. I have many of his books. Dr. Miller's power point files, study guides, lab exercises, notes help so much. The class has its own discussion board. This is great. Dr Bibb's lectures are wonderful. Her powerpoint files are fabulous. The files make "dental anatomy" easy to understand. I love Dr. Payne's lectures on cell and molecular bio. It's hard to fall asleep in his class. I love his lectures. Dental Waxing: I was so worried about this one. The 1st lab exercise was fabulous. My bench professor made everything so clear. He teaches some gr8 techniques. I can't wait to do another waxing. Dr. Caputo's dental materials course is fabulous. I learned so much about the mechanical properties of teeth. If current applicants have any questions about anything feel free to send me an email msg. I have plenty time to answer questions unless I receive 100+ questions a day. BTW, the gym is also gr8 (table tennis (ping-pong), badminton, squash, rock climbing etc etc). :clap: Plus, there are so many fun things to do around campus and in LA. Hope to see many of you @:love: UCLA.:love:

I totally agree with DAT_Student! I thought that the school is very supportive and the faculty really try hard to make the learning process easier for the students. One week down, nine more weeks to go before finals!!!!

By the way, DAT_Student is really awsome!:)

By the way, DAT_Student is really awsome!:)

Very kind of you to say that. You are a very friendly and likeable person. I'm so glad u r in C/O 2010. It's gr8 to see that UCLA professors and students want to help as much as possible. For example, the gross anatomy professor (Dr. Miller) spends so much time outside the class to give us so many helpful handouts, notes, study guides, etc etc. This is just unbelievable.

Very kind of you to say that. You are a very friendly and likeable person. I'm so glad u r in C/O 2010. It's gr8 to see that UCLA professors and students want to help as much as possible. For example, the gross anatomy professor (Dr. Miller) spends so much outside the class to give us so many helpful handouts, notes, study guides, etc etc. This is just unbelievable.

Agreed, Dr. Miller is gr8, as well as all you guys! see ya in class. l8r!

Status
Not open for further replies.