***The Official USC Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome, I'll do the same. Does anyone have any advice for the interview? From what I can glean from past threads it seems that its only a group interview and no one on one.
It's not an interview, it's a simulated PBL session. Before you start working on the case, a basket of questions is passed around twice. The questions are somewhat random and not too difficult to answer. I have no idea how they assess everyone but the only advice is be yourself and work as a group.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I was a really late applicant to USC (Dec 26th). My status is not yet rejected but not offered an interview. I read above that you think LOI or LORs can help at this point, would they get a notification that there is an update to my application?

I don't want to give up hope yet! USC is my #1 choice.

I was a really late applicant to USC (Dec 26th). My status is not yet rejected but not offered an interview. I read above that you think LOI or LORs can help at this point, would they get a notification that there is an update to my application?

I don't want to give up hope yet! USC is my #1 choice.
I think that if you want to send in anything either send to their admissions email or have the person writing an extra LOR send it to the email. That way they see it and can immediately put it in your file. I sent a letter and they responded to my email and then later on the phone told me that the committee is notified when a letter comes in.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview Nov 1o
Accepted via email Jan 23
Decline acceptance.

It's truly a fabulous school! I hope you will have good news soon!

Reactions: 2 users
I hope theres another wave today! Seems like the past couple have been on Mondays. So unpredictable!

I just declined my offer of a seat. Good luck to everyone! :)

Reactions: 2 users
UCLA! Go Bruins! Crosstown rivals. :p
I'm a bruin undergrad! Incredible school... but I'm ready to make that switch to Trojan town. Waitin for that acceptance! Congratulations on UCLA!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Someone pm'd me seeking advice for this dental school. I am NOT APPLYING, but I thought some people will appreciate this information I found on their website.https://dentistry.usc.edu/admission/information-sessions/

"Sessions are typically held the last Friday of each month, from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m."

https://dentistry.usc.edu/programs/dds/apply/
"DDS admissions interviews typically begin in October of each year and continue through April."

I hope that answers that possibility. You have a chance for an interview.

I think they are going to send the next batch of acceptances today... Or atleast I hope they will.
:)

But they already sent out acceptances for the month of Feb :oops:
Last year they sent out two acceptance waves. I hope they do the same this year. Some even got acceptanes in the afternoon. Ive been refreshing my email and aadsas nonstop today! ugh. Cant wait to be a trojan!

I hope they do too.. but I'm leaning more toward the end of the month. Hope everyone hear good news from them! :)

my money is on Friday or next Monday. The last two waves were spaced two weeks apart.

Reactions: 1 users
I got the Post-Interview email this morning interviewed 2/7, anyone else?

quick question. On the acceptance letter, it says
-------------
MANDATORY HEALTH SCREENING

As a precondition of enrollment, all accepted students are required to meet the School's health requirements. All potential students were provided with a complete, written copy of information regarding the School’s health requirements at the time of the interview. PLEASE REFER TO THE HEALTH REQUIREMENTS HANDOUT WHICH WAS PROVIDED AND WHICH ALL APPLICANTS SIGNED PRIOR TO THE INTERVIEW.

Enclosed is additional information about the health screening and immunization requirements for the University of Southern California and the Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry.
-------------
It's been a while for me.. and I don't remember health requirements handout. Was there one in the packet? or did we receive any? Also, "Enclosed is additional information about the health screening and immunization requirements for the University of Southern California and the Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry." This 'Enclosed' is talking about the handout?

Thanks in advance!

It's been a while for me.. and I don't remember health requirements handout. Was there one in the packet? or did we receive any? Also, "Enclosed is additional information about the health screening and immunization requirements for the University of Southern California and the Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry." This 'Enclosed' is talking about the handout?

Thanks in advance!

The email they sent when we were invited to interview had a Dropbox link. One of the 5 or 6 downloads there was all the health info they require. Good luck! :)

The email they sent when we were invited to interview had a Dropbox link. One of the 5 or 6 downloads there was all the health info they require. Good luck! :)
Thank you so much! :D

Just got an interview!

Just got an interview invite also!!!!

Has anyone gotten an acceptance today!?
No. Im hoping they are going to send them out around 515 but if not today then I hope Monday they will send the second wave of acceptances.

just scheduled an interview on 3/1. Anyone with me ?

Congrats to those who got interviews today! Could you let us know when your app was received/under review?

No. Im hoping they are going to send them out around 515 but if not today then I hope Monday they will send the second wave of acceptances.
I have a deposit due elsewhere at 2pm on Monday. I want to go here so bad and if I get in 3 hours after I pay $1500 to another school I may just die inside. But hey, worth it, right?

Congrats to those who got interviews today! Could you let us know when your app was received/under review?

Got a confirmation and went under review 9/12. App mailed 7/8 and got a continued review/status update email 1/6

Super tough decision for me, but I declined their offer. That means there's 1 extra spot open!

Recently received an interview invite and was wondering how long should my answers be for the secondary questions.
Thank you

Recently received an interview invite and was wondering how long should my answers be for the secondary questions.
Thank you
Generally I would fill it up with the space given, but that depends on the question.

I wrote 1-2 sentences for most of the simple questions on research, extracurricular activities, talents/special skills, etc. For the questions I found more important (dental experience, culture, volunteer), I answered with a paragraph or two. I think you'll be fine as long as you keep it concise and precise.

Good luck!

Generally I would fill it up with the space given, but that depends on the question.

I wrote 1-2 sentences for most of the simple questions on research, extracurricular activities, talents/special skills, etc. For the questions I found more important (dental experience, culture, volunteer), I answered with a paragraph or two. I think you'll be fine as long as you keep it concise and precise.

Good luck!
Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.