Touro-CA MSMHS 2018-2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just got accepted to the program today as well!!! Thank you everyone for answering my questions when I had so many!!!

Wishing the best for the rest of the applicants!!!

Just got an email that I was accepted! Applied 5/3, verified 5/8 and accepted today 6/6! The wait was finally worth it I’m so excited for this fall!

What were y’all stats? If u don’t mind me asking!

Members don't see this ad.

What were y’all stats? If u don’t mind me asking!

Hi! It is no problem,

I have a 2.9 cGPA and 2.9 sGPA. I have not taken the MCAT, only the GREs, but my GREs were not great. I have a lot of volunteer work and EC’s. Very little clinical experience since the end of my college years 4 years ago. Had been taking classes again at my local community college for the last 4 years and received great grades.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nontrad, cGPA= 3.0 sGPA=3.02 but strong upward trend (3.5 senior year, 3.9 post-bacc work), however my sGPA calculated for the science worksheet was 3.31. The AACOMAS grade replacement policy change screwed me...I was going to apply last cycle but my GPA went sub 3.0 without grade replacement. Got the email about it 2-3 weeks before my MCAT test date and no lie I cried for a few days before finally getting my **** back together and realizing I couldn't let it discourage me.
499 MCAT in 01/2017. Hoping to retake soon but honestly not sure when since the program starts in like a month and a half....I'm worried about applying to the COM with this score if given an interview in the spring. But also don't want to jeopardize my grades if I try to study for it before.

1250 hrs as a CNA in a hospital surgery department, 300 hrs clinical volunteer internship at another hospital, medical mission in Guatemala with DOCare International, and currently work as a scribe with over 1000 hrs this past year. Had leadership position in campus Pre-Health Society and did a little research (not published yet) my senior year of undergrad.

I feel you on the grade replacement...it SCREWED ME as well. I went from a 3.58/3.45 to a 3.20/3.21...which really hurt my chances.

You should aim to get at least above a 502+, as you are only guaranteed an interview if you do well in the program, and HAVE a MINIMUM of 502. If I were in YOUR position, which I wish I was because I am STILL waiting on an acceptance (applied in February...they probably hate me), I would start up on some content review right now if you can. I'm not sure exactly when you should retake the test, but DEFINITELY do NOT study for it during the program. Maybe you can start studying now and take the test in August, RIGHT as the program starts? Just offering up any advice I can, really. Let me know what you decide!

I'm retaking my 502 this weekend!

I feel you on the grade replacement...it SCREWED ME as well. I went from a 3.58/3.45 to a 3.20/3.21...which really hurt my chances.

You should aim to get at least above a 502+, as you are only guaranteed an interview if you do well in the program, and HAVE a MINIMUM of 502. If I were in YOUR position, which I wish I was because I am STILL waiting on an acceptance (applied in February...they probably hate me), I would start up on some content review right now if you can. I'm not sure exactly when you should retake the test, but DEFINITELY do NOT study for it during the program. Maybe you can start studying now and take the test in August, RIGHT as the program starts? Just offering up any advice I can, really. Let me know what you decide!

I'm retaking my 502 this weekend!
Sooo my dilemma is that I'm also taking O-chem II right now (through UNE) and need to have that completed by orientation. I'm going to quit my job pretty quick here to focus on completing that and start restudying for the MCAT. I'm questioning if its possible to plan on taking the MCAT sometime in mid-August or early September since its the beginning of the program.
Past MSMHS alum: is this a bad idea?? I'm thinking I could do content review up until the program starts and then do a practice test every weekend for the first few weeks of the program but don't want to set myself up for failure.

Sooo my dilemma is that I'm also taking O-chem II right now (through UNE) and need to have that completed by orientation. I'm going to quit my job pretty quick here to focus on completing that and start restudying for the MCAT. I'm questioning if its possible to plan on taking the MCAT sometime in mid-August or early September since its the beginning of the program.
Past MSMHS alum: is this a bad idea?? I'm thinking I could do content review up until the program starts and then do a practice test every weekend for the first few weeks of the program but don't want to set myself up for failure.

One thing I am going to add is that I was able to go from scoring in the low 500s (501-502) to scoring 509-510 is by spending a lot of time reviewing my full lengths.

While it is realistic to pull off one full length per week, I IMPROVED A LOT by taking two days reviewing the full lengths (about 3-4 hours for each section), then spending two days thoroughly reviewing content I missed or practicing types of questions I got wrong, and then just practicing passages for a couple of days before taking the next full length. Simply, you HAVE to put in a lot of time reviewing the FLs to get the most out of them.

With that in mind, I would not like to see you suffer burnout because I have been relatively close. Having other academic responsibilities would have probably killed me. That's just me though. You know yourself better than anyone. :)

You can get away with it if most of the studying for the mcat is done before the program starts. First few weeks were slow to orient everyone, but it picks up fast.

How did you all submit letters via interfolio to the program?

