UB Applicants 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any word on the waitlist?

Members don't see this ad.

I would wait until fall grades come out before asking again. That will happen soon. Some people may have not fulfilled the pre-reqs and maybe there will be some movement.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys!

I got an acceptance email yesterday after being on the waitlist. I'll be giving up my spot so don't lose hope! Good luck everyone!

hey guys!

I got an acceptance email yesterday after being on the waitlist. I'll be giving up my spot so don't lose hope! Good luck everyone!
Hi love4music, it's a surprise to get accepted off the waitlist. It's be a dream come true for me. Are you going somewhere else? When did you get waitlisted? I was waitlisted after the last interview, but I don't think there are many chances for me since everybody is so great!

Hi love4music, it's a surprise to get accepted off the waitlist. It's be a dream come true for me. Are you going somewhere else? When did you get waitlisted? I was waitlisted after the last interview, but I don't think there are many chances for me since everybody is so great!

Why would it be a dream come true? What's so good about UB compared to other pharm schools?

Why would it be a dream come true? What's so good about UB compared to other pharm schools?

Maybe it's their top choice? They said "for me" so what more is there to speculate than that?

Maybe it's their top choice? They said "for me" so what more is there to speculate than that?
Yep, it's my first choice. I like it cos UB has good reputation and reasonable tuition. Would you choose LECOM over UB? That's just my personal preference. But sadly, when I want sth real bad, I just can't get it!

Hi miha163,

Yeah I was pretty surprised too. I got the waitlist email on 2/9 and had my interview on 2/5. I want to stay closer to home so I decided to stay on the west coast, but I'm still debating between University of Washington or Western University.

Hi miha163,

Yeah I was pretty surprised too. I got the waitlist email on 2/9 and had my interview on 2/5. I want to stay closer to home so I decided to stay on the west coast, but I'm still debating between University of Washington or Western University.
Thanks love4music for your response. I wish you the best wherever you go. I just have one more favor to ask, would you mind sharing your stats? Because you're the first to be called off the waitlist, I just wanna have an idea of where I am on the waitlist by comparing your stats and mine to decide whether I should just give up hope. Thank you very much.!

Anyone else on the waiting list get a phone interview offer? A couple months ago I woulda been stoked, but for some reason I'm like blah now.

Anyone else on the waiting list get a phone interview offer? A couple months ago I woulda been stoked, but for some reason I'm like blah now.
Never heard of UB doing phone interviews.
Did you already have an interview? If yes, why do you need an additional phone interview :confused::confused: If no, then I would guess this is a good thing and that they want to get to know you better.

Never heard of UB doing phone interviews.
Did you already have an interview? If yes, why do you need an additional phone interview :confused::confused: If no, then I would guess this is a good thing and that they want to get to know you better.

Nope, never had an interview with them. Maybe it's because its nearing matriculation that they offered me a phone interview? I'm starting to think it's going to really matter what school you graduate from for jobs so maybe it's good if I try for UB.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nope, never had an interview with them. Maybe it's because its nearing matriculation that they offered me a phone interview? I'm starting to think it's going to really matter what school you graduate from for jobs so maybe it's good if I try for UB.
Doesn't hurt to at least do the phone interview. Are you accepted anywhere else?

Anyone got some news from the Admissions Committee? Why the UB waitlist moves so slow compared to other schools.

Anyone got some news from the Admissions Committee? Why the UB waitlist moves so slow compared to other schools.

Easy enough to answer. People actually want to to to UB so when they get accepted, they're less likely to decline, and therefore less people get taken off the waitlist, and therefore it moves slow.

It's close to July. Is there still a chance to get off the waitlist? Anyone got info. from UB recently? I feel like I am losing hope. I got waitlisted after an interview in Jan. 29

I got accepted a few days ago off the wait list so theres still hope

No hope for me.
I just received a rejection email. Good luck to anyone who is still on the wait list.

Is there any news from the waiting list?

I just updated my grades to them; hope they will consider me more…should have done this months before…
So disappointed after got rejected from U f T and UBC in Canada, why can’t there be an English pharmacy school in my province…:mad:

Hoping UB can take me from the waiting list, otherwise I have to pay so much to go to Albany! :confused:

From what i hear around school ( I attended UB), and from my own experience of getting accepted off the wait list last week, theres seems to be more movement this year. I know 3 other people that have got in off the wait list in the past month. I remember someone saying that there was practically no movement off the list the previous year so so i think theres a better shot this year.

I got accepted off the waitlist in May. Now I'm on the waitlist for housing, :laugh:. I'm waiting for a reply from housing in mid-August, so I can decide whether I should sign the lease for University Village at Sweethome.

Most of those Sweet home apartments are pretty nice...expensive, but everything is around campus. At UB since you're considered undergrad your P1 year, you don't qualify for graduate housing. But P2-P4 you can live in the nice graduate townhouses on campus. I bet theres a waiting list for those too haha

Most of those Sweet home apartments are pretty nice...expensive, but everything is around campus. At UB since you're considered undergrad your P1 year, you don't qualify for graduate housing. But P2-P4 you can live in the nice graduate townhouses on campus. I bet theres a waiting list for those too haha

Congratulations on your admission porsche6714. The information you've posted on housing is not the case since many accepted students have already completed undergraduate degree programs. Accepted students should contact the Office of Admissions and Advisement for any questions/clarification. Thanks!

Very True, I hadn't thought of that. Thanks for the clarification!