Touro COM - New York (TouroCOM-NY) Discussion Thread 2013 - 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi guys, I received a letter of acceptance to Middletown today after getting waitlisted when I interviewed on 2/26. During my interview, I put Harlem as my first choice and Middletown as second. Since the interview, I've been accepted to another school which I prefer over Middletown. However, I would highly consider going to Harlem if I can switch from Middletown to Harlem.

So my question is - has anyone been successful with switching from one campus to another? Thanks in advance!

Congrats on your acceptance!!! Did you send in any letter of interest after being waitlisted?
Thank you! I interviewed on May 7th and finished up 18 credits for the spring with a 4.0 so I made sure to send that in for an update around mid may. I didn't get waitlisted until 5/28 so my grades were in before i received that decision.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys, I received a letter of acceptance to Middletown today after getting waitlisted when I interviewed on 2/26. During my interview, I put Harlem as my first choice and Middletown as second. Since the interview, I've been accepted to another school which I prefer over Middletown. However, I would highly consider going to Harlem if I can switch from Middletown to Harlem.

So my question is - has anyone been successful with switching from one campus to another? Thanks in advance!
I was wondering the same thing and spoke with Dr Ruiz yesterday and said they do not do campus petitions after May 1 unless it is a dire circumstance.

After a long wait Accepted to Harlem off the wait-list.

MCAT-31

GPA-3.43

non-traditional applicant.

:)

Due to the fact that Middletown is a new medical school is the MCAT for matriculants a 31 as is in the Harlem medical school?

Does anyone know if classes are mandatory or if they also do podcasts for the lectures? Thanks!

OMG finally the wait is over.....accepted to Middletown!

Reactions: 1 user
Due to the fact that Middletown is a new medical school is the MCAT for matriculants a 31 as is in the Harlem medical school?
I doubt it. If they combine harlem and middletown matriculants, I would find it difficult that the average will be a 31. The harlem average will probably be in that range but middletown more than likely will not be that high. But I could be wrong.

Just got accepted to middle town can anyone tell me about what the curriculum is like?

Just got accepted to middle town can anyone tell me about what the curriculum is like?

You applied and interviewed at a school and you have no idea how the curriculum is conducted? o_O

Just read the CIB of TouroCOM NY, at first it said the international students (non-US citizen or permenant resident, like me, from China) will be considered with I20 issued. But on the next page, subtitled"First Year Class Matriculants' Selection Factor", it said "Applicants must be U.S. citizens or hold a permanent resident visa." What the hell is that?

I remembered during interview they mentioned about the Canadian students. Do they also need a I20 to study there? Or the Canadians have a different process to enroll from the ones of other countries?

Members don't see this ad :)
You applied and interviewed at a school and you have no idea how the curriculum is conducted? o_O

Well I have an idea I was just wondering if someone could elaborate more on the "high tech class rooms" and give some more insight on the curriculum from a student perspective o_O

Well I have an idea I was just wondering if someone could elaborate more on the "high tech class rooms" and give some more insight on the curriculum from a student perspective o_O

Hi there and congrats on your acceptance!

All of our lectures are recorded and accessible through iTunes U. We come in for discussion and problem based learning as well as labs. The curriculum is structured so we spend more time studying. Trust me you will need it :bang:

Hope this answers your question.

Does anyone know if classes are mandatory or if they also do podcasts for the lectures? Thanks!

ITunes lectures are done independently during the week, then you have to be ready to be pimped on the content every Tuesday.

Is commuting to middletown from NYC do-able? I have read previous threads that says it is but cannot figure out what route needs to be taken via bus or train. I looked at the port authority and it showed that the first one leaves around 8 am and doesn't get in until around 10:30 am so this would not work in terms of getting to middletown on time for class. I am not from new york, FYI.

Hi there and congrats on your acceptance!

All of our lectures are recorded and accessible through iTunes U. We come in for discussion and problem based learning as well as labs. The curriculum is structured so we spend more time studying. Trust me you will need it :bang:

Hope this answers your question.

This was exactly the kind of explanation I was looking for. Thank you for the info!

Is commuting to middletown from NYC do-able? I have read previous threads that says it is but cannot figure out what route needs to be taken via bus or train. I looked at the port authority and it showed that the first one leaves around 8 am and doesn't get in until around 10:30 am so this would not work in terms of getting to middletown on time for class. I am not from new york, FYI.

Unless you are studying in Middletown and staying in Middletown and just want to have a night out in NYC for fun, then yes. But if you are commuting for class purposes then I suggest living approximately 15-20 minutes away. This is a heavily populated area so traffic will be an issue for commuters. Most students either live in Harlem or some part of Manhattan, and very few commute from neighboring cities. Being that the curriculum will consume most of your time, you want to keep your commute down and keep things simple.

Goodluck!

If you were presumably attending Touro in Middletown what would be the easiest route from the city and how long does that take?

Middletowns stats are much lower, they are filling the seats with lower stats applicants. Harlems will stay 30+, Middletown is closer to 25-26 I bet.

Anyone who submitted the deposit had received the following instructions of registration?

Anyone still looking for a roommate by the Harlem campus? because I am.

Just withdrew from Harlem campus - good luck all!

I have a few questions for current Middletown students, please message me!!!