Tulane vs. Maryland

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

helloitsme

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Never posted here before, but found the school specific threads very helpful in this application season. I am incredibly lucky to have had a successful app season and acceptances so far to University of Maryland and Tulane. I have my own lists of pros and cons of each but truly loved both programs (both very different) on the interview day. At this point I think I'm leaning toward Maryland but I find myself going back and forth every day. I was wondering some people's opinions on which school they think is a better pick? I am out of state for both and I am hoping to get opinions of the schools themselves, pretending finances are not a concern so I can just know more about each.

Thanks so much, and thanks for the help that I got as a lurker all season :) Best of luck to everyone and congrats to my fellow 2015ers!

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations on your acceptances. I have a friend who had the same decision and put Maryland above Tulane. He/she is from DC though. I'm pretty sure Maryland is cheaper even if you are out of state, so even though you don't want to hear about that, it is something to consider. Especially if you are already leaning towards Maryland anyway. My friend is very excited about their curriculum in particular. In the end, nobody on these boards should really be able to sway you either way. Good luck with your decision.

bump-- just hoping for some more opinions (thanks Mop- sounds like your friend and I have a similar situation). And definitely not basing my decision completely on this thread, as you said- just hoping to see what opinions are out there on the schools! I'm excited about both.

Thanks so much guys. Won't bump again I promise :)

I know nothing about Tulane but I am familiar with Maryland and it is a very good program. The admissions/student affairs offices are great and the hospital is fantastic. If being out of state is a concern, I know for a fact that many students who begin as OOSers become eligible for IS tuition after their first years.

Status
Not open for further replies.