The Watering Hole (social)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Foxhunter

Year 4 of 7 (9? I think)
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is the pre-vet social thread. All users are welcome here!

wateringhole.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh goodness.

I have on that is actually really scary when you think about it, but is okay cause nothing bad happened. It involves Oktoberfest in Munich, Germany...

Actually, my entire year abroad in England is a story of it's own.

And cages are fun! There was placed called Sinners in England that I frequented that had one. I found out really late in the year that there were poles upstairs. You guy yelled at though it you got on them. My ex found that out several times. And then there was the cage at Hardware Bar in Scranton during Parade Day...there's been some stages too and I think some standing on speakers...

And I'm giving a great impression of myself here...

Members don't see this ad :)
This thread is going to have to be renamed:
The Devyn Memorial Thread.

:laugh:

My story? It involved running home from the bar, proclaiming my need to save all the penguins in antarctica, and proceeding to strip because giving them my clothes was clearly the way to save them. My best guy friend (who did the gentlemanly thing and ran with the girl home) found it very entertaining. Me the next morning? Extremely mortified. I still to this day get penguin cards, slippers, socks, you name it, from my BFFs mom, who was told the story and found it all highly amusing.

sigh, undergrad life. such fond, painfully embarrassing memories.

Last edited:
Kk. Might as well admit it now. I have a thing for black guys. Apparently they have a thing for me too based on the break down of drinks bought for me. I. Love. SDN.

Reactions: 1 user
Kk. Might as well admit it now. I have a thing for black guys. Apparently they have a thing for me too based on the break down of drinks bought for me. I. Love. SDN.

Lol this thread has me supremely confused and humored. Hahah

Oh and I definitely drunk danced with my friends on countertops, bars etc at frat parties.......oh the undergrad years

You're welcome. My one concern with Cornell?_ no black guys. How is a girl with jungle fever to survive?

Drunk

Not currently drunk...although have been many times! :D just got off work and currently enjoying a very nice (big) glass of wine though and nothing tastes better after a crappy night/day at work...considering how understaffed the clinic I work for is, and how busy the summer is, I'm thinking I just just buy a vineyard for how much wine I'm going to be drinking this summer!

Totally OT but I wish I could quit my job and become a full-time WW player/mod! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Seeing as I left the bar early to play WW I agree with you Krist and support your decisions.

Drunk

This thread is going to have to be renamed:
The Devyn Memorial Thread.

:laugh: I hope this doesn't meaning I am dying anytime soon IRL or otherwise. I will rally.

:roflcopter:

Except she hasn't died yet!! ( At least.... not YET) HOGH

Do NOT try to kill me TW - I am one entertaining player :D and the bomb diggity.

Yes black guys can be quite tasty, but hard to find good ones here in Dublin.... so have to stick to the Irish or other foreigners.

My most recent drunk fun story.... we put traffic cones all in the road as a block and confused the ****e out of some cars at 3 am in the morning.

But my college days were epic. :laugh:

This thread is hysterical. Think we are missing a few key contributors: ***looks in Sheepies direction****:D

A more recent escapade definitely involved hitting a corked bottle of wine against a pillar to some building to pop the cork out at 3AM after the club closed. It was a friend's birthday and someone had given the bottle a present. It didn't last long:cool:

No drunk stories from the German girl.. we don't drink here.. :rolleyes:

I've had a few epic moments in vet school... (though some of these events may make be inconspicious to fellow murdoch students, not many of them are on here so i feel safe! :p)

At the vet cocktail party last year (stay classy, folks!) I got so drunk I was cut off from the bar... and then I started crying about not studying enough. According to my friends, I was crying because I was afraid of telling a farmer to euth a cow when it didn't need to be and he would lose money and that I don't study enough and that im going to make a TERRIBLE vet. Thankfully, bf came and picked me up... and then proceeded to clean up my vomit for the rest of the night... :oops:

One of my classmates got so drunk at the vet school ball in first year that she had to be taken out in a wheelchair...

One of my classmates and I got so drunk one night we walked over 10km to try and catch a taxi.

And of course, at halfway day we were massively drunk by 930am!!!

One of my good friends got married a few years ago... one of my friends and I drunkenly asked her parents at the end of the party if we could have all the leftover champagne, promised to put the bottles in recycling because thats the right thing to do, and proceeded to scull said warm flat champange in their front yard!

not in vet school...

but I once got so drunk... i proposed to this girl I knew TWICE, and I had never even dated her. Shockingly she said "no" both times. Go figure.

You're welcome. My one concern with Cornell?_ no black guys. How is a girl with jungle fever to survive?

Drunk

Drive 45 mins north to Syracuse. Just stay away from Salina St. :scared:

Hahaha SOV, do you remember proposing to her? Or was that just something you found out after the fact both times?

Drunk

I almost spit out my pudding reading this.

I wondered this same problem at VA Tech...only I like to word my "jungle fever" as "...a VERY strong preference for diversity...VERY"

Haha. I have one friend who always tries to explain that "black guys like me, I don't like them more" took her 4 years of college to finally admit that "maybe i do kinda like them"

I am not sure if anyone knows me that well on here...but here are some of mine. All true. All wonderful. Most were told to me the next day. ;)

One time I got so drunk I rode piggy back style on someone half my size around the entire epcot theme park.

