Touro COM - New York (TouroCOM-NY) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i'm confused how and where to submit the pdf secondary essay. is there an email address i've to send it to? or i've attach it in the online account i created for application? if I tried to attach the pdf in the supplemental question area in the application, it says pdf file is too large. any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

i'm confused how and where to submit the pdf secondary essay. is there an email address i've to send it to? or i've attach it in the online account i created for application? if I tried to attach the pdf in the supplemental question area in the application, it says pdf file is too large. any suggestions?

There is an email listed in the email you received that contained the essay part of the secondary (tertiary? Lolol).

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Do you have to retype the Health Sciences and Professional tab where there is space for awards/experiences? i mean i already included it aamcomas app and attached resume...thx!

Do you have to retype the Health Sciences and Professional tab where there is space for awards/experiences? i mean i already included it aamcomas app and attached resume...thx!
Yea just do it anyway lol.

Has anybody received a complete e-mail yet?

Edit: Just received the e-mail stating that my supplemental has been received.

Last edited:
Has anybody received a complete e-mail yet?

Edit: Just received the e-mail stating that my supplemental has been received.

Just received the complete email also. Do you have any idea how many secondaries lead to ii's at this school? I know they are known to heavily pre-screen..

Just received the complete email also. Do you have any idea how many secondaries lead to ii's at this school? I know they are known to heavily pre-screen..
I received the receipt/acknowledgement email as well, but I think I received it much too quickly for it to be considered a 'complete' email. I don't think I received anything more than this from Touro Nevada though.

I received the receipt/acknowledgement email as well, but I think I received it much too quickly for it to be considered a 'complete' email. I don't think I received anything more than this from Touro Nevada though.

Think they send both. One quick one, then the complete email which I've just got. I submitted all the app materials about 2.5 weeks ago though...so it must have taken them a while to process it all.

Think they send both. One quick one, then the complete email which I've just got. I submitted all the app materials about 2.5 weeks ago though...so it must have taken them a while to process it all.
Gotcha. I'll keep an eye out then. Did you get a complete email from Touro Nevada?

Members don't see this ad :)
off topic, but.. what's your top choice at the moment?
Hmmm. Right now, I'd have to say that MU-COM is over everyone else. Now, If DMU or PCOM comes calling (not holding out), I'd have to think some. If I got an II at TouroCOM, and really had a good visit to the school, I could very easily be persuaded. I like their location, mission, and the academic/clinical years seem pretty strong.
You?

Hmmm. Right now, I'd have to say that MU-COM is over everyone else. Now, If DMU or PCOM comes calling (not holding out), I'd have to think some. If I got an II at TouroCOM, and really had a good visit to the school, I could very easily be persuaded. I like their location, mission, and the academic/clinical years seem pretty strong.
You?

I'd like to stay in California, so Western or Touro CA are high on my list. After that, I'd probably have to say Midwestern AZ or Nova. Like you though, I could be persuaded by a good visit at Touro NY...

Received my secondary received email at noon sharp.

Received my secondary received email at noon sharp.
Same here. I submitted my secondary only an hour or so after they sent it to us (had most prewritten), so I hope i hear back very soon with regards to II's!!

Same here. I submitted my secondary only an hour or so after they sent it to us (had most prewritten), so I hope i hear back very soon with regards to II's!!
You beat me to it :D I submitted it the same night but few hours after.

That $200 hurt... submitted my secondary earlier today. I really hope that they are pre-screening as heavily as they have in the past!!

That $200 hurt... submitted my secondary earlier today. I really hope that they are pre-screening as heavily as they have in the past!!
I honestly doubt they are, unfortunately. There hasn't been a single person on here who's posted they haven't gotten one.

I honestly doubt they are, unfortunately. There hasn't been a single person on here who's posted they haven't gotten one.

That could also be a result of people who havent gotten one not posting.

Reactions: 4 users
I haven't gotten one. I was also screened out from Touro NV due to sGPA < 3.0.

Sitting on this secondary because of cost. When will I be considered late?

Touro has a really jenky secondary system. Makes me wonder how well the school itself is organized.

