***The Official WesternU Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone heard from WesternU by any chance?
Nope, only got an email that they received my supplemental and have everything marked as received on their portal, but haven't heard anything since

Members don't see this ad.

Nope, only got an email that they received my supplemental and have everything marked as received on their portal, but haven't heard anything since

Hmm... I didn't get that email but I do have everything marked as received on their portal as well.

Hmm... I didn't get that email but I do have everything marked as received on their portal as well.
I got it like literally the second I pressed submit and actually I guess not technically an "application complete" email.... just says they have received the supplemental, but they won't start reviewing or verifying until they receive my payment.
Regardless, if you have the check marks on the portal I'm sure you're fine!

Members don't see this ad :)
Okey doke! I'm just insanely curious lol. I've been keeping in contact with WesternU since mid May so the timing is just extremely nerve-wracking.

When did u guys submit your secondary application for WesternU? 2 of mine are still unmarked. :(

Reactions: 1 user
I submitted mine on the 12th of July and still have unmarked sections as well!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I had the last two things unmarked until my committee letter was submitted to AADSAS 7/20; and all my sections became checked off 7/21.

I applied there 6/23.

Anyone has the same situation as me: There is a check mark on the CAS application, but they did not get the required letter of recommendation? I thought those rec letter was part of the CAS application, and my rec letter was submitted to ADEA AADSAS even before I submit the AADSAS application.

Hopefully make senses, hahah.

Anyone has the same situation as me: There is a check mark on the CAS application, but they did not get the required letter of recommendation? I thought those rec letter was part of the CAS application, and my rec letter was submitted to ADEA AADSAS even before I submit the AADSAS application.

Mine looks exactly the same. I'm pretty confused about this as well.

I called my WesternU assigned advisor last week, and she told me that the reccomendation letters and processing "check marks" in their portal are not done automatically. She said it takes around 4 weeks from the time you submit your AADSAS, for those items to be marked as complete (If they are complete). I submitted my AADSAS 6/29, and I have not have had these checked off either though.

Has anyone received an interview invite from WesternU by the way?

Reactions: 1 users
I submitted my AADSAS about two weeks ago and all the items are checked off for me.

I think WesternU is more lenient with grades and DAT scores for in state residents from what I've heard.

Submitted my primary first week of June and secondary first week of July and 3/4 of my items are still unchecked :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Submitted my primary first week of June and secondary first week of July and 3/4 of my items are still unchecked :(

maybe call your assigned advisor.

Hey Guys
So I submitted my secondary application along with the fee and the prerequisite worksheet on July, 18th. However, the Status still says NONE on AADSAS. Anyone else has the same issue or is this normal?

Thank you

Hey Guys
So I submitted my secondary application along with the fee and the prerequisite worksheet on July, 18th. However, the Status still says NONE on AADSAS. Anyone else has the same issue or is this normal?

Thank you
I submitted everything by early July and AADSAS still says none. But if I go into their portal, everything is checked.
I think they just prefer using their own website over AADSAS

Has anyone heard from WesternU by any chance?

They still haven't received my application materials, meh it's the waiting game right now I guess.

Enrollment data services emailed me back saying:

Please be advised that we have just started processing AADSAS applications, as there was a delay in our end since we switched to a new system. We hope to have all applications loaded into our system and processed by next week.

Reactions: 2 users
For the question "Have you attended a formal post baccalaureate program?" on the supplemental, does a Master's program count as a post baccalaureate program?

For the question "Have you attended a formal post baccalaureate program?" on the supplemental, does a Master's program count as a post baccalaureate program?

Post-Bacc programs are not the same as masters as you don't earn a degree from a post-Bacc program.

Best of luck

Post-Bacc programs are not the same as masters as you don't earn a degree from a post-Bacc program.

Best of luck

Hmm, actually this is the response that I got from the school:
"Thank you for your email! There are some differences in how the two graduate programs are categorized, but we have clarified this with the college and yes a Master’s program is considered a formal post bac program for the purposes of our secondary application.

Please list your formal Master’s program information, when answering that question on the supplemental."

I also was pretty sure that a Master's isn't the same thing as a post-bacc. but because of that email I listed where I got my Master's :shrug:
Don't think it's a big deal though haha

Do people still have things unchecked on their portal service? I only have CAS application checked off, and I submitted my application on July 6th.

Do people still have things unchecked on their portal service? I only have CAS application checked off, and I submitted my application on July 6th.
Yeah I do too and I submitted my app around that time as well. I called them and they said they're still working on it and to hang tight until they can catch up.

Do you guys know how their OOS acceptance is?

Here is the data for OOS interviews and enrolled. They are private so they shouldn't have an in-state preference but it does seem like they actually interview/enroll more in-state but that might be due to travel costs more than anything else.

Screenshot 2017-08-22 at 2.11.57 PM.png

School: Western
Notification date: 8/24
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
Application received date (WesternU Portal Checklist): 7/14
Interview Date: 10/7
GPA (science, overall) 3.74, 3.78
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 24/ TS 22/ PAT 20/ RC 23/ QR 27 none below 17

Career changer (high school teacher for 5 years), 900+ hours of dental shadowing, no research experience

Last edited:
congrats ! what time did you get it and when did you submit your app ?

Got the email at 4:44 pm (California) and I submitted my apps June 15th! Good luck to everyone, don't lose hope you got this

School: Western
Notification date: 08/24
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
GPA (science, overall) 3.74, 3.73
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 21/ TS 22/ PAT 22/ RC 18/ QR 22 none below 17

100+ shadowing experience, 100+ community service, two years as officer for pre-dental organization

Interview #2! Keep the faith everyone!

Woah.. congrats on the interviews everyone! Does Western not send "ready to/ under review" emails?

Woah.. congrats on the interviews everyone! Does Western not send "ready to/ under review" emails?

Doesn't seem like it. They also prefer their own portal over AADSAS. Don't worry, your time will come!

Congrats to everyone who got interviews!! For those of you who did, when was your app processed by Enrollment Data Services (in WesternU's portal)?

Is this all the information needed, or am I missing an upload? Also, did we have to email the CAS application directly to western, or just upload it onto this portal?

Screen Shot 2017-08-24 at 10.58.05 PM.png

Last edited:
10/7 interview peeps! I'm hella excited about this one!! western DMD program is on the come up!! I've met with admissions counslors here + Dr. turchi during my undergrad severallll times and have been in connnnnstant contact with them since. I think it's payed off, cuz my stats deff aren't the best. I also have a unique story, which might of made me stand out.

DAT: scores vary between 17-19
oGPA: 3.3
(Cali resident)

LETSGOOOOO IM SO PUMPED!!!

Reactions: 1 users

Hey caloc,
Are items still unchecked in your case?

My 2 items of mine are still unchecked. Does anybody else have the same problem? I have called. I don't know what to do at this point?

Status
Not open for further replies.