**The Official University of Minnesota Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.

sake

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Still working on supplemental haha good luck!!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
very surprised they are already sending out invites! submitted my secondary today. any ideas how long they interview for???

For those that have gotten interviews, has MN emailed you back after you emailed them to confirm the date they gave you?
Not yet. I think they will start replying maybe Monday? I received the invite late Friday, so I think it would be sometime next week.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard back from the admissions office with additional details about the interview?

In the email we were sent it says: "Research Scholarship offer letters will be sent out in conjunction with offers of acceptance to our dental school (as per AADSAS deadlines) and will only be sent to students to whom we are offering acceptance."
So if you apply for the pre-D1 summer research program, is it still possible to be accepted into the dental school without being accepted into the research program? Or if they choose not to accept you into the research program, does this also mean they flat out rejection from the school as well?

Good luck to all of you! If you have any questions regarding the application/interview process feel free to PM me. I'll be starting as a D1 here this August

Reactions: 1 users
I don't undestand the "File Access Rights" part of the supplemental. Why would I want someone to access my completed application?

*Edit*
NEVERMIND. Wrong forum ha. Not sure how to delete this post XD

Please comment on lessons learned and how these experiences influenced your decision to pursue a career in dentistry. Limit of 6000 characters.

This is mentioned in my personal statement :arghh:
How much did you guys write for this one? This is the worse supplemental ever!!

Please comment on lessons learned and how these experiences influenced your decision to pursue a career in dentistry. Limit of 6000 characters.

This is mentioned in my personal statement :arghh:
How much did you guys write for this one? This is the worse supplemental ever!!
I talked about other lessons I learned that didn't relate to what i discussed in my personal statement. Think about aspects of dentistry that surprised/interested you while you shadowed or did other dental activities and talk about them.

I talked about other lessons I learned that didn't relate to what i discussed in my personal statement. Think about aspects of dentistry that surprised/interested you while you shadowed or did other dental activities and talk about them.

Thanks! I'm gonna have to just suck it up and write this today after work lol.

For those of you that have already gotten interviews, could you please share your stats if you don't mind? Thanks!!

Thanks! I'm gonna have to just suck it up and write this today after work lol.

For those of you that have already gotten interviews, could you please share your stats if you don't mind? Thanks!!
I got one on Friday see my signature for stats! @redhotchiligochu Do you mind sharing your experience at the interview last year? =D

I got one on Friday see my signature for stats! @redhotchiligochu Do you mind sharing your experience at the interview last year? =D
I found the the interview day to be quite enjoyable--they take you through a tour of the campus, offer breakfast and lunch, and you get a chance to interact with some of the students. The interview itself is quite tough and I cannot delve on any specifics, but you will be given specific directions on how to go through the interview process. Hope this helps!

Reactions: 1 user
I found the the interview day to be quite enjoyable--they take you through a tour of the campus, offer breakfast and lunch, and you get a chance to interact with some of the students. The interview itself is quite tough and I cannot delve on any specifics, but you will be given specific directions on how to go through the interview process. Hope this helps!
Yess super helpful! I sent them the confirmation email so hopefully I get a reply with tentative schedules! Thank you so much! =)

I submitted AADSAS application on July 22nd and I submitted the U of Minnesota Supplemental Application on August 7th. I received an interview via email on August 14th.

Stats:
DAT:
PAT: 19
QRT: 19
RCT: 21
BIO: 21
GCHEM: 21
OCHEM: 23
TS: 22
AA: 21

GPA: 3.98

Reactions: 1 users
Just finished my interview! Loved the school, and it was nice meeting some people on these forums in person!
I am going to have my interview on Wednesday next week. Just a quick question, is the interview closed-file with two faculties? Thanks in advance.

Reactions: 1 user
I am going to have my interview on Wednesday next week. Just a quick question, is the interview closed-file with two faculties? Thanks in advance.
Two very nice faculty members, so don't be nervous! I know that's easier said than done but seriously - I felt like the interview was very laid back.

Two very nice faculty members, so don't be nervous! I know that's easier said than done but seriously - I felt like the interview was very laid back.
Thank you so much! I am going through the list of standardized behavioral questions. Hopefully I can make my story more interesting. Good luck with rest of your interviews!

Status
Not open for further replies.