WesternU College of Dental Medicine Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

whoopsies, it’s WesternU but i copy pasted my comment from marquette’s thread forgot to edit

i applied mid july!
Congratulations!
Do you have any emails from school before the interview?

Is the interview date January 2023?

Congratulations!
Do you have any emails from school before the interview?

Is the interview date January 2023?
I had a couple of emails just telling me that they received my application and was still looking over it, and I am going to be interviewing january 2023

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I had a couple of emails just telling me that they received my application and was still looking over it, and I am going to be interviewing january 2023
That’s crazy! Does that mean they filled their class? Why January.

Anyone interviewing from out of state in January? Who wants to split a hotel room? message me in private if you are interested.

Received the "Application Still with Committee" email for the 3rd time this morning:(

Does anyone know how many offers they send out if they’re trying to fill 70 seats?

Members don't see this ad :)
lmao, did anyone else receive the email saying you should start your application even its sent in?
1668031944262.png

Did everyone else get the "Apply to the WesternU Board of Trustees Scholarship" email?

Reactions: 4 users
Interview #1
School:
WesternU
Notification date: 9/15
Method of notification: Email
Residency: IS
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/25
Application complete date: 8/26
GPA (science, overall): 4.00, 3.95
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 25AA/25TS/22PAT/21RC/ None under 17.
Dates available: Used to be available for 10/14, but did not confirm the date because of lacking a passport picture to submit. Then I was pushed back to 11/4 to interview:(.
Method of interview: In person only
hey just wondering how was your interview. how did it go?

I just received another email stating that my application is still with the committee.. :( Waiting is so hard. I also submitted my secondary pretty late...9/1 so that's probably why. Anyone else still waiting?

I just received another email stating that my application is still with the committee.. :( Waiting is so hard. I also submitted my secondary pretty late...9/1 so that's probably why. Anyone else still waiting?
Yeah, I am still waiting. I have got that same email for about 4 times. I don’t know whether its a good thing or not but I believe its better than a rejection.

Yeah, I am still waiting. I have got that same email for about 4 times. I don’t know whether its a good thing or not but I believe its better than a rejection.
That's basically the hope I'm holding onto. Western is actually my top pick because I do community outreach near their campus and have fallen in love with the community. I've received the email 4 times as well.

That's basically the hope I'm holding onto. Western is actually my top pick because I do community outreach near their campus and have fallen in love with the community. I've received the email 4 times as well.
Thanks, y'all! I hope you both hear from Western soon!

Reactions: 1 users
Will WesternU continue to send out acceptance tomorrow?
Called them today, and they said the first round of acceptances were out. So the next wave will begin when there are student who didn't reserve their spot from deposit.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I had an interview last month but haven't heard anything yet, does that mean I got rejected? TIA

Hey guys, I had an interview last month but haven't heard anything yet, does that mean I got rejected? TIA

We are on the same boat. I feel anxious when they didn’t send any information (accept, deny, waitlist, or at least no decision). I signed on the school portal to hope see any update but it announced the school was in Winter Break from Dec 16 .
Did anyone get an email for waitlist or rejection?

We are on the same boat. I feel anxious when they didn’t send any information (accept, deny, waitlist, or at least no decision). I signed on the school portal to hope see any update but it announced the school was in Winter Break from Dec 16 .
Did anyone get an email for waitlist or rejection?
Yea same here, hope we will get some updates soon :(

Is there a facebook group/groupme yet?

Received the "This email is to let you know that your application is still with the College of Dental Medicine Admissions Committee." email for the 6th time this morning, is this some unofficial interview waitlist? Can anyone give insight on this? Thank you!

Received the "This email is to let you know that your application is still with the College of Dental Medicine Admissions Committee." email for the 6th time this morning, is this some unofficial interview waitlist? Can anyone give insight on this? Thank you!
it means they still have your application and you haven't been rejected...

Got a call today to see If I can fill a last minute interview slot this week. Couldn’t do it so they said they’ll send me an email to schedule an interview later. They’re still sending interviews everyone there’s hope

Last year I got that email like 5 times and never got an interview. It is better than a rejection but it means they are still looking at your application.

Got a call today to see If I can fill a last minute interview slot this week. Couldn’t do it so they said they’ll send me an email to schedule an interview later. They’re still sending interviews everyone there’s hope
Mind sharing your stats?

Does anyone know when their last interview is?

Reactions: 1 users
Mid February is the last one!
Oh ty! Do you know the exact date by any chance?

Edit: I just asked the admissions office about it and they told me that interviews are on the 3rd and 24th in February. So probably the 24th is the last one.

Last edited:
Oh ty! Do you know the exact date by any chance?

Edit: I just asked the admissions office about it and they told me that interviews are on the 3rd and 24th in February. So probably the 24th is the last one.
Yeah they apparently have been calling people asking them to interview so be prepared to come last minute and IN PERSON. Because some people got invited 2 days before the interview! There’s hope!!