One time I got so drunk, I actually left my own house party and went to the store...saw a friend who told me about a party around the corner (not knowing it was mine) and went with them...back to my own house...

One time I got so drunk I ate an entire jar of red jelly beans...puked an hour later, and forgetting I had ate a bunch of red jelly beans convinced myself I had an ulcer and that I needed to make major life changes. (...my friend reminded me of the jelly beans the next day)

One time I got so drunk I couldnt even make it into the the club and slept all night in a parking garage

Many more...lets keep it PG though...

This thread is pure gold.

My contribution: Have you ever played the Titanic drinking game? It has this one rule in addition to drinking when the captain orders more speed or ignores an ice warning and every time someone says "Titanic" or "unsinkable" or they show the iceberg or Leo says "This is bad.." etc. This one rule will end your night.You drink every time they say "Jack" or "Rose"
Towards the end of the movie, when Jack is handcuffed and they're looking for each other, they start repeating their names over and over: "Jack! Jack! Where are you, Jack?! Jack?!" "Rose! I'm in here! Rose! Hurry!" "Jack!"... you get the idea.

My best guy friend and his boyfriend invited me over to play. The boyfriend passed out before the ship left Cherbourg. BFF and I kept drinking all the way to that scene. We made it through that. But, as the majestic ship began her final plunge, we got so sick it was hilarious. Imagine me in the bathroom, puking in the toilet and him doing the same thing at his kitchen sink, in this very tiny studio apartment. And joking to each other the whole time.

Epic drinking game.

Movie drinking games are the best! Top Gun & The Little Mermaid come to mind.

Everyone is assigned a character or action and has to drink whenever that happens - I just remember for Little Mermaid I had to drink any time her hair moved funny - yeah I was quite hammered by the end. :laugh:

I love the Disney power hour on YouTube. Only problem- I often get too into the singing and forget to drink.

I think my best/worst drunk story is the time I was convinced my then boyfriend had killed my parents.

I love the Disney power hour on YouTube. Only problem- I often get too into the singing and forget to drink.

I think my best/worst drunk story is the time I was convinced my then boyfriend had killed my parents.

WTH were you drinking???!!! :eek:

Rum and coke slushies and jäger bombs and Vegas bombs. I fell asleep on the couch and had this terrible dream that he'd killed my parents in a car accident when I'd told him he was too drunk to drive. He woke me up in the middle of this and I thought it was real.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I wondered this same problem at VA Tech...only I like to word my "jungle fever" as "...a VERY strong preference for diversity...VERY"

Squires houses the Multicultural and the Black Cultural center. Both good places to study. If you know what I mean. ;)

For drunk stories~ I stubbed my toe in front of my favorite frat house once and left little bloody toe prints all over their floor on the way to the bathroom. The fraternity that shares a house with them apparently thought this was decidedly unacceptable and shattered a handsanitizer machine all over the floor.

And then of course there was that one time with my fiance (there are actually many many times with my fiance, lol!), when I was rubbing his back over the men's room toilet, telling him it'd be alright, he'd feel much better when-suddenly- I decided I really needed to puke. I crawled to the next stall over on my hands and knees on the disgusting public men's room floor but hey - I made it to the pot on time! ;D

Am I the only one that doesn't drink in undergrad? :laugh::laugh:

These stories are hilarious, though!

Am I the only one that doesn't drink in undergrad? :laugh::laugh:

These stories are hilarious, though!

I didn't drink my entire freshmen year, but from sophomore year on it was on like donkey kong. :laugh: I still hung out at frat parties sober though. I spent a good portion of sophomore year blasted off my ass on the weekends and some weeknights. I wreaked havoc on the fraternity houses and spent my weekends drinking with them.

And an appropriate song.

[YOUTUBE]G2fOum_KWQU[/YOUTUBE]

Some of us drank once in a while, not every night. But yes, you are the exception.

I do not drink every night. Spring break though... I pulled off an epic 8 nights in a row of bars. Drove 12 hours and still made it to the bar for st Patrick's day.

I do not drink every night. Spring break though... I pulled off an epic 8 nights in a row of bars. Drove 12 hours and still made it to the bar for st Patrick's day.

At least you don't go to pubs by yourself - who does??? - this girl!!! :D :laugh:

Yeah when you move to a new country and you don't know a lot of people you tend to have to make your own fun every once in awhile. Even on St. Paddy's Day I was in a pub by myself, but I met some pretty cool people and had some good craic so it was all good. Plus I know all the bar men, so I always have someone to talk to. ;)

At least you don't go to pubs by yourself - who does??? - this girl!!! :D :laugh:

Yeah when you move to a new country and you don't know a lot of people you tend to have to make your own fun every once in awhile. Even on St. Paddy's Day I was in a pub by myself, but I met some pretty cool people and had some good craic so it was all good. Plus I know all the bar men, so I always have someone to talk to. ;)
Your life sounds epic.
I will now live vicariously through you and Foxhunter.