I did an Interfolio --> AACOMAS during the application cycle for the DO program, and then subsequently did an AACOMAS --> MSMHS transfer. I gave them my AACOMAS information, and they got all the information they needed, including the letters.

I got accepted!!!!! I've been lurking this thread for awhile but was scared to post because my stats were no where close to the ones who were accepted.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to everyone that's gotten in so far!!
Just got notified that I'm on the waitlist... -_-

I did an Interfolio --> AACOMAS during the application cycle for the DO program, and then subsequently did an AACOMAS --> MSMHS transfer. I gave them my AACOMAS information, and they got all the information they needed, including the letters.

Question for you: how did you get Touro to do the AACOMAS to MSMHS transfer? I have emailed Naisha Bible 4X to do this for me and all she does is give me the link to the Masters program. It's very annoying. If someone else helped you at Touro, do you mind sharing the contact please?

P.s. they extended the deadline to apply to Wed 6/20 because they had a glitch on their system where people like me couldnt submit on time.

I'm not sure how you can transfer your AACOMAS app to the MSMHS program. :confused: Maybe you have to individually type all the info again onto the Masters program link? I think you could copy/paste everything from your old app and then forward the letters from your AACOMAS link to the adcom's email.

***Sorry I thought it quoted your message @Happy123! ***

How fast did the waitlist move in your application year?
I wasn't waitlisted so I didn't really pay attention to how fast it moved. But people were accepted from it throughout the summer. One person actually got accepted after the 1st day of orientation (presumably someone didn't show up)

Reactions: 1 user
I wasn't waitlisted so I didn't really pay attention to how fast it moved. But people were accepted from it throughout the summer. One person actually got accepted after the 1st day of orientation (presumably someone didn't show up)

Wow. The roller coaster continues >.<

Btw. Any one who is accepted or waitlisted, message me so I can give you the link to the class FB page

I made this account just to say I am also waitlisted! Does anyone the chances of getting off the waitlist and being accepted?

I made this account just to say I am also waitlisted! Does anyone the chances of getting off the waitlist and being accepted?
I honestly don't know the percentage of people who were accepted off the wait list the last two years. But a decent number of people in my class got in off the waitlist

I think someone on the waitlist showed up to orientation in my year and ended up getting in. I could be wrong though...

I was just accepted into the program and had a question about the classes. Are there resources like a test bank of previous exams for each class that we can use to practice and prepare before each exam?

Also, thank you to all the previous students in the program for answering our questions and giving us firsthand knowledge of the program.

I was just accepted into the program and had a question about the classes. Are there resources like a test bank of previous exams for each class that we can use to practice and prepare before each exam?

Also, thank you to all the previous students in the program for answering our questions and giving us firsthand knowledge of the program.

Whether you get previous exam questions to study is dependent entirely on the professor teaching that block. Dr Miller and Dr Wong provide plenty of practice questions (utilize them!). They others provide a handful.

Also. Send me a PM so I can give you the link to the FB page. Your settings won't let me message you.

Do you guys think it’s necessary to contact the office and make sure they received our official transcripts?

Chiming in a bit late, If it gives anyone hope, 2 people were accepted the second day of orientation off the waitlist from last year's master's class! If you have any questions that haven't been answered here and you are uncomfortable asking publicly you can also PM me! I'm super non-traditional low undergrad s/cumGPA (14 W's haha), low MCAT, mega-underdog, not the smartest but got the heart and passion for it, from the hood POC -- so I understand all the lurking, shyness/awkward, scared of SDN haters, and embarrassment of asking "stats"-based, questions and I'm here for you underdogs. 'Cus despite all my road bumps and I got a lot of them (a few pot holes too), I made it and you can too. :)

Reactions: 8 users
Chiming in a bit late, If it gives anyone hope, 2 people were accepted the second day of orientation off the waitlist from last year's master's class! If you have any questions that haven't been answered here and you are uncomfortable asking publicly you can also PM me! I'm super non-traditional low undergrad s/cumGPA (14 W's haha), low MCAT, mega-underdog, not the smartest but got the heart and passion for it, from the hood POC -- so I understand all the lurking, shyness/awkward, scared of SDN haters, and embarrassment of asking "stats"-based, questions and I'm here for you underdogs. 'Cus despite all my road bumps and I got a lot of them (a few pot holes too), I made it and you can too. :)

Thank you for this!

Thank you

Welcome to the party

I wonder how many spaces are left. For those who were accepted, do you guys know how many seats are still left in the program?

You recently took the MCAT right? Also, did you find out about the Berkeley ext?

The C/P was definitely hard as hell, and I'm thinking a 126 (hopefully).

CARS I probably got a 125

B/B I think I did well, and hopefully pulled a 128-129

P/S, I think between a 128-129...

So hopefully between a 507-509...but HOPEFULLY a 510 if I can magically pull off a 130 in one of the last two sections, but who knows.