UB Applicants 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm thinking it's a confirmation email, too. I didn't see "accepted," "waitlisted," or "rejection." explicitly there. The considering the other schools as a highly qualified applicant vs. hope you will join the close-knit community at UB was perplexing. I would assume if it was waitlist the heading would be something like "waitlist offer"... hmm

Members don't see this ad.

Does this mean we are put to the waitlist?:scared:
Hey - that's not a rejection. They're still considering you. I do remember alenadoma didn't hear back as fast as the others so that may be an indication of the wait list - but not necessarily.

I'm getting nervous for my interview on friday. And I really hope I get put into the group where the tour is last so I can skip the tour.

I wonder if the other acceptees got confirmation emails this past week as well?

Members don't see this ad :)
i will still be fine if I can't get in. Taking a break isn't a bad thing for me now. Good luck to everyone. I think you guys are great!:love::love:

Maybe they haven't had time to fully evaluate all the interviews yet, but they did with the Jan. 22nd interviewers. I wouldn't get too upset or anxious or anything. Every little thing is gonna be alright. Bob Marley.

Last edited:
Hey - that's not a rejection. They're still considering you. I do remember alenadoma didn't hear back as fast as the others so that may be an indication of the wait list - but not necessarily.

I'm getting nervous for my interview on friday. And I really hope I get put into the group where the tour is last so I can skip the tour.

I don't know if it was intentional or not but I was placed in the group with the tour last so MAYBE they do that for all people that did their undergrad work at UB. Not really sure though unless some other UB ungrads have some input or if mine was just a coincidence.

Ah!! I only got the "thank you for applying" blah blah blah email
did anyone else hear??

Everyone gets this email and they will email you later today about the decision... just called UB!!!

Just got my acceptance 1 hour after receiving the confirmation email!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love:

Congratulations ygl!!!!! aaah i hope i hear soonnnn i got my confirmation email at 9am and haven't gotten a second email yet -- maybe it's alphabetical and i'm hoping your last name starts with an A
haha:xf::xf::xf:

Woohoo!!! Just got my acceptance email from Buffalo!!

Members don't see this ad :)

Last edited:
I'm with you. :p

I'm trying to do some expts so that I won't be tortured to death before I get another email from them.

Awesome. Now Im going to check my email every 45 seconds. There goes work for the day :scared:

waitlisted.

does anyone know if there was there any movement on the waitlist last year?

As far as I know, there was not. I could be wrong however :) You can call admissions and they will be more than glad to let you know.

Last edited:
waitlisted

I guess I can have a good rest for one year. :love:

As far as I know, there was not. I could be wrong however :) You can call admissions and they will be more than glad to let you know.

Yea, there wasn't any movement on the waitlist last year from what I know. Which is definitely a first for the program. Strange, but just goes to show, can't predict anything

Yea, there wasn't any movement on the waitlist last year from what I know. Which is definitely a first for the program. Strange, but just goes to show, can't predict anything

haha so there's still hope! what should i do to improve my app?

wow you guys just sent your apps via pharmcas yesterday and got a reply within a day? Is this correct? I got the confirmation but no reply. . . .

wow you guys just sent your apps via pharmcas yesterday and got a reply within a day? Is this correct? I got the confirmation but no reply. . . .
No...we sent in our pharmcas apps months ago... and just interviewed last Friday.

Everyone gets this email and they will email you later today about the decision... just called UB!!!

Just got my acceptance 1 hour after receiving the confirmation email!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love:

And this? ^^^^

hey guys,

I have my interview this friday and I'll be flying in from SoCal. Since I'm not planning on renting a car, what would you recommend I take to get to UB and back to the airport? Should I stick with taxis?

Interviewed this past Friday and got my acceptance on Monday!! Yea - they seem to send out an email before the acceptance email, I thought it was a rejection waiting to happen hahaha

Is anyone here who's been accepted definitely going to be a part of UB SoPPS 2014? I am :)

hey guys,

I have my interview this friday and I'll be flying in from SoCal. Since I'm not planning on renting a car, what would you recommend I take to get to UB and back to the airport? Should I stick with taxis?

metro bus #30 outside the place where you pick up your luggage will take you to University Station which is the UB south campus. After you get to South Campus, you can take the school bus to North campus. Taxi could save you some time and avoid being late. But you can take the bus if you arrive in buffalo early enough!

I am for sure...Will be most likely looking for a roomate too

Same... I'm going to try to get either a single/studio type apartment as first choice from their on-campus apartments, though first. If they're even available, ha. They have shuttles from certain complexes which is really nice.

Well, I'm a little late to this party, but I got in as well! Now that I feel some relief, I can finally comment.

I interviewed 1/22 and really liked the school. "Pleasant" is really the best word to describe the people and the experience. And the area is not as bad as the rep it gets. Good luck to anyone else with upcoming interviews. Try to be confident, relaxed, and friendly and you'll make a good impression.