Does anyone have a list of Touro NY's hospital affiliations or what hospitals student normally do their core rotations at?

Hey guys, I'm a first year student at Touro-Middletown. If anyone has any questions, feel free to pm me

Hey guys, I'm a first year student at Touro-Middletown. If anyone has any questions, feel free to pm me

If you can,

Tell me about the location of Middletown.

Is it necessary go live in those dorms? If so, how are they?

Is the school a "satellite campus" of Touro-NY, or does it have its own accreditation ?

How are the facilities?

Is the emphasis on primary care an obstacle for students who want to specialize?

Thank you.

Is this on the online application? Because I just received my secondary and I don't see it online or on the pdf.......

If you can,

Tell me about the location of Middletown.

Is it necessary go live in those dorms? If so, how are they?

Is the school a "satellite campus" of Touro-NY, or does it have its own accreditation ?

How are the facilities?

Is the emphasis on primary care an obstacle for students who want to specialize?

Thank you.

Middletown has so far been a great place. They really enjoy having the medical school in the area and it has actually been strange how much the community embraced the school. Overall, it's a regular rural town. It has everything you need, fast food places, Target, Walmart, etc.

I don't actually live in the dorms, but off campus. People that do live in the dorms seem to like having the opportunity to just take the elevator down to classes. I personally like living close to campus, just so I can take a break from the school after I'm done for the day.

The school is considered a satellite campus, but I know it has accreditation. I could be wrong, but I believe satellite campus's still need to get accreditation, but the process is less rigorous if they can show they're following the same curriculum and stuff with the first school.

Facilities are ok, There were more problems when we first came to the school, like no outlets in the exam room even though we have to bring our own laptops for the exams, but they fixed that. I think it's in the lesser end of facilities compared to other medical schools, but it still has everything that is necessary.

In terms of emphasis on primary care, it is an osteopathic school, so I believe emphasizing primary care is their main goal. But specializing and stuff can be thought about after the first two years, which happen in the hospital.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: 2 users
Thanks! Also there is an essay guys, it is in the supplemental materials packet that they emailed. Just wanted to give you guys a heads up incase you happened to miss it!

Did you ever figure out what was wrong? I am having the same issues. I emailed them but they just reiterated the instructions...wasn't helpful at all.

Wrong with what?

Sorry, I was writing the message from my phone. Mistakenly quoted your post instead of the one below. I am having the same issue as Prady89.

Hey,
I am having issues with online application.
I only see 6 tabs/section under application for admissions: Legal terms, personal info, contact info, academic plan, emergency contact and waiver.
I am missing Secondary/HS academic record section and Health Sciences & professional section.
When I try to review my application in pdf , I see missing sections there and they are not completed. Does that mean we do not have to fill those sections or there is a problem with online application?

Sorry, I was writing the message from my phone. Mistakenly quoted your post instead of the one below. I am having the same issue as Prady89.

I am also having the same problem.....

Hello all - Getting stressed.... 3.23s/3.22 overall and 27 MCAT - so not great, but was from a really hard school, honest :)!). I have not received an II - do you think I still have a chance here?

Hello all - Getting stressed.... 3.23s/3.22 overall and 27 MCAT - so not great, but was from a really hard school, honest :)!). I have not received an II - do you think I still have a chance here?

No one has rcvd an ii here yet

Reactions: 1 users
I mean...if we're getting ii's in October early November we should have an interview set by December or January...acceptance should follow not long after that I'd think?

Interviews are usually 2-3 weeks after the invite. Last year I got invited for an interview Jan 8, for dates 1/27, 1/29, 2/3, 2/6. Interviewed on 2/3 and got my decision on 2/6. 3.5gpa 31mcat

i am having this problem too. help, anyone?

SAME! UGH! What is this voodoo magic of an application? Do we just skip all this experience/award stuff? HELP! Those who already submitted what did you guys do?

SAME! UGH! What is this voodoo magic of an application? Do we just skip all this experience/award stuff? HELP! Those who already submitted what did you guys do?
I think if you start filling out campus stuff then possibly other tabs might show up, but not entirely sure