The Republic of Texas XX: The Greatest Country in the World!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
we have all these sweet creepers reading all of our posts and not bringing anything to the table. Then as soon as they get into a school they flood the thread with news and then leave.

:confused: They're really excited, give 'em a break. Complaining about everything isn't bringing much to the table either.

Members don't see this ad.

Sometimes you wanna share the news with people who understand the magnitude.

"Sometimes you wanna go, where every-body knows your na-a-ame
And you're always glad ya ca-a-ame
You wanna be where you can see, our troubles are all the sa-ame
You wanna go where everybody knows your name"

:D

Members don't see this ad :)
a bit off topic but did anyone else have interviewers tell them they were impressed with their personal statement or secondary essays?

ive had it said a few times and it always catches me off guard because i think my essays are total crap.

"Sometimes you wanna go, where every-body knows your na-a-ame
And you're always glad ya ca-a-ame
You wanna be where you can see, our troubles are all the sa-ame
You wanna go where everybody knows your name"

:D

LOL

Can we please get in at the same place? You seem fun. Plus we both waste a LOT of time on the internet. :p

i don't post a lot. but i have put in my two cents every once in awhile :) but i checked my status page and i got into TCOM also! woooooot!

a bit off topic but did anyone else have interviewers tell them they were impressed with their personal statement or secondary essays?

ive had it said a few times and it always catches me off guard because i think my essays are total crap.

Yep, at A&M. It caught me off guard as well. I really hated writing my personal statement. But I did feel like my secondary for A&M was good. I hope they remember me tomorrow!!!!

LOL

Can we please get in at the same place? You seem fun. Plus we both waste a LOT of time on the internet. :p

Uh oh... aggie08 and goSpursgo might have something going on...unless she's just trying to contract a vd or something.:D

Members don't see this ad :)
i don't post a lot. but i have put in my two cents every once in awhile :) but i checked my status page and i got into TCOM also! woooooot!

Congrats future doc!!!!! Way to go! :D

Ok this is ridiculous. I have been online WAY too long.

Going to watch The Office. :D

haha the office is so win.

andy is hilarious simply because i have a friend just like him. haha

:love:

LOL - I already have one....I think GoSpursGo has one, too.
We're playing trade the VD.

Hehe yeah, happily taken at the moment :) Have you interviewed at UTHSCSA yet? If you're ever in SA, maybe we could meet up at some point- I'd FINALLY get to place at least ONE face to their sn! :hello:

Congrats fellow scriblet!!! Tell Dr. Caudill I said hi, please. :D

thank you! i would totally say hi to dr. caudill for ya but i haven't scribbled for a few months now. i've only kept in touch with ron cuz i was over in dallas a lot. however, dr. caudill was super nice now that i remember

Hehe yeah, happily taken at the moment :) Have you interviewed at UTHSCSA yet? If you're ever in SA, maybe we could meet up at some point- I'd FINALLY get to place at least ONE face to their sn! :hello:

haha im very taken, too. :D he doesn't really understand the whole VD thing though (are these jokes old yet? hahaha)

anyways, UTHSCSA:

No, I haven't. I doubt I get an interview there, though.
But if I do, sounds good. I know a couple of people from SDN, bobsagat is my favorite, though. LOL - mostly because I recognized him first and he felt really awkward.

But if I do, sounds good. I know a couple of people from SDN, bobsagat is my favorite, though. LOL - mostly because I recognized him first and he felt really awkward.
I think we interviewed at Tech on the same day, but nobody I talked to mentioned SDN.. Probably best to keep internet forum talk to a minimum outside of our homes!

Congratulations to everyone that received good news and in advance to the many of you that will receive that good news in the future. For those that are worried and frustrated I completely understand your plight. This being my second time applying and having only one interview this fall I was very frustrated. All it takes is one interview and I hope that you all find success. If not, if you want it bad enough you will find a way to get in. I meant to post earlier but in my moment of celebration I almost forgot that it was just me and my nine month old son and he only understands immediate gratification such as food and not the delayed variety of which his dad has envisioned. Good luck to you all!

I think we interviewed at Tech on the same day, but nobody I talked to mentioned SDN.. Probably best to keep internet forum talk to a minimum outside of our homes!

