**The Official University of Minnesota Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you elaborate on why Minnesota wasn't laid back?
Hi! I interviewed here last month and I thought the atmosphere was pretty laid back! The faculty members that I had were very nice and conversational, but I definitely agree with the intensive situational questions. If you look on the UMN page on here, I think it prepares you fairly well. It really wasn't a high stress environment, just know your experiences well and you'll do great :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! I interviewed here last month and I thought the atmosphere was pretty laid back! The faculty members that I had were very nice and conversational, but I definitely agree with the intensive situational questions. If you look on the UMN page on here, I think it prepares you fairly well. It really wasn't a high stress environment, just know your experiences well and you'll do great :)
Oh yeah for sure. The atmosphere was great, faculty, and our student guides were so nice! The day was great! Only intense part was the actual interview. Other than that, they made you feel very welcomed! I tried to prepare a lot thinking of situations but you really can’t know what they’ll ask haha.

So is it true that all questions are "Tell me a time when..." If so, then this is gonna be tough!

Members don't see this ad :)

What UMN page are you referring to?

Yes. And although I “prepared” I answered with the first thing that came to mind ugh lol
Did you prepare by looking at the SDN interview question page for U of MN? They give past questions that were asked. Not sure if they’re still applicable.

Reactions: 1 user
How many of you who were in-state received have an interview so far? I’ve heard MN tries to fill their OOS students first and then fills their in-state. Haven’t heard much from any fellow in-staters

How many of you who were in-state received have an interview so far? I’ve heard MN tries to fill their OOS students first and then fills their in-state. Haven’t heard much from any fellow in-staters

I had an interview here today. I'm in state. I was thinking the same thing-- that they fill up their OOS first. I think 12 people interviewed today, I believe 8 of those were OOS.

Basically all situational questions, but it was a laid back atmosphere. Seemed like they wanted you to be comfortable. Very nice of them to provide breakfast and lunch-- that is, if you can eat and not just push food around your plate before your interview.

I had an interview here today. I'm in state. I was thinking the same thing-- that they fill up their OOS first. I think 12 people interviewed today, I believe 8 of those were OOS.

Basically all situational questions, but it was a laid back atmosphere. Seemed like they wanted you to be comfortable. Very nice of them to provide breakfast and lunch-- that is, if you can eat and not just push food around your plate before your interview.

I appreciate the feedback! Of course, being from MN this is my top choice. Do you mind sharing your stats?

Received an interview invite for December 11! :) Really excited

Reactions: 2 users
I interviewed here a few weeks ago and was extremely impressed with the facilities and environment. The problem is that I’m out of state and the tuition the last 3 years is absolutely insane being at 125k each year. I remember them mentioning that they do, in fact, give out scholarship to OOS students. Does anyone know how many students receive scholarships and how much? I remember one of them being that OOS students pay IS tuition but don’t remember how many they give out.

Let me know if you guys have any idea! (Hoping for good news on Dec 1 as well).

I interviewed here a few weeks ago and was extremely impressed with the facilities and environment. The problem is that I’m out of state and the tuition the last 3 years is absolutely insane being at 125k each year. I remember them mentioning that they do, in fact, give out scholarship to OOS students. Does anyone know how many students receive scholarships and how much? I remember one of them being that OOS students pay IS tuition but don’t remember how many they give out.

Let me know if you guys have any idea! (Hoping for good news on Dec 1 as well).

I think they said they have 1 spot for the oos into instate tuition. The tuition there is actually ridiculous. They add on another 30k for summer sessions and they are the only school I have seen do that.... Its sad because I really liked the school and the location

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought the exact same thing. That tuition for OOS is killing me.
I think they said they have 1 spot for the oos into instate tuition. The tuition there is actually ridiculous. They add on another 30k for summer sessions and they are the only school I have seen do that.... Its sad because I really liked the school and the location

I believe they said 3 spots.

Has anyone from the November 3rd interview session received a yay/nay email yet?

Last edited:
Has anyone from the November 3rd interview session received a yay/nay email yet?
Do you mean acceptances/rejections? 'cause the schools are only allowed to do that on December 1st.

Do you mean acceptances/rejections? 'cause the schools are only allowed to do that on December 1st.
got invite for interview for January. I am very happy bcs in December I have to study for finals.
this is my 4th interview invite so I am quite happy.
Howevere I hope I will be acepted in December by one of the schools that I already interviewed at. I hate waiting for a decision.
I am OOS as well.

In State!
For all Canadians: McGill Dental school costs Canadian$ 12k per year and if you get government loan you get your dental degree for free.
Cons: if you r not from Quebec then 400 applicants for 8 spots. Ha, Ha

McGill Dental school in Canada costs Canadian$ 12k per year and if you get government loan you get your dental degree for free.
Cons: if you r not from Quebec then 400 applicants for 8 spots. Ha, Ha

Hey everyone, starting to prepare for my interview and I know this question gets asked a lot, but any recommendations or things I should look out for? The main thing I'm concerned about is that they'll ask about my lower science GPA.

Hey everyone, starting to prepare for my interview and I know this question gets asked a lot, but any recommendations or things I should look out for? The main thing I'm concerned about is that they'll ask about my lower science GPA.

Its a closed file interview, so they won't ask you anything about your GPA

Thanks!!!
Did anyone complete the Research Fellowship Program form before the interview?
Is it mandatory ?
I do not want to do this research this summer but don't want to look not competitive.
If you already interviewed at U of M please advise.

Accepted OOS and received the research scholarship!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

YEAH! Accepted! International with US green card! It's 4AM now what a night!

Congrats guys!! Has anyone heard anything besides acceptances?

Congrats for the acceptances! So I was curious, for people (like me lol) that didn't receive something this morning, is there a way to tell if you are waitlisted or outright denied? I know the UMN does like rolling admissions of sorts. Can anyone shed some light on what people who weren't accepted right away can look for?

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats for the acceptances! So I was curious, for people (like me lol) that didn't receive something this morning, is there a way to tell if you are waitlisted or outright denied? I know the UMN does like rolling admissions of sorts. Can anyone shed some light on what people who weren't accepted right away can look for?
Curious about this too

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted, in state! Congrats to everyone else who did too! This is my first choice, so I'll see you next fall!

Anyone who interviewed in November receive a response today? They said not to be surprised if we didn't hear anything on Dec. 1st but I still was hoping to hear today.

Status
Not open for further replies.