The Watering Hole (social)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Members don't see this ad :)
I think you were trying to speak to me :p

e539a7428d0e21a116cd63b15c0aa68d.gif

Reactions: 1 users
Finding Dory sometime later this week? I'm free every night now :soexcited:

Reactions: 1 user
Wooooow. Just when life was starting to become manageable again after being sick/ in the hospital for so long, my lungs decided that life was going too well and I needed emergency breathing treatments. I just got over being sick, please don't do this again this close to finals. :( :rage:

Wooooow. Just when life was starting to become manageable again after being sick/ in the hospital for so long, my lungs decided that life was going too well and I needed emergency breathing treatments. I just got over being sick, please don't do this again this close to finals. :( :rage:
Sorry cdo! Breathing stuff is all my nightmares.

Sorry cdo! Breathing stuff is all my nightmares.
Ugh. I've been dealing with it since summer of 2014. It's usually bad once a semester (URI turns into pretty rough bronchitis) and then whenever I workout.

This semester has been extremely ****ty though. 6 weeks ago URI turned into bronchitis, the standard course of azithromycin and prednisone didn't work. 5 weeks ago bronchitis turned into walking pneumonia, more antibiotics, more steroids. 4 weeks ago, I was in the emergency room because I couldn't breathe. Pulse ox of 82. More antibiotics, more steroids, albuterol nebulizer. Aaaand it's been fine, almost manageable for a month.

And then tonight my lungs closed up and we're starting breathing treatments allll over again.

Ugh. I've been dealing with it since summer of 2014. It's usually bad once a semester (URI turns into pretty rough bronchitis) and then whenever I workout.

This semester has been extremely ****ty though. 6 weeks ago URI turned into bronchitis, the standard course of azithromycin and prednisone didn't work. 5 weeks ago bronchitis turned into walking pneumonia, more antibiotics, more steroids. 4 weeks ago, I was in the emergency room because I couldn't breathe. Pulse ox of 82. More antibiotics, more steroids, albuterol nebulizer. Aaaand it's been fine, almost manageable for a month.

And then tonight my lungs closed up and we're starting breathing treatments allll over again.
I followed here and on FB. Breathing stuff just sucks so bad. And the few times I have felt really close to death, once I near drowned, another was choking during a URI, plus my kiddo has respiratory problems. So, yeah, all my nightmares.

Basically all that to say I feel for you and I am pulling for you to recover quickly and stay that way this time!

I followed here and on FB. Breathing stuff just sucks so bad. And the few times I have felt really close to death, once I near drowned, another was choking during a URI, plus my kiddo has respiratory problems. So, yeah, all my nightmares.

Basically all that to say I feel for you and I am pulling for you to recover quickly and stay that way this time!
Oh man, yeah. Respiratory stuff sucks soooo bad. Albuterol didn't help so I'm debating super expensive ER visit now or wait and go to urgent care in the morning

Oh man, yeah. Respiratory stuff sucks soooo bad. Albuterol didn't help so I'm debating super expensive ER visit now or wait and go to urgent care in the morning
Ummm... debate based on o2. If you don't have enough air to your brain, you need a ride. If you decide nor to go tonight, make sure you have someone who can check on you and drive you in.

Ummm... debate based on o2. If you don't have enough air to your brain, you need a ride. If you decide nor to go tonight, make sure you have someone who can check on you and drive you in.
I have enough air to my brain. Think I'll just ride it out. Nebulizer is every 6 hours but my last one was an hour ago :(

I just got the lecture on "If albuterol doesn't cut it any more..." Go in if there is any worry.

Don't eff around with your breathing. Go to the ER. Didn't you mention you have asthma too?
I just got the lecture on "If albuterol doesn't cut it any more..." Go in if there is any worry.
Okay, we're good. Medicine just took longer to work than expected. Lungs hurts a little, but nothing worse than expected. Thanks for the concern!

Reactions: 4 users
Okay, we're good. Medicine just took longer to work than expected. Lungs hurts a little, but nothing worse than expected. Thanks for the concern!

Glad to hear it. Please do seek help if it doesn't get better. I had a cousin die from an asthma attack a few years back. You're better to be safe.