Touro COM - New York (TouroCOM-NY) Discussion Thread 2013 - 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone hear anything from Touro?...Been checking my mail every 15 min since 9AM

Members don't see this ad :)
Hope they didn't forget, although they did send my interview invite at around 630 pm so they might be working after hours

Got accepted to middletown as well ! Rejected my offer though, Michigan State it is for me !

Students who have been accepted to Touro Harlem, have you received any registration information yet? I sent transcripts roughly 2 weeks ago, my health forms are completed and I have set up my Touro email. I am sure the admissions office is busy with sorting out the wait list, I am wondering if anyone else has heard anything about registration yet.

Thanks in advance

Has anyone with a 27 MCAT been accepted. I just got waitlisted. I have a 27 (9,9,9) MCAT, Strong extracurriculars, and a 3.8 GPA from masters in biomedical sciences. I also felt like my interview went very well even though it was on late in the cycle (4/28).

Students who have been accepted to Touro Harlem, have you received any registration information yet? I sent transcripts roughly 2 weeks ago, my health forms are completed and I have set up my Touro email. I am sure the admissions office is busy with sorting out the wait list, I am wondering if anyone else has heard anything about registration yet.

Thanks in advance
I haven't received anything yet about registration.

Hi everyone,
I am new to SDN :) I don't have a FB but was just wondering if there is anyone that is looking for a roommate? I live in Cali and am a female! please PM me if you are interested..
thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone,
I am new to SDN :) I don't have a FB but was just wondering if there is anyone that is looking for a roommate? I live in Cali and am a female! please PM me if you are interested..
thanks!
Hi there,
Are you a Harlem or Middletown student? I am also traveling from California!

Accepted off waitlist to Middletown :) however, will be withdrawing. Good luck all!

Was just accepted off the waitlist to the Harlem campus - will be withdrawing. Good luck to everyone, and hope this spot goes to someone deserving!

Will be withdrawing from Harlem this week. Good luck every one.

Those of you who were accepted off the waiting list, did you have a MCAT score of over 30?

I am asking because one of the tourocom staff told that my 29 was really want was holding me back.

Those of you who were accepted off the waiting list, did you have a MCAT score of over 30?

I am asking because one of the tourocom staff told that my 29 was really want was holding me back.
I have a 27 MCAT. Good luck!

They might just be giving you a random reason for closure if you don't get accepted.

A 29 wouldn't hold anyone back from DO school unless it was a very uneven set of scores. Revise your application and see other areas to improve.

I had an MCAT score >30. I'm surprised they accepted me off the waitlist, as I didn't send any updates. Good luck and hope you get in!

The part about how an applicant with a 29 must have a very uneven set of scores if he has not gotten accepted to a D.O. school. Touro Harlem, in particular, is extremely competitive due to its location in NYC. Perhaps the satellite campus has lower standards, but not the Harlem campus.

(and competition at all D.O. schools increases significantly each year as people realize how similar they are to M.D. schools. So, last year's stats will most likely not be indicative of an applicants success this year.)

Last year, the Harlem campus achieved an acceptance class profile of 3.2-3.3 / 31. Which means, the minimum stats for people was probably around 3.0 and a 27 (either one, as long as the other was stronger).

So if the person we are both referring to has a respectable GPA and a roughly-even 29, then I do not believe Touro would think twice about accepting them, assuming all else is good.

Hey any guys still looking for a roommate at the Middletown campus ? Me and another guy have found a three bedroom apartment at boulder pointe, and are looking for a third roommate. The rent is $500 plus utilities (maybe $40/ person). Please message me.

Sorry you're getting upset over this, I am just trying to politely tell you that you're wrong.

May I ask what reasons you have to believe that statement is true? That's a rather bold statement for someone who is 100% wrong. I didn't mean to upset you, but I guarantee what you're saying is incorrect. You completely made that claim up and your posting it here like you know it's true.

Look, like I said previously, I am not guessing about this. I won't reveal my sources of information to you since that is inappropriate, but since you seem so sure of yourself, I challenge you to present even one post in this thread that has claimed to have had an acceptance to Harlem with a sub-30 MCAT. I haven't checked, but I can already tell you not to waste your time looking since I know you won't find one. If you're intention is to not upset "naive people" as you called them, or to keep hope alive for those with sub-30 MCAT that's one thing; go ahead and post whatever you want. I'm not saying that there is no hope for applicants with sub-30 on the wait-list at this school either because there certainly is hope. But if your intent is to post accurate information (which I believe it is since you have many posts on sdn), then you might want to take a step back and think about whether or not you're sure about what you're saying.

I'm not trying to win an argument with you since this doesn't affect me one way or another. But for the sake of having the most accurate information available to students on the SDN forums I am trying to correct you. k? Thanks.

Thats a ridiculous claim, pg 18. copy pasted for your convenience

"3.10 / 3.09 / 26

My interview had good cop, bad cop...or more like bad cop / silent cop but I ended up getting a straight acceptance into Harlem."

I recently gave up my acceptance to the Harlem campus after being accepted to my top choice school. Hopefully one of you gets the phone call you have been waiting for soon.

I recently gave up my acceptance to the Harlem campus after being accepted to my top choice school. Hopefully one of you gets the phone call you have been waiting for soon.

Congrats:) It's always good to hear good news.

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats:) It's always good to hear good news.
Thanks! I wish you the best with NYCOM's wait list! If this cycle doesn't work out for you I certainly hope you find some success in the 2014-2015 cycle.

Thats a ridiculous claim, pg 18. copy pasted for your convenience

"3.10 / 3.09 / 26

My interview had good cop, bad cop...or more like bad cop / silent cop but I ended up getting a straight acceptance into Harlem."
Ha. This was spot on with mine. One who was kind of a jerk and seemed like he didn't want to be there and the other who just nodded their head and asked one question.

For all of us waitlisters out there: I spoke with someone in the office this morning and the committee will be meeting this week and should be pulling people off the wait list and there are still some spots that will come available for Harlem.

Holy cow just accepted off the Waitlist just now!!!!! Touro Middletown for those wondering with last interview day of the year. 3.05 cGPA 3.46 sGPA and 27 MCAT

Unreal!

Holy cow just accepted off the Waitlist just now!!!!! Touro Middletown for those wondering with last interview day of the year. 3.05 cGPA 3.46 sGPA and 27 MCAT

Unreal!

First acceptance of the cycle?

Accepted this morning via email to the Harlem Campus, but will not be accepting. Hopefully the spot goes to one of you!

Yep. 2 waitlists and 1 acceptance. Applied to 12 but had less than a 3.0 cumulative at the time I submitted and didn't get to 3.05 until after retakes in May. I sent an update with grades around mid may.

Congrats on your first acceptance!

Thank you my friend. I have a lot to figure out on moving from the middle of the country to New York in less than one month.
Congrats on your acceptance!!! Did you send in any letter of interest after being waitlisted?