**The Official University of Minnesota Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone who interviewed in November receive a response today? They said not to be surprised if we didn't hear anything on Dec. 1st but I still was hoping to hear today.
My interview was on 11/6 and I got accepted. OOS & international

Members don't see this ad.

For everyone responding with acceptances, are you just abbreviating "provisional acceptance" or are they different emails?

Members don't see this ad :)
For those that were accepted, is someone making a Class of 2022 Facebook page???

Curious about this too
Being patient sucks but just hang tight. MN sends out as many acceptances as they have seats on december 1st many people will decline and then they will begin to fill those vacancies. Some of you will hear back in the coming weeks with an acceptance, others will hear back in a few days about waitlist.

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats to everyone that got in! For those of you that didn't hear back yet just be patient, there will be a lot of moving around between now and the first day of class. I got accepted on March 23rd, it was nerve racking, but I'm here. You could get a call at any time!

What’s the difference between acceptance and provisional acceptance? I receieved the provisional acceptance email and just wondering if everyone got the same email? I’d appreciate a response.
So essentially my understanding of what it means is that you are accepted. Yes. You are in. However, it is contingent on whether or not you maintain the standards the schools want from you. So if youre still in school, don't go full senioritis and bomb all your classes. Maintain a good academic average and dont get arrested. So if its the school youre planning to go to, you send in your deposit for the spot at that school and ride the roller coaster!

Congrats to everyone that got in! For those of you that didn't hear back yet just be patient, there will be a lot of moving around between now and the first day of class. I got accepted on March 23rd, it was nerve racking, but I'm here. You could get a call at any time!
So is there still hope for people who interviewed Pre-Dec? Looking at past forums it looks like if you had a Pre-Dec interview and didn't get in Dec 1 they don't get back to Pre-Dec people and let Post-Dec people in to fill in the remainder of the spots?

Members don't see this ad :)
If you all have any questions about the U of M you can ask me, but you should search for "SableFire" and ask em before you ask me. DM SableFire

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone hear anything about a waitlist? also, any out of state people turning down their acceptance?

Hey guys I e-mailed them about this about a week ago and they said:

If you did not receive an email stating that you were accepted, it does not mean that you were rejected. We offer admissions on a semi-rolling process after December 1, so you will still have the opportunity to receive an acceptance email.

Best of luck to everyone!

Reactions: 1 user
Hello fellow pre-dental/accepted students.
I was curious if anyone here was invited to the interview with AA 19?
Also, does anyone know, how many spots are there for diversity purposes?
Thank you!

Thank you!
Did not get AA>20 but have friends that had that and have been accepted and met students at Umn that Interviewed with me with that dat.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Did not get AA>20 but have friends that had that and have been accepted and met students at Umn that Interviewed with me with that dat.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Do they usually invite these candidates after January or is random? In my thinking, they invite based on high gpa and dat first and then go down the list.

Do they usually invite these candidates after January or is random? In my thinking, they invite based on high gpa and dat first and then go down the list.
I know a D1 and a D2 that were accepted with 19AA for them one received a Dec 1st acceptance and the other was accepted around February. I think for them it had to do with when they applied. The one accepted Dec. 1st applied early June and the other early August.

Thank you!
Truly if it's DAT score you're worried about, a 19 is pretty dang good as a general score. I interviewed and had a 17. Granted my acceptance chances aren't incredible due to this score. But it just kinda goes to show that a single aspect of your application being "bad" shouldn't hold your chances back. Is that what you were curious about? That your DAT wasn't good enough? I also have a classmate that got December 1st acceptance at Colorado with a 17.

I know a D1 and a D2 that were accepted with 19AA for them one received a Dec 1st acceptance and the other was accepted around February. I think for them it had to do with when they applied. The one accepted Dec. 1st applied early June and the other early August.
For the early August person, when did they interview if you don't mind me asking?

For the early August person, when did they interview if you don't mind me asking?
I got my app on August 31 and interviewed October 30. I’m not sure if when you interview plays a factor or not compared to your “spot” in the line of applications.

Truly if it's DAT score you're worried about, a 19 is pretty dang good as a general score. I interviewed and had a 17. Granted my acceptance chances aren't incredible due to this score. But it just kinda goes to show that a single aspect of your application being "bad" shouldn't hold your chances back. Is that what you were curious about? That your DAT wasn't good enough? I also have a classmate that got December 1st acceptance at Colorado with a 17.

Thank you for replaying.
Do you thinking having 15 on reading comprehension is determinate for denial of an application?

Being in the US for six years and learning English for six years have led me to get 15 on reading comprehension. Do they consider that, in your opinion or is it like, meh who cares?
Thank you for responses!

Being in the US for six years and learning English for six years have led me to get 15 on reading comprehension. Do they consider that, in your opinion or is it like, meh who cares?
Thank you for responses!
I definitely think they take that into consideration, especially if you mentioned things like that in your diversity statement and personal statement. I can only imagine how hard that'd be. But regarding the score, I wouldnt say that, it is terrible, most schools focus a lot on science stuff. Like my first time taking it I got a 15 on ochem (granted I was testing while I had pneumonia Iol, so slowly dying at the keyboard while trying to focus.) So they usually say 15 is the absolute lowest they will consider. But with your circumstances I would assume some leniency.