Will7678 - I thought I was the oldest one there that day. I'm 29.

jmcfa02 - I was in group B with you. Making the trip to California this weekend.

And the area is not as bad as the rep it gets.
North campus (where everyone interviews) is in Amherst and has a good reputation of having a low crime rate and being in a few areas. There were a couple instances over the last few years but that was more because people are *******s and not indicative of the area.
The problem is more on south campus, which has a worse reputation and more crime than north campus. I personally haven't had a problem but there are more campus police notices. There are classes there and the school will be moving there but it's not that bad unless you're out late at night alone. As long as you use common sense you should be fine.

does anyone mind sharing how long between sending the application and hearing anything back for an interview/acceptance/rejection? Its been a week and while I know that isn't much time, I'm seeing that some people got answers within a few days about an interview at least.

does anyone mind sharing how long between sending the application and hearing anything back for an interview/acceptance/rejection? Its been a week and while I know that isn't much time, I'm seeing that some people got answers within a few days about an interview at least.
I sent my application in late october.
waitlisted November 10
interview offer December 14

I submitted pharmcas 9/17
Got an email saying they received it 10/5
got interview invite 10/28
interviewed 1/22
accepted 1/25

I submitted pharmcas 10/29. I submitted the supplemental application in early December. It only took a week before I got an interview invite. Interviewed 1/22 and accepted 1/25.

thanks for the time frame guy! looks like it could be a week to 3 weeks lol . .. ugh i hate the waiting game!

interviewed at Buffalo on Friday 1/29 and was accepted that coming Monday

Well I got put into group C and got to tour UB :laugh:
The tour guide said I could disappear until the end of that aort but there really wasn't anything else for me to do so what the hell I went on the tour of UB.
It's kind of weird going on a tour of a school you already go to. I felt I could have given the tour. But it's ok - I added in a supplementary fact. When they were showing the students starbucks, I was like "OOOHHH A BUS RAN INTO STARBUCKS A COUPLE YEARS AGO!!!" :laugh::laugh::laugh: Hooray for the UB Stampede

Well I got put into group C and got to tour UB :laugh:
The tour guide said I could disappear until the end of that aort but there really wasn't anything else for me to do so what the hell I went on the tour of UB.
It's kind of weird going on a tour of a school you already go to. I felt I could have given the tour. But it's ok - I added in a supplementary fact. When they were showing the students starbucks, I was like "OOOHHH A BUS RAN INTO STARBUCKS A COUPLE YEARS AGO!!!" :laugh::laugh::laugh: Hooray for the UB Stampede

That was one of the funnier things I've ever seen. Cops yelling at a bus driver after he forgets to put the brake on is just priceless...

That was one of the funnier things I've ever seen. Cops yelling at a bus driver after he forgets to put the brake on is just priceless...
Not the mention the photoshop contest on facebook :laugh:

The tour guides were not at UB when this happened. So I added to the tour (though I think all that I accomplished was to convince everyone on the tour that I was crazy)

A question about money:

UB considers us undergraduate for P1. Does this mean that we would not qualify for gradPLUS loans during this year? If so, would we be able to receive enough stafford loans to cover the cost of study?

And one more question for my fellow accepted UB'ers. For the CBC, it asks for all addresses lived at over the past 7 years. As I have moved many times throughout college, are we expected to enter all of these addresses? I vaguely recall them mentioning this at the interview, but now cannot recall.

And one more question for my fellow accepted UB'ers. For the CBC, it asks for all addresses lived at over the past 7 years. As I have moved many times throughout college, are we expected to enter all of these addresses? I vaguely recall them mentioning this at the interview, but now cannot recall.
I completed my CBC last week. I too lived in about 6 different places over the course of the past 7 years. However, I only listed my original home address where I grew up, my CBC was completed and the results were sent back to me the following day with no problems...

Yeah, don't worry about any temporary addresses for the CBC. Just permanent home addresses.

did you guys get some kind of confirmation after it was approved? I started mine Friday night...

Anyone get the email about the housing deposit? Anyone know if its a good idea to live on campus at Buffalo as a grad student?

On my tour it seemed like the campus was pretty self-sustaining - and there didnt seem to be much options for nicer off campus housing from my short visit. I do know its about 50% cheaper to live off campus though.

Anyone get the email about the housing deposit? Anyone know if its a good idea to live on campus at Buffalo as a grad student?

On my tour it seemed like the campus was pretty self-sustaining - and there didnt seem to be much options for nicer off campus housing from my short visit. I do know its about 50% cheaper to live off campus though.

I'm going to try to get an apartment (Villas). I hope there are resources for finding roommates, preferably in PharmD. Hopefully later in the year when more people are accepted. Splitting the cost would be nice