***The Official WesternU Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for finding out fam :] Really appreciate it. Not trying to sound like a downer, but I guess I'll see you guys application next cycle :]. Be strong guys! Be proud that you all got this far! And don't give up on your dreams!
Called again. They said they know there were acceptances this week but not sure how many more, or if any next week.
Sorry, wish I had something better to tell you all.
:( This breaks my heart....Hopefully more next week...

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys, DMD 2021 here!
I’m WesternU ASDA’s Social Media Chair. Please follow/like our Instagram and Facebook pages. You’ll get an idea of our volunteer opportunities, networking, and student life!

Can’t wait to meet you all. :)

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys! I’m a current D1 at WesternU. I’m very excited to meet the upcoming D1s for next fall :)

Just wanted to ask if anyone who is attending WesternU next year doing SParC (Summer preparedness and readiness course: June 11-July 13 2018)
Details: Summer Preparedness and Readiness Course (SPaRC) | Learning Enhancement & Academic Development (LEAD)

If you are and may be needing a place to live for the time being or planning to live on campus your first year, I have a room on campus at the DAUMIER Apartment right next to the HEC building where you will be taking classes. If you need a place to stay June 11-July 13 just let me know and I can give you more details. I am moving off campus mid June and either subletting my bedroom (in a 2-bedroom apartment) or transferring my current lease.

Please message me if you’re interested! CONGRATS to everyone who was accepted! Can’t wait to meet you all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
So, think it's over? Has anyone heard anything?

Hello,

The first time I applied to dental schools i applied with DAT 17 and 2.8 science GPA. overal gpa 3.55 didnt get an interview from any of the 12 schools.

The second time (last cycle) i applied with a DAT of 20, 22 on each science, 16 on math, 3.2 science gpa..overal gpa 3.55. yet no interviews

now I am deciding to reapply without retaking the dat for the third time.. I am just confused why i didnt recieve a single interview on the second time i applied. any advice would help!!

thank you

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to share a little bit about an upcoming Pre-Dental Day WesternU's ASDA and ADEA chapters will be having this summer on Saturday, June 23rd from 7:30am - 5:30pm. This is a great opportunity to come see the school and learn a little bit about dentistry and get a introduction to simulation lab exercises such as waxing, prepping and restoring teeth. There will also be various presentations about getting into dental school and the application process, personal statement editing, and mock interviews. Lastly, this event is a good networking opportunity to get to know some of the faculty and students at WesternU. If you are interested in this event please message me and I will send you the registration links.

If you have any questions at all about anything pre-dental feel free to message me and I will do my best to help out.

-WesternU's ASDA Pre-dental Chairs

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to share a little bit about an upcoming Pre-Dental Day WesternU's ASDA and ADEA chapters will be having this summer on Saturday, June 23rd from 7:30am - 5:30pm. This is a great opportunity to come see the school and learn a little bit about dentistry and get a introduction to simulation lab exercises such as waxing, prepping and restoring teeth. There will also be various presentations about getting into dental school and the application process, personal statement editing, and mock interviews. Lastly, this event is a good networking opportunity to get to know some of the faculty and students at WesternU. If you are interested in this event please message me and I will send you the registration links.

If you have any questions at all about anything pre-dental feel free to message me and I will do my best to help out.

-WesternU's ASDA Pre-dental Chairs

Hello,

The first time I applied to dental schools i applied with DAT 17 and 2.8 science GPA. overal gpa 3.55 didnt get an interview from any of the 12 schools.

The second time (last cycle) i applied with a DAT of 20, 22 on each science, 16 on math, 3.2 science gpa..overal gpa 3.55. yet no interviews

now I am deciding to reapply without retaking the dat for the third time.. I am just confused why i didnt recieve a single interview on the second time i applied. any advice would help!!

thank you

Hello,

thank you
Hello, I’m no expert but there may be something missing from within your application itself. Have you tried contacting the schools you applied to? Sometimes they have insight in why the admissions committee decided not to offer an interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello,

thank you
What schools did you apply to?

Hello, I’m no expert but there may be something missing from within your application itself. Have you tried contacting the schools you applied to? Sometimes they have insight in why the admissions committee decided not to offer an interview.
they mainly gave me the competitive speech nothing specific.

What schools did you apply to?
Arizona School of Dentistry and Oral Health
Midwestern University College of Dental Medicine
Loma Linda University School of Dentistry
University of California, Los Angeles School of Dentistry
The Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry of USC
Western University of Health Sciences College of Dental Medicine
Nova Southeastern University College of Dental Medicine
University of Maryland School of Dentistry
University of Nevada, Las Vegas School of Dental Medicine
Touro College of Dental Medicine
Oregon Health Sciences University School of Dentistry
University of Utah School
Roseman University

Arizona School of Dentistry and Oral Health
Midwestern University College of Dental Medicine
Loma Linda University School of Dentistry
University of California, Los Angeles School of Dentistry
The Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry of USC
Western University of Health Sciences College of Dental Medicine
Nova Southeastern University College of Dental Medicine
University of Maryland School of Dentistry
University of Nevada, Las Vegas School of Dental Medicine
Touro College of Dental Medicine
Oregon Health Sciences University School of Dentistry
University of Utah School
Roseman University
I would consider applying to some schools on the east coast (NYU, Boston, LECOM, Tufts) and cut some schools that you applied to that are more competitive (Utah, UCLA, Oregon)

Someone I know just got off the waitlist at Western last week. Apparently, he did absolutely nothing besides accept the waitlist offer at Western back in February.

Anyone hear anything yet..?

Someone I know just got off the waitlist at Western last week. Apparently, he did absolutely nothing besides accept the waitlist offer at Western back in February.

Anyone hear anything yet..?

Seriously? What about the people that have been updating each month? They stated this was not a ranked waitlist, but this recent acceptance makes me doubt that. Do you know if this person accepted the offered seat?

Hello,

thank you
Apply early!! Also, schedule appt with admissions counselors to understand what each school is looking for.
Good luck on round 3!!

Letter of evaluation help

I currently have 3/4 evaluations and was wondering who to ask for the 4th.

1. individual from a school clinic i worked at
2. professor from undergrad
3. dentist

for the 4th evalutator I was thinking asking someone from community service or a professor? any other thoughts?

Thank you

Letter of evaluation help

I currently have 3/4 evaluations and was wondering who to ask for the 4th.

1. individual from a school clinic i worked at
2. professor from undergrad
3. dentist

for the 4th evalutator I was thinking asking someone from community service or a professor? any other thoughts?

Thank you

Hey gooz26! I would definitely look into getting a *science* professor as your final LOR. Most dental schools require two science professors and a dentist as a a minimum for LORs. Personally, I would trade your #1 (individual from a school clinic I worked at) and replace it with both the person from your community service AND professor.

Hello,

thank you

Hello,
I am curious if you know someone similar to your situation? Can you share their stories and what did they do?
The advice I have for you is to boost your science gpa by master program. It seems this is their favorite advice to all applicants. I also heard the individual section for DAT matters. I have similar story as yours having RC 15. So I retook to improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.