****The Official UCSF Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
would it be out interviewers who call us on Dec 1st for acceptance?

Members don't see this ad.

I have my interview tomorrow morning. Any last minute suggestions from those of you who have already interviewed? Is it open/closed file? What was the stress level like?

Thx in advance

Hey @shwayne I was there too! Where were you sitting in the main room? What was your interesting fact? lol

Members don't see this ad :)
I was indeed! My interesting fact was that I qualified to run the 2018 Boston Marathon, how about you?

Man I remember someone saying that but I can't recall your face! You're not the same guy that said they ran the 10k barefoot right?! I said that I was a twin and I bent my finger playing basketball! Lol

Man I remember someone saying that but I can't recall your face! You're not the same guy that said they ran the 10k barefoot right?! I said that I was a twin and I bent my finger playing basketball! Lol
Ah okay and I am not.. I would not do that hah And interesting! Hopefully we hear back from UCSF next Friday!

Reactions: 1 user
JUST GOT THE CALL!!! BEST DAY OF MY WHOLE LIFE
WI resident, interviewed 11/3

Reactions: 4 users
Got the call!! at 9:36 PST

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
IT'S A WRAP! UCSF! I'M THERE
THIS IS A DREAM!!!!!

Poor Dean Featherstone had to listen to me sobbing on the phone lol. Call 09:54 AM!

Reactions: 3 users
Did anyone not get a scholarship? I didn't hear anything about that in the phone call.

Congrats to everyone who got in!

Last edited:
I didn’t get accepted or denied yesterday. Do you guys think it would be a good idea to write a letter of intent?

Is there a Facebook group yet?

Pals! Let's make a facebook page!

Someone actually made a fb page the other day, heres the link! :)

facebook.com/groups/ucsf2022dds/

Will there be more interviews post-december? I'm desperate. This is my third time applying to dental schools already. I wish someone could tell me where I'd need to improve.

GPA undergrad (science major) 3.95
DAT 21

No interviews offered for all 3 application cycles.

Will there be more interviews post-december? I'm desperate. This is my third time applying to dental schools already. I wish someone could tell me where I'd need to improve.

DAT 21

There are! I spoke to the secretary and she told me there are still 75 or so interviews that they're giving out for the month of January. She told me they would e-mail people after the Holidays.

Just received a "Status Update" email saying if we hadn't heard about an interview yet, our application is still under review!

Just received a "Status Update" email saying if we hadn't heard about an interview yet, our application is still under review!
Got one here as well! Thought it was a rejection haha...

Thanks man. Your words of comfort always made my day.

There are! I spoke to the secretary and she told me there are still 75 or so interviews that they're giving out for the month of January. She told me they would e-mail people after the Holidays.

Has anyone received a link for the background check yet?

Does anyone know how many acceptances are given out in January and February?

Did anyone that interviewed on Nov 6th get an acceptance on December 1. I got an email saying a decision has not been made yet.

application denied. Once again no interview at any dental school this cycle. This is my 3rd time applying :(

application denied. Once again no interview at any dental school this cycle. This is my 3rd time applying :(

Sorry to hear man. May I ask what your stats are and if you are IS or OOS?

I still haven't heard back from them and I am getting nervous now.

Sorry to hear man. May I ask what your stats are and if you are IS or OOS?

I still haven't heard back from them and I am getting nervous now.

Did you receive a status update email after they sent their first round of acceptances?

Did you guys get a confirmation that all 4 documents were received to officially accept a position (deposit, background check, transcripts, disciplinary action forms)?

Do people ever get rejected post interview?

How many people are accepted post December?

Interview invite today. Not all hope is lost :soexcited: Good luck to those still waiting to hear!

Reactions: 1 users

DAT 21

OMG, I am really sorry to hear that. you have good stats. try to apply to school with lower stats or less competitive. make sure that the schools you apply for do not favor in state applicants, do you have anything bellow 18 on your dat, how is your personal statement (this is important) and secondary questions, make sure that you tailor your response according to each school depending on what they value. for example, UCSF highly value diversity and so it would be wise to have mentioned diversity and commitment to help undeserved communities in secondary application questions. Also, you are a re applicant, what have you done during past years. show commitment to be dentist by shadowing and volunteering.

schools look at stats, easy questions, volunteerism & experience. you have the stats and so you are most likely lacking in some of the other areas. Or, you are doing something that is flashing a red flag to all the schools that is none of them sending you an interview. have some current student/ a faculty (preferably on admission community of your undergrad university) take a look at your application. also, call admission office and try to schedule an interview to discuses the reason of them not sending you an invite, some school offer such service.

Something is wrong with your application. Maybe you don't have a good LOR, Bad PS or perhaps you aren't applying broadly enough. With an AA of 21 and 3.95 gpa this seems very odd.

Hey guys,

I appreciate the support. I graduated top 5 in my college. The admission committee said my LOR was one of the best one they have ever written from my college. I applied to 5 schools this cycle. (6 previously, almost all schools were different). Except for dentist letter (I was uncertain what was written) everything else even from work supervisor letter was phenomenal.

I will try asking admission committee but I am thinking that dentistry isn't meant for me anymore. Plus most admission committee don't have time to review my request any way. My undergrad health profession office said there is absolutely nothing wrong with my application. They viewed my personal statement before conducting mock interview to give me a committee letter.

My DAT score expired this cycle. There is 1 school that had not given a decision regarding my application status. I gave my best shot at dental schools in 3 times, it's time for me to change.

Good luck on your dental career path guys! I hope you 'll make it through and create lots of memories. Also, wish me luck on pursuing another career path :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.