Devyn we must rage. Alas, I am leaving the beach as I type this. Headed back to real(ish) world. Must pack up my life and start saying my goodbyes.

That sums it up really nicely. Oh college, how I miss thee.

I do like you're story though. Not quite sure I ever did anything along those lines.

I had a few months where I was just ridiculous. bad decisions. My friends gave me an "alter-ego" for awhile that used to come out when I was way drunk. Now she was bat**** crazy, highly entertaining, but absolutely nuts.:scared:

Now it's more I like to drink and have fun, but I REALLY like to remember my nights and not be completely embarrassed the next day.

Okay, share some more so I can have some laughs this morning:D

Your life sounds epic.
I will now live vicariously through you and Foxhunter.

I would not consider it epic - just hilarious really. But let me tell you the lads I meet at the pub are seriously some good craic. My friend was supposed to meet me at the pub on Saturday night and ended up not coming until 12 am (& at that point she was a bit drunk). I already had a few guys that I had met to shoot the ****e with and they were cracking me up. One was a New Zealander who had lived in Ireland for 7 years, so his accent was an odd mix. They were telling me how billiards & darts are not in most pubs in Ireland as they are seen as a working class sport. :laugh: :wtf:
I got a few free drinks out of them though before moving to the back bar of the pub which is there late bar and talking up a few other lads. One who proceeded to give me his Leinster (rugby) jacket out of nowhere (didn't even ask for it, but was not going to turn it down). Love it! I also have a Leinster season ticket holder scarf I got from a lad at a pub a few months back (& no I am not a season ticket holder). :lol:

And I danced with a guy who had to be about 80 years old because he asked very politely and reminded me of someone's grandfather - they were playing old school rock music so it was harmless twirling type dancing. Figured one dance would make the man's night. :)

Yeah pretty good craic for one night at the pub by my lonesome.

Devyn we must rage. Alas, I am leaving the beach as I type this. Headed back to real(ish) world. Must pack up my life and start saying my goodbyes.

You must come to Ireland - I will show you how to drink Irish style! :D

This thread is hysterical. Think we are missing a few key contributors: ***looks in Sheepies direction****:D

Ok I'm here. I usually am able to handle myself pretty well so not a whole lot of crazy stories involving myself. I do tend to spill drinks on myself when sitting at a table and if I am day drinking I always forget to eat so it makes the situation worse. Last years State Pattys Day I had kegs and eggs around 10 am then proceeded to do multiple power hours, a case race, 100 cup pong, and more drinking without eating anything the rest of the day. I don't remember anything after 4 o'clock :confused:. I have also played dizzy bat at a tailgate with straight rum instead of beer.

My roommate freshman year drank moonshine at his frat and fell and busted our towel rack and toilet paper roll thing off the wall with his head.

You know what's tragic?

Not drinking for the month of finals, taking a horrendous pharmacology exam, deciding you and your friends should go have one beer to de-stress at 3pm, and all getting wastey-face because your tolerance is so low.

I need to get back in shape. I worry for my liver tomorrow at 3pm.

You know what's tragic?

Not drinking for the month of finals, taking a horrendous pharmacology exam, deciding you and your friends should go have one beer to de-stress at 3pm, and all getting wastey-face because your tolerance is so low.

Tragic? NO! Economical? YES!

You know what's tragic?

Off one beer!? Very, very tragic indeed.

Practice makes perfect SnS! You should know better than to run a marathon without training!! I believe in you though - CONGRATS on finishing finals!!!! I want to hear about the stories after you celebrate :)

Tragic? NO! Economical? YES!

Haha the definition of a cheap date.

Off one beer!? Very, very tragic indeed.

Don't you worry, I will be back in top Scottish vet student form come October Mr. Sheepie. Watch yo-self.

Practice makes perfect SnS! You should know better than to run a marathon without training!! I believe in you though - CONGRATS on finishing finals!!!! I want to hear about the stories after you celebrate :)

Haha I had built up such a good tolerance too...being a sorority girl turned scottish vet student... And don't you worry, if anything epic happens, I will be posting here tomorrow night. Apologies in advance.

Agree with the economical argument. I sometimes wish my tolerance was lower.

Ok- my school has this tradition called Senior Fifth for the last football tailgate of the year. Pretty much what it sounds like. I chose tequila, naturally. I fell asleep on a table at a restaurant, broke my phone (i don't know how), and sent R-rated texts to one of my students (I was a lab TA at the time). Also ran door to door in an apartment building showing everyone my empty fifth with the time stamps from when I'd poured drink.

Oh wow. This thread has bad idea written all over it. I believe I'll abstain from sharing, while continuing to read the exploits of everyone else. ;)

The Foxhunter bar strategy (finally figured it out):

A) Play the Southern Belle card first
- If that seems to be working, quickly follow up by flashing your pistol permit
- Success!

OR

- If A fails, change to
B). Geek out.
- (This includes awful, awful physics puns)
- If he can quote Feynmann, he's probably a winner
- Profit?

/Copyright Foxhunter 2009 - 2012. Not intended to be a factual statement
// Have a few good stories of my own though I don't think they can top any posted here!