****The Official UCSF Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

I appreciate the support. I graduated top 5 in my college. The admission committee said my LOR was one of the best one they have ever written from my college. I applied to 5 schools this cycle. (6 previously, almost all schools were different). Except for dentist letter (I was uncertain what was written) everything else even from work supervisor letter was phenomenal.

I will try asking admission committee but I am thinking that dentistry isn't meant for me anymore. Plus most admission committee don't have time to review my request any way. My undergrad health profession office said there is absolutely nothing wrong with my application. They viewed my personal statement before conducting mock interview to give me a committee letter.

My DAT score expired this cycle. There is 1 school that had not given a decision regarding my application status. I gave my best shot at dental schools in 3 times, it's time for me to change.

Good luck on your dental career path guys! I hope you 'll make it through and create lots of memories. Also, wish me luck on pursuing another career path :)
I think you aren't applying to the correct schools. This is very odd. I am an international applicant with 21AA and a 3.78 c/s gpa and already got a couple of acceptances. 7 interviews to date. Have you considered going to another country? It can be significantly cheaper in some cases and you will become a dentist. just be sure you can come back to the USA and practice. Your situation is very puzzling but I encourage you not to give up.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have an interview schedulede for 1/29 but not sure whether I should go. Already paid my deposit to Upenn and got some scholarship there. Only reason I would choose UCSF over upenn is bc I dont think I will ever have a chance to actually live in Calif if not the school.. Should I go just to check it out?

Received the interview invite last week as well! Is an interview this late for waitlist spots?

Members don't see this ad :)
Received the interview invite last week as well! Is an interview this late for waitlist spots?
No, you are part of the last batch of UCSF (I believe 5 interview groups if I remember correctly for January and February) and you have a chance of being admitted in.

So when are we supposed to find out the results?

Reactions: 1 user
Do the student interviews weigh as much as the faculty interviews?

Can someone call UCSF and ask them when they will release the results? I called last week and they said next week but this is stressing me out. lol

Can someone call UCSF and ask them when they will release the results? I called last week and they said next week but this is stressing me out. lol
when did you interview? I interviewed last week and was told they'd send acceptances in mid-Feb.

when did you interview? I interviewed last week and was told they'd send acceptances in mid-Feb.
I interviewed Jan 26th, they told us mid feb too, but I called just to make sure a couple days ago and they said most likely this week!

Members don't see this ad :)
UCSF just emailed me asking to check my syllabi for two English classes, and the admin officer told me that there is a potential risk that I need to take an additional English course to satisfy the pre-req. One of my English class is a mandatory first-year writing and the other is offered by the English department. I am really not sure why that has risen a concern (all 1st-year writing classes are mandatory P/NP at my institution).

I am quite shocked and worried upon receiving this piece of news because it is already too late to take Spring 2018 classes, and I have already gotten my summer planned out abroad to make adjustments there to take summer classes. They told me this when it's already so late in the game, particularly when I have turned down all my other dental school offers.

If they do ask me to take another course, what do you guys think I should do!? I am super anxious now.

just got a phone call form ucsf with offer of admission, so happy. good luck to the rest of you!!

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats guys!! When did you guys interview?

Same! :( do you guys know what does this supposed to mean?

When do we find out? Looks like some people got waitlisted last year.

I feel like this means that we're not going to get accepted today, cause it seems like they already called the ones that they want to accept.

I feel like this means that we're not going to get accepted today, cause it seems like they already called the ones that they want to accept.
Yeah I agree. I think they’re waiting to see if those people will accept their seats and then they’ll take it from there. I feel like I’m on some kind of unofficial waitlist. I got the same email on December 1st. It’s been rough waiting :(

UCSF just emailed me asking to check my syllabi for two English classes, and the admin officer told me that there is a potential risk that I need to take an additional English course to satisfy the pre-req. One of my English class is a mandatory first-year writing and the other is offered by the English department. I am really not sure why that has risen a concern (all 1st-year writing classes are mandatory P/NP at my institution).

I am quite shocked and worried upon receiving this piece of news because it is already too late to take Spring 2018 classes, and I have already gotten my summer planned out abroad to make adjustments there to take summer classes. They told me this when it's already so late in the game, particularly when I have turned down all my other dental school offers.

If they do ask me to take another course, what do you guys think I should do!? I am super anxious now.
Maybe look into some online English course that will fulfill this requirement? I had a sociology class online and nowadays there's even anatomy classes online. Of course, definitely check with their admissions office to see if it's approved.

Yeah I agree. I think they’re waiting to see if those people will accept their seats and then they’ll take it from there. I feel like I’m on some kind of unofficial waitlist. I got the same email on December 1st. It’s been rough waiting :(
Wow, I can imagine how rough would it be to wait so long, but I feel like that means they are still considering you because they have kept you in the pool since December, which is great.

Reactions: 2 users

I hope you hear back soon! Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Does UCSF require sociology courses? I'm seeing some old threads saying yes, but wanted to be sure.

Wow, I can imagine how rough would it be to wait so long, but I feel like that means they are still considering you because they have kept you in the pool since December, which is great.
Thank you so much for your words of encouragement! We'll just have to keep our chins up and wait and see

I called to confirm but we are in an unofficial waitlist basically

Waitlisted, but I am most likely going to decline my spot.

late post! But accepted Feb 14 (interviewed mid Jan)!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey were there any acceptances for the last interview date, 1/29?

Has anyone whose on the waitlist heard back anything? Thanks in advance!

I just got a call that I was accepted off the waitlist! Super excited!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.