Oh man. I would have said something if I figured out which one was you! I'd ask what you were wearing, but pretty much everyone had the same thing on. haha :p Someone asked me about SDN, but I was distracted. If you're here, reveal yourself! =P

Oh man. I would have said something if I figured out which one was you! I'd ask what you were wearing, but pretty much everyone had the same thing on. haha :p Someone asked me about SDN, but I was distracted. If you're here, reveal yourself! =P
No need to remember clothes; I have red hair. :smuggrin:

Congratulations to everyone that received good news and in advance to the many of you that will receive that good news in the future. For those that are worried and frustrated I completely understand your plight. This being my second time applying and having only one interview this fall I was very frustrated. All it takes is one interview and I hope that you all find success. If not, if you want it bad enough you will find a way to get in. I meant to post earlier but in my moment of celebration I almost forgot that it was just me and my nine month old son and he only understands immediate gratification such as food and not the delayed variety of which his dad has envisioned. Good luck to you all!

congrats teacherman

btw i too have had trouble conveying these things to baby

haha im very taken, too. :D he doesn't really understand the whole VD thing though (are these jokes old yet? hahaha)

anyways, UTHSCSA:

Well hey, if nothing else, you need to make a trip to see the riverwalk around Christmastime :) It's just gorgeous!

Invictusmaneo said:
i think i saw spurs at baylor

favorite movie requiem for a dream?

Ding-Ding, we have a winner :) How'd you know? And who were you?

Well hey, if nothing else, you need to make a trip to see the riverwalk around Christmastime :) It's just gorgeous!

I've only been to SA once. Our state competition for gymnastics was there when I was about....13 or 14, I dunno. I really should make it to more of Texas than the Panhandle and East Texas.

Never even been to Austin. :( It's SUCH a long trip to go to these places when you spend your entire life in the Panhandle, haha. I've been all over the states and out of the country multiple times, but never to Austin. That makes me sad. I need to do that asap.

congrats teacherman

btw i too have had trouble conveying these things to baby

Thanks. Let me tell you, even though this is an exciting day, it does not compare to the moment I held my son for the first time. Not to set you up for a let down when you inevitably get accepted, but I'm sure you know what I mean. Good luck to you!

I'm so proud of you! You really deserve this. Your son will be so proud when he finally is able to understand. I bet your wife is ecstatic, also!

I've only been to SA once. Our state competition for gymnastics was there when I was about....13 or 14, I dunno. I really should make it to more of Texas than the Panhandle and East Texas.

Never even been to Austin. :( It's SUCH a long trip to go to these places when you spend your entire life in the Panhandle, haha. I've been all over the states and out of the country multiple times, but never to Austin. That makes me sad. I need to do that asap.

Indeed. Trust me, SA, riverwalk, anytime after the first, oh, week or so in December. You won't regret it :) Make it a weekend with the significant other!

Invictus, do you remember what your hair/beard style was for the Baylor interview? I've got a vague incling I might remember who you are...

EDIT, OK cool, gotcha. I remember you now :) Two movies still high on my list of to-see movies :p

I'm so proud of you! You really deserve this. Your son will be so proud when he finally is able to understand. I bet your wife is ecstatic, also!

Thank you so much. Yes, we are all excited. Hopefully I don't overdo the celebrating as I have to educate the minds of the future tomorrow morning! Anyway, I'm sure you will get in and I will be congratulating you too!

Which by the way were extremely relaxed interviews. I'd say they were about as close to fun as interviews could be.

Invictus, do you remember what your hair/beard style was for the Baylor interview? I've got a vague incling I might remember who you are...

I had short red hair with a red goatee on that day.

I usually only break out the stache when my wife drags me to the rodeo. But i may make an exception if i get an interview with UT-H; I could tell everyone that i am the love child of Dr. Red Duke.
attachment.php

so i just checked my stuff on tmdsas, and now the "You do NOT have multiple offers from schools." is BLINKING at me.... seriously, do they have to do that????

it's not like i didn't notice the bright red text on an otherwise mostly empty screen... while we're at it, salt and lemon juice please.
:(

Which by the way were extremely relaxed interviews. I'd say they were about as close to fun as interviews could be.

My interviews there were the best yet.

I had one good interviewer at TTU. The other guy waited a really long time to ask questions. He would ask a question, and no matter how long my answer was, he would stare me down for at least 15secs before asking another question.

Status
Not open for further replies.