I definitely think they take that into consideration, especially if you mentioned things like that in your diversity statement and personal statement. I can only imagine how hard that'd be. But regarding the score, I wouldnt say that, it is terrible, most schools focus a lot on science stuff. Like my first time taking it I got a 15 on ochem (granted I was testing while I had pneumonia Iol, so slowly dying at the keyboard while trying to focus.) So they usually say 15 is the absolute lowest they will consider. But with your circumstances I would assume some leniency.

Thank you for the response.
Have you retake the test to improve? Or you were able to get in to the school with that score?

Thank you for responses!
One low section score isn't the end of the world. Just focus on making other parts of your application strong.

Last edited:
Thank you for the response.
Have you retake the test to improve? Or you were able to get in to the school with that score?
I took it to improve mainly. I unfortunately focused too much on my poorer subjects and didn't focus much on the others, which was definitely a bad thing to do lol. And I haven't yet been accepted, definitely hoping this year is the one!

What is with the acceptance letter... So what exactly do I have to do in 30 days? I already graduated last spring... so the only thing is the $1500 deposit right? Because the letter also says something about background test and immunization....

What is with the acceptance letter... So what exactly do I have to do in 30 days? I already graduated last spring... so the only thing is the $1500 deposit right? Because the letter also says something about background test and immunization....
1000$ due on December 31, 500$ due sometime in February? After they receive the 1000$ deposit and sheet saying that you accept they will send more information about immunization ETC.

1000$ due on December 31, 500$ due sometime in February? After they receive the 1000$ deposit and sheet saying that you accept they will send more information about immunization ETC.
thanks dood. How long does it take admin to accept my fb group request? oh yea, and how about transcripts?

thanks dood. How long does it take admin to accept my fb group request? oh yea, and how about transcripts?
Shoot me a personal message on here with your name and I will add you as a friend on facebook and then add you to the facebook group that way if the Admin person hasn't added you by now! As far as transcripts go, they "are due early summer" so maybe like June? If you are done with all your coursework I would just send them all in, if you're graduating or still in a program send them in in May. I heard that Minnesota is really good at reminding you when things are due. So for now just worry about reserving your seat with the $1,000!

Thank you for responses!

I honestly think you should retake DAT and improve your reading. Don't get me wrong I totally understand your situation and I'm international as well. I took DAT 3 times, I'm a re-applicant, my reading went from 16 to 26, and I believe this retake was critical. It is hard when you are competing with applicants whose first language is English, but this is not a good excuse; admission staffs want to see how you overcome this difficulty, proving you are capable of doing well in this intense 4-year program. There are other international applicants who have similar situations, similar experiences, but have better reading scores. I think you should try your best to prepare as much as possible, and increase your chance. Best of luck!

I honestly think you should retake DAT and improve your reading. Don't get me wrong I totally understand your situation and I'm international as well. I took DAT 3 times, I'm a re-applicant, my reading went from 16 to 26, and I believe this retake was critical. It is hard when you are competing with applicants whose first language is English, but this is not a good excuse; admission staffs want to see how you overcome this difficulty, proving you are capable of doing well in this intense 4-year program. There are other international applicants who have similar situations, similar experiences, but have better reading scores. I think you should try your best to prepare as much as possible, and increase your chance. Best of luck!

Good point,
Thank you!

samrr: how did you improve your reading comprehension?

samrr: how did you improve your reading comprehension?

I did all the DAT reading practice tests I could possibly find (have to purchase some of them online), time myself and get used to the pace. Other than these I just read... Scientific journal, biomedical news, books, random story, blog, and even history... If English is your second language and you are not a bio major, definitely spend time learning some vocabularies. I remembered reading a lot of staffs about medical ethics, and one of my articles in DAT was something about ethics and I was very familiar with the topic.

MY GOD!!! why is this school so expensive for OOS?

Ridiculously expensive. I was really disappointed with the price. I didn't realize how high it was until I got to my interview. It's quite unfortunate as I like the school but don't think it's economically practical for OOS.

Aw shoot...not good news?? I'm a reapplicant and I applied to 18 schools but only interviewed here so I'm hoping to get on the waitlist :nailbiting:
Oh I’m sorry I thought you meant anyone who interviewed not heard anything. I haven’t heard anything!

Aw shoot...not good news?? I'm a reapplicant and I applied to 18 schools but only interviewed here so I'm hoping to get on the waitlist :nailbiting:

I applied to 17 schools and this is my only interview as well lol.

Can I send my tuition deposit via USPS priority mail? I want to make sure my check and acceptance form is received and gets there on time.

Can I send my tuition deposit via USPS priority mail? I want to make sure my check and acceptance form is received and gets there on time.
Yeah, that wouldn't be a bad idea. I am pretty sure it just has to be postmarked before December 31st!

Status
Not open for further replies.