***The Official WesternU Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody knows how long after your western portal shows all the required check marks your application goes under review?
Screen Shot 2017-09-26 at 12.39.30 PM.png

I just got an email yesterday saying I'm under review:
"Good News! Your application has been processed and sent to the College of Dental Medicine Admissions Committee for review. Should you be selected for an interview, we will contact you via email to schedule a convenient interview date. We will provide further details at that time."

Looks like my official DAT scores and letters of rec took awhile to process for some reason. So it took me about 3 weeks to go under review after all the checks were completed. It seems other applicants might have had varying times for how long it took to go under review though.

Members don't see this ad.

View attachment 223863
"Good News! Your application has been processed and sent to the College of Dental Medicine Admissions Committee for review. Should you be selected for an interview, we will contact you via email to schedule a convenient interview date. We will provide further details at that time."

Looks like my official DAT scores and letters of rec took awhile to process for some reason. So it took me about 3 weeks to go under review after all the checks were completed. It seems other applicants might have had varying times for how long it took to go under review though.
so weird, I submitted my payment on 8/5, and everything was checked as received 2 days later on 8/7. I wonder why it took so long when you only submitted two days after me

Members don't see this ad :)
That's odd. I submitted my application in June and everything was received in July. I never got this email... only that the check marks appeared...

so weird, I submitted my payment on 8/5, and everything was checked as received 2 days later on 8/7. I wonder why it took so long when you only submitted two days after me
View attachment 223863

Reactions: 1 user
That's odd. I submitted my application in June and everything was received in July. I never got this email... only that the check marks appeared...
Same here. Submitted June. Received July. Check marks but no email.

Same here. Submitted June. Received July. Check marks but no email.

I never got this email either.

Don't worry you guys. I called about this also and they said that they just recently started sending out those under review emails. For people that submitted earlier, as long as all the items are checked off on their portal, then you are under review.

Reactions: 1 users
New to this thread! Got an interview scheduled for 10/20. Hope to see some of you there! Anyone a re-applicant from last year that can offer interview tips?

Does anyone know if they are giving out anymore pre-December interviews?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just want to give those that feel uneasy about not getting any “application recieved” or “review email” a bit of relief since it is already stressed out enough in the application process. I DID NOT recieve any email from Western at all. The only thing i did recieve was the interview invite email 2 months after submitting my app. So don’t worry about not getting the review or conplete email.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm flying into Ontario because they said to so that on their website!

Lol well the Ontario ticket to fly where I'm from is $200 more. I have several interviews so I can't afford that. Their instructions also recommend LAX. I'm renting a car and it's only a 40 min drive so I was wondering if someone either wanted to split costs or maybe even split an Uber. Maybe most people are coming in from the west coast so they're not as stuck. Sigh

Lol well the Ontario ticket to fly where I'm from is $200 more. I have several interviews so I can't afford that. Their instructions also recommend LAX. I'm renting a car and it's only a 40 min drive so I was wondering if someone either wanted to split costs or maybe even split an Uber. Maybe most people are coming in from the west coast so they're not as stuck. Sigh
ohhh where I'm coming from ontario was cheaper that's why I said that, but $200 is too much to justify flyinging there! Random suggestion but depending who your auto insurance carrier might be, they might have special rates with some rental car companies which can give you a car at a discounted price as opposed to paying $60 one way in an uber (if you don't get someone to split fares with).

Note SoCal traffic makes that drive +/- 1.5hrs depending the time of day just a heads up.

Reactions: 2 users
Note SoCal traffic makes that drive +/- 1.5hrs depending the time of day just a heads up.
I can confirm this (LA resident here). Depending on the time of day, the time it takes to get from LAX to WesternU could be double.

I can confirm this (LA resident here). Depending on the time of day, the time it takes to get from LAX to WesternU could be double.

Thanks guys! I come from area that has pretty bad traffic and it takes minimum half an hour to get everywhere that's close by, so I figured it could fluctuate. I'm coming in the day before pretty early though and leaving late the next day so I'm sure it will be fine. I have too many interviews trust me the money in saving is worth any drive time.

Saturday interviewers shouldn't have as much issue with traffic

Has anybody received any interview invitations recently?

Hey I fly in from Detroit on Friday for an interview on Saturday. Land at 1:54. I definitely would be interested in splitting an uber or a rental if the times work out.

When is western going to send the rest of the invites for pre December I've heard they still have interview spots lol

Hey I fly in from Detroit on Friday for an interview on Saturday. Land at 1:54. I definitely would be interested in splitting an uber or a rental if the times work out.

I land really early. Are you doing the PCC tour at 3:30 PM?

Hey guys, is it open or closed file interview?

Received an email on Oct 4th for interview. Scheduled interview for Nov 4th. AADSAS portal still shows "none".

Interview #3
Just got it scheduled for Nov. 4th

AADSAS mail-out date: 6/24/17
Secondary complete date: 6/24/17
Application recieved date: 7/21/17

California resident, Temple Undergrad

DAT: 24AA, 22TS, 24PAT || 21 BIO 26GC 23OC 25QR 26RC

GPA: 3.66 cGPA, 3.60 sGPA

Interview #3
Just got it scheduled for Nov. 4th

AADSAS mail-out date: 6/24/17
Secondary complete date: 6/24/17
Application recieved date: 7/21/17

California resident, Temple Undergrad

DAT: 24AA, 22TS, 24PAT || 21 BIO 26GC 23OC 25QR 26RC

GPA: 3.66 cGPA, 3.60 sGPA
Did they just send you the invite today?

If you are the gentleman who was sitting next to me during lunch today, I am very sorry. I didn't realize that I was drinking your water until I found mine in my bag. Here

Reactions: 7 users
If you are the gentleman who was sitting next to me during lunch today, I am very sorry. I didn't realize that I was drinking your water until I found mine in my bag. Here
Lmao. Really enjoyed interview day

Reactions: 3 users
Hey guys, is it open or closed file interview?

It is closed but when I interviewed yesterday I was straight up asked for my DAT and GPA in the first 5 min of the interview. They basically said: "We are closed filed interview. What was your GPA and DAT scores?" Definitely caught me off guard.

It is closed but when I interviewed yesterday I was straight up asked for my DAT and GPA in the first 5 min of the interview. They basically said: "We are closed filed interview. What was your GPA and DAT scores?" Definitely caught me off guard.
Lmaoooo

Another thing that I thought was a little odd: they send you a personalized survey link after the interview and it states that it is "confidential and will not affect admissions" BUT they also ask you if WesternU is your first choice. Seems like a conflict of interest...
Screenshot 2017-10-08 at 10.50.18 AM.png

FYI: they will let you submit without answering the question.

Another thing that I thought was a little odd: they send you a personalized survey link after the interview and it states that it is "confidential and will not affect admissions" BUT they also ask you if WesternU is your first choice. Seems like a conflict of interest...
View attachment 224168

FYI: they will let you submit without answering the question.
I saw that question and stated laughing LOL I decided to not finish the survey.

I actually heard that happened to a couple of people with the same interviewer. Maybe they'll get wind of it.

I just got an e-mail from Western trying to solicit an application. I thought that was weird for so late in the cycle! Anybody else get one?

Status
Not open for further replies.