***The Official USC Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone get an acceptance email today?

Members don't see this ad.

Declining my acceptance! Another spot for one of you open. :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
for those of you who were called to interview in late February and early march.. when did you submit your AADSAS application?

for those of you who were called to interview in late February and early march.. when did you submit your AADSAS application?

I submitted mine July 2nd and on Jan 6th I got an email that my application had undergone the first review.

Got a confirmation and went under review 9/12. App mailed 7/8 and got a continued review/status update email 1/6

Does anyone know if all of the Health Requirements for Matriculating Students must be done before Day 1 of classes?

Trying to set up appointments for updating immunizations (most of which are available through CVS), but getting the corresponding tests done by my provider might take a while to get the appointment since that Hep B immunization can take months to get done in the first place.

If not, could we just get most of them done at the USC health center once a student?

Does anyone know if all of the Health Requirements for Matriculating Students must be done before Day 1 of classes?

Trying to set up appointments for updating immunizations (most of which are available through CVS), but getting the corresponding tests done by my provider might take a while to get the appointment since that Hep B immunization can take months to get done in the first place.

If not, could we just get most of them done at the USC health center once a student?

As far as I know, they are requirements that need to be done prior to matriculation. If you don't think you'll be able to get them done before orientation week, I'd call them and work something out. Thankfully we have about 6 months until orientation week. Good luck! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I was just notified that I got accepted for the HPSP through the Navy! Looks like I will actually be able to attend USC! :)

Reactions: 1 users
I heard from someone who recently went in for an interview that USC has only filled in half their seats. Thought I would share some good news :)

Did anyone get any acceptance offer yesterday from USC?

I have a feeling they're going to send out acceptances this Friday.

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats on your recent interview guys!!! Would you mind sharing your stats? :)

I interviewed last week and I completed my application Nov 3 (super late, I know..)
Here are my stats:
GPA: 3.0
DAT: AA 18, TS 19, None below 17

I honestly have no idea how I even got an interview with my stats and the fact that I applied so late. There's hope y'all :)

I interviewed last week and I completed my application Nov 3 (super late, I know..)
Here are my stats:

I honestly have no idea how I even got an interview with my stats and the fact that I applied so late. There's hope y'all :)
That's awesome, congratulations! Did they happen to mention at your interview when they will be sending out more acceptances?

That's awesome, congratulations! Did they happen to mention at your interview when they will be sending out more acceptances?
They didn't tell us that information, unfortunately :( All they told us is that we might not hear back until August. Other than that, they pretty much just told us to be patient. I asked how the candidates are ranked but they said they don't give away that information. The suspense is killing me >.<

Here are my stats:

This gives me life! A fellow late applicant. I'm REALLY hoping they interview into March

This gives me life! A fellow late applicant. I'm REALLY hoping they interview into March
This was written in the post-interview document we received.

"The Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry uses a system of rolling admissions whereby interviewing and ranking of candidates continues through May and acceptances are extended continuously from December until the class is filled in late August. Such a system respects our February 1 application deadline and allows the applicant who is interviewed later in the cycle to be equitably added into the ranking system."

There's still a chance for those waiting for an interview! :)

They didn't tell us that information, unfortunately :( All they told us is that we might not hear back until August. Other than that, they pretty much just told us to be patient. I asked how the candidates are ranked but they said they don't give away that information. The suspense is killing me >.<

Good luck to you both! I am hoping they send out some more good news soon!

That makes me so happy to hear. I screwed myself over by having a fully complete application in late December (I wrote the Canadian DAT in November). Crossing my fingers, toes etc. forever. I have family in Southern California and it would be amazing to get an interview.

I just gave up my seat here, so hopefully you all will have more good news to look forward to soon.

I just gave up my seat here, so hopefully you all will have more good news to look forward to soon.
Just wondering, when did you interview and when did you get an acceptance? Thank you btw :) Good luck with which ever school you decided to go!

A whole 3 weeks with no acceptances?! Praying for Monday?

Hang in there guys! :)

Hang in there guys! :)
Thanks. I wish everyone the best of luck. I know this is one of the hardest things to go through, but at least in the end we endure all of this to help other people. So its worth the wait.

Reactions: 2 users
Just wondering, when did you interview and when did you get an acceptance? Thank you btw :) Good luck with which ever school you decided to go!

I interviewed the first week of November and I had heard back mid-January, so there was actually quite a bit of wait time in my own experience. I was debating putting down a deposit to extend consideration time until mid-April but decided against that. And thank you!!

I interview Feb 15th and I emailed Applicant contact form last week but haven't got any confirmation email.. anyone with same situation?

I interview Feb 15th and I emailed Applicant contact form last week but haven't got any confirmation email.. anyone with same situation?
Hey, I got a confirmation email sent back when I emailed in my Applicant Contact Form. Maybe give them a call to double check that they received it? Hope that helps :)

I interviewed back in October and never got the confirmation email. I just e-mailed them right now asking if they received it and also attached the form again just in case... I can't call at the moment since I'm at work but I'll call tomorrow if they don't respond to my e-mail / if you haven't gotten a chance to call them.

Got my confirmation email this morning, maybe give it another day or so before calling in? I was at the same interview so we probably sent our contact forms at the same time

Try emailing them asking them if they received it and attach the form just in case. Weird you didn't get a quick response... I got mine hours after I sent it in.

Got my confirmation email this morning, maybe give it another day or so before calling in? I was at the same interview so we probably sent our contact forms at the same time
I interviewed in November and never got a applicant contact form,they emailed us something Called a post interview form,but we had to fa
Try emailing them asking them if they received it and attach the form just in case. Weird you didn't get a quick response... I got mine hours after I sent it in.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.