**The Official University of Minnesota Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much! I am going through the list of standardized behavioral questions. Hopefully I can make my story more interesting. Good luck with rest of your interviews!
Make sure you don't script anything otherwise it'll sound unauthentic. Just think about events in your life and how you can apply what you've learned from those events to various questions.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, so i'm in a giant pickle. I'm 20 y/o and the hotel that i was supposed to stay at tonight won't allow me to check in because of their 21 & older policy. I was wondering if anybody had a place I could crash at with them? I am willing to pay half/(whatever percent you want me to pay) of your hotel fee. I'm just kind of desperate right now which is why I'm asking on SDN. Thanks again and if anybody knows anybody, please lmk!

Hey guys, so i'm in a giant pickle. I'm 20 y/o and the hotel that i was supposed to stay at tonight won't allow me to check in because of their 21 & older policy. I was wondering if anybody had a place I could crash at with them? I am willing to pay half/(whatever percent you want me to pay) of your hotel fee. I'm just kind of desperate right now which is why I'm asking on SDN. Thanks again and if anybody knows anybody, please lmk!

If you don't find anyone, look into airbnb! You can pay with your parents card on there and you don't have to be over 21. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you don't find anyone, look into airbnb! You can pay with your parents card on there and you don't have to be over 21. Sorry I can't be of more help.
Thanks for the suggestion! I've tried contacted multiple airbnbs but none have responded to me yet =/

Airbnb is a good option. Just look at their customer reviews and pick the one closer to school. Good luck with your interview.

Reactions: 1 user
I will arrive on Tuesday night. Sorry I can not help you out now.

3rd interview invite. Not too bad as a Canadian student, eh?
Any idea what to expect for the interview?

Interview #3
School: Minnesota
Notification date: 08/30
Method of notification: email
Residency: British Columbia
Application complete date: 6/27
GPA (science, overall) ~3.7 sGPA/~3.7 oGPA
CDAT (AA/PAT/Reading): 21/22/23

Members don't see this ad :)
Received an interview yesterday! I coincidentally checked me AADSAS status about an hour before I got the email and it had changed from App. Complete to Under Review. So I'm assuming once it gets put under review then you'll hear back pretty quickly.

Is anybody else sweating at the cost of hotels? I just called the Commons Hotel and they gave me an estimate of $197 per night with the Visitor Rate :(

Is anybody else sweating at the cost of hotels? I just called the Commons Hotel and they gave me an estimate of $197 per night with the Visitor Rate :(
Find a place 10 miles farther out and use hotels.com. You'll find deals around $90/night or less. Or you can airbnb. The Commons is overrated IMO

interview invite today, OOS. so so excited and grateful!!!! :love:

Reactions: 1 users
Have you gotten any more interviews? Have low GPA also but good DAT and still waiting to get an invite somewhere :(
No, I have not. Hang in there, it is still relatively early! Some schools haven't even sent out interviews yet.

UMN is awesome. If you're invited for an interview, you have a very high chance of being accepted. I had subpar stats and I got accepted here last spring, and I'm able to keep up with the schoolwork here at UMN (as a D1 lol)

Reactions: 3 users
UMN is awesome. If you're invited for an interview, you have a very high chance of being accepted. I had subpar stats and I got accepted here last spring, and I'm able to keep up with the schoolwork here at UMN (as a D1 lol)

What were your stats?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Anyone going to oct. 12 interview date?

hey guys, how long did it take for this school to get back to you?

from the time i sent in my secondary to my interview invite was about 2 weeks i think

What is this "standardized behavior questions" is there a doc with a list of possible question?

Interview received. Anyone know how difficult it is to claim residency for Minnesota? I've attended college in the state and am living off campus this past year, paying my own bills. Anyone have a clue?

Interview received. Anyone know how difficult it is to claim residency for Minnesota? I've attended college in the state and am living off campus this past year, paying my own bills. Anyone have a clue?
Very difficult to impossible. You need to have lived in Minnesota since high school at the latest. There's even a state bylaw specifically stating that if you're moving to MN primarily for educational purposes, then you won't be granted in-state tuition. Obviously attending part-time would be a loophole for this law, but U of M School of Dentistry only accepts full-time students.

Hi, I know i'm late to the application but I have a quick question. On the supplemental picture, did you guys go take a passport picture or uploaded one of your own pictures?

Hi, I know i'm late to the application but I have a quick question. On the supplemental picture, did you guys go take a passport picture or uploaded one of your own pictures?
I took a semi-professional selfie with no tie. They simply want to recognize your face during the interview so it doesn't matter what picture you use

Just got my OOS invite-

GPA (science, overall) 3.3, 3.4
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 23

They scheduled my interview for me on Nov 10th.

Reactions: 1 users
Just got my OOS invite-

GPA (science, overall) 3.3, 3.4
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 23

They scheduled my interview for me on Nov 10th.
Congrats! Thanks for sharing your stats. When did you submit the aadsas and supplemental applications?

Interview next week... how wasn’t it for those who have interviewed? Laid back with the typical interview questions? Situational questions? Thanks!

Interview next week... how wasn’t it for those who have interviewed? Laid back with the typical interview questions? Situational questions? Thanks!
I interviewed here last year and am currently a D1 at UMN. DEFINITELY not laid back (well, that depends on which faculty member you get LOL) but everything you need is on SDN Resources. I can't say too much but good luck on your interview!

I interviewed here last year and am currently a D1 at UMN. DEFINITELY not laid back (well, that depends on which faculty member you get LOL) but everything you need is on SDN Resources. I can't say too much but good luck on your interview!

Can you elaborate on why Minnesota wasn't laid back?

agreed. I thought the interview was intense and I think mine went poorly ):

Interview #2!
Notification date: Oct 27 2017
Method of notification: email
Residency: Canada
AADSAS mail-out date: August 9
Application complete date: Completed all requirements
GPA (Science & overall): ~3.6, ~3.6
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/QR/Organic Chem/General Chem/Biology): 21/22/20/20/21/22/22/21

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.