The Watering Hole (social)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Don't knock them until you try them.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I mean, I'm definitely not! I'm just not gonna pay for a ticket to a music festival just for the food

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I can certainly relate with the nausea...I'm kind of a crazy person and take break ups really hard, so I haven't exactly been able to eat solid food for almost a week. I got nutritional shakes and try to eat some crackers every day so that my intestinal villi don't get too shrinky, but just thinking about food gives me such abdominal pain :barf:
I'm the same way. Extreme stress makes me not want to eat at all.

You will never survive vet school with that mentality. You got 9 the end. No comparing to anyone else!
No I mean, should I have more? Ack. It's this dumb paper. I wish to never hear the phrases pyruvate kinase deficiency or chronic hemolytic anemia for a while after this paper.

No I mean, should I have more? Ack. It's this dumb paper. I wish to never hear the phrases pyruvate kinase deficiency or chronic hemolytic anemia for a while after this paper.
If you need more references... (nerd warning)

I know the textbooks Veterinary Hematology by John Harvey, Schalm's veterinary hematology, Veterinary Hematology and Clinical Chemistry by Mary Anna Thrall, and Diagnostic Cytology and Hematology of the Dog and Cat by Cowell and Tyler all mention it. Not on a molecular level necessarily, but clinical implications of the disease and a little pathophys. Also Fundamentals of Veterinary Clinical Pathology by Stockham and Scott.

Reactions: 1 user
If you need more references... (nerd warning)

I know the textbooks Veterinary Hematology by John Harvey, Schalm's veterinary hematology, Veterinary Hematology and Clinical Chemistry by Mary Anna Thrall, and Diagnostic Cytology and Hematology of the Dog and Cat by Cowell and Tyler all mention it. Not on a molecular level necessarily, but clinical implications of the disease and a little pathophys. Also Fundamentals of Veterinary Clinical Pathology by Stockham and Scott.
You're the best Jayna! :)

I found a really great article about PKD in Basenjis from JAVMA. And there was a super helpful one about it from a ACVIM article. Really went into the implications of PKD with CHA and the random osteosclerosis that accompanies canines (but not humans or cats).

Members don't see this ad :)
You're the best Jayna! :)

I found a really great article about PKD in Basenjis from JAVMA. And there was a super helpful one about it from a ACVIM article. Really went into the implications of PKD with CHA and the random osteosclerosis that accompanies canines (but not humans or cats).

When I worked in the clin path lab 4 to 6 years ago, we had a dog that they did q3month bloodwork on with it. One time the pathologists made the resident go through and record the trends in her cell counts over time. Kinda sad but very interesting to watch them decline little by little as her bone marrow failed her.

Last edited:
This thread needs less homework and more socializing. And water for those of you that are water drinkers. :)

Reactions: 7 users
This thread needs less homework and more socializing. And water for those of you that are water drinkers. :)
I had a whole bottle of sparkling water last night. I had regrets this morning

Reactions: 1 users
I will be consuming water as soon as this term paper is over! So stay tuned (aka tomorrow)

Also for the record, I wasn't soliciting homework help. I know that's against TOS and I ain't about that life. ;)

I will be consuming water as soon as this term paper is over! So stay tuned (aka tomorrow)

Also for the record, I wasn't soliciting homework help. I know that's against TOS and I ain't about that life. ;)
Yeah, I know. I get excited about clin path. I actually didn't help that much either...still gotta go look that stuff up yourself!

Yeah, I know. I get excited about clin path. I actually didn't help that much either...still gotta go look that stuff up yourself!
Hahaha, honestly I keep thinking to myself "how would Jayna feel about this?" hahaha. It makes it easier to feign enthusiasm.
If you don't get 28.000000000000001 references your gunner status will be revoked
but... but...

tbh at this point I don't even care. Revoke my status pls, let me sleep at night.

Hahaha, honestly I keep thinking to myself "how would Jayna feel about this?" hahaha. It makes it easier to feign enthusiasm.
I feel I should tell you that the minute you assign a writing requirement and give me a deadline, it becomes the absolute last thing I want to do. But I'm glad I can somewhat help you feign enthusiasm.

I feel I should tell you that the minute you assign a writing requirement and give me a deadline, it becomes the absolute last thing I want to do. But I'm glad I can somewhat help you feign enthusiasm.
Shhhh that doesn't help hahaha. But I am destroying this paper! I separated the categories of the papers into separate pages and as I annotated the research, I would throw ideas onto different pages. I'm feeling very accomplished right now. I'm 1/4 done with writing, and I've only just started actually writing!!! :D

Also I'm a huge procrastinator too. I've had the entire semester to do this, but this is literally the last minute to do it. (Can I blame this on having bronchitis and pneumonia and being in the hospital? Because if so, I'm going to!)

Is anyone on rabbit/ interested in rabbiting? I'd be down for some background noises while I furiously type this paper!

Is anyone on rabbit/ interested in rabbiting? I'd be down for some background noises while I furiously type this paper!
I'm rewatching Friday Night Lights on netflix currently. I'm about halfway through the first season so it's not exactly a great place to randomly start watching, but I can move to rabbit if you really just want noise and no one has anything better.

I'm rewatching Friday Night Lights on netflix currently. I'm about halfway through the first season so it's not exactly a great place to randomly start watching, but I can move to rabbit if you really just want noise and no one has anything better.
Hahaha it'll be fine. My friend just showed up to bug me, so she's keeping me awake lol.

This sounds like the longest paper on earth. How long does it need to be?!

Sent from my SM-G935V using SDN mobile
It's not a specific length of paper. It's a "hey you better cover everything you need to cover" type of paper. One of my friend's ended up being 12 pages, another was 37. It depends on the complexity of your chosen inborn error of metabolism. Mines at 5 currently, but I'm just now getting to where the mutation occurs/ the effects.

It's a lot.

*goes to hide in shame* not my fault! I'm blaming it on growing up in the Bible Belt!
I grew up in the Bible Belt too and definitely did not have any non-human crushes. :p

Okay. It's a 3 day country music festival in Stillwater where everyone that attends gets smashed. Beer is either really cheap or free, and there's a lot of it (it's sponsored by different beer companies). And there are fried bull testicles.
There's a country music festival here too every summer, except with camping and fewer testicles. :laugh: Apparently it's a pretty big deal, Chris Stapleton and Thomas Rhett are the headliners this year. Luckily it's just north of town, so should be pretty easy to avoid the crowds.

Now that I'm officially done with finals I whole heartedly agree!! Just found out I got a 97 on my last Physio exam, too. All I have to do is make it through one more work day and then I have this weekend off for all the water drinking! (And celebrating my SO's 30th)

Reactions: 4 users
If you want to talk about long papers. For my junior project I had to write a 127 page stock analysis paper. Awful experience, 0/10 would not recommend.
o_o

My thesis is 50 pages and that thing was an arsehole. I couldn't even imagine 127 pages.

Okay first off y'all suck. Second off I definitely said that I thought the average paper was 6 to 7 pages, how it that unheard of?
Pretty sure you said all the "papers" you've "read" were longer than that though. :p

Reactions: 6 users
Okay first off y'all suck. Second off I definitely said that I thought the average paper was 6 to 7 pages, how it that unheard of?

Ya but originally you said the average paper was 9 pages in your experience, and even that was the minimum acceptable length