LECOM Dental Class of 2028 Interview/Acceptance Thread

I have a question regarding waitlist or rejection. So far I have not seen a single person on waitlist or rejection mention here. Perhaps people that received negative or waitlisted news are not on sdn maybe. There are quite a few members here waiting, its hard to believe no waitlisted or rejection mention here.
I don’t think they formally waitlist anyone following the interview. I think everyone is basically on the waitlist if they aren’t initially accepted. But I could be wrong

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I don’t think they formally waitlist anyone following the interview. I think everyone is basically on the waitlist if they aren’t initially accepted. But I could be wrong
There is not waitlist yet. They are still choosing people to be in the class right now. The waitlist will come out in mid March (atleast in previous years.)

Members don't see this ad :)
There is not waitlist yet. They are still choosing people to be in the class right now. The waitlist will come out in mid March (atleast in previous years.)
thank you for the information, the reason i asked is because most school already issued rejection / waitlist except this one

Are you a moderator for sdn. I see you have over 5 years here. Just curious because I saw you every where. Very difficult to trust the process blindly. Hope you can tell us why you always said trust the process
I’m not even going to this school but I agree with this point it’s so frustrating when people say to trust the process but people have been waiting since June or July to hear anything and they haven’t and we’re later in the cycle. I know they have good intentions, but it just comes off as one of those things that it’s easier said than done, especially when ur not the one going thru it and ur just here on sdn.

Last edited:
I’m not even going to the school but I agree with this point it’s so frustrating when people say to trust the process but people have been waiting since June or July to hear anything and they haven’t and we’re later in the cycle. I know they have good intentions, but it just comes off as one of those things that it’s easier said than done, especially when ur not the one going thru it and ur just patrolling sdn.
especially the one that has like 5 acceptances on dec 15 and said trust the process; what process, frustration, and waiting game did ya play?😭

especially the one that has like 5 acceptances on dec 15 and said trust the process; what process, frustration, and waiting game did ya play?😭
Fr and the acceptances were all their top choices/best schools/got scholarships

Reactions: 2 users
For people who interviewed last weekend, do you have an idea when we should be getting decisions? For people who have interviewed and received their decisions in general, how long did it take? Thank you!

did anyone portal change from none to received/under review recently?? I thought I got ghosted but my aadsas portal changed this weekend. Should I still be hopeful ?

Members don't see this ad :)
I believe the school update the status on adea website. Looks like Lecom ranked each candidate after the interview using to the step ladder model

Can you explain more about what the step ladder model is? And how do you know it’s ranked?

Can you explain more about what the step ladder model is? And how do you know it’s ranked?
This was mentioned by the dean of Lecom medical. Candidates are ranked by the ad com in a manner similar to people waiting on the stairs. The higher scores are placed on top of the stairs and so on

Where do you guys see the ranking?
We wont be able to see the rankings. That just how the candidates are selected after the interview. Each one of the interviewee are rankable similar to the people waiting on the stair

This was mentioned by the dean of Lecom medical. Candidates are ranked by the ad com in a manner similar to people waiting on the stairs. The higher scores are placed on top of the stairs and so on

When you say scores, do you mean like “interview points” or DAT and GPA?

When you say scores, do you mean like “interview points” or DAT and GPA?
great question, they always refer to hollistically meaning overall, DAT, GPA and interview (that what i think). Candidates always walk out after the interview thinking they did very well, but are also other side of it such as DAT, GPA,..........etc

great question, they always refer to hollistically meaning overall, DAT, GPA and interview (that what i think). Candidates always walk out after the interview thinking they did very well, but are also other side of it such as DAT, GPA,..........etc

Ohh okay thank you!! So in that case, those who have received an email saying “ a decision has been made”, does that indicate they might be above those who haven’t received that email in the waitlist?

Oh so the ranking thing is through emai? Im so confused. If someone could explain that would be fantastic. Thank you

Ohh okay thank you!! So in that case, those who have received an email saying “ a decision has been made”, does that indicate they might be above those who haven’t received that email in the waitlist?
did people receive emails saying that?

Hey guys, I interview here on 3/29 but according to the facebook page the class is at 125. Is the class full and am I just interviewing for a waitlist?
there will be movement over the next 2 weeks...

Any chance anyone knows how many seats they still have left? And how long the interview day is? Also hotel recommendations?
seems like a good few seats left, especially if they're still interviewing. not too many, but you definitely have a chance since you've been invited for the interview. Interview day is long so rest well bc your every move is watched & noted so if they catch you dozing off it counts negatively against you. ask thoughtful questions that show your competence in the field bc they take note of that kind of stuff too. its group interview format so do your best to be yourself (not a "yes man") and don't piggyback answers, try to be unique. they've interviewed students for years, so no need to try and feed them answers you think they want to hear, just be yourself. you've made it this far which means you've already checked out on paper, so now they want to see if your personality is a good fit. for hotels I'd recommend anything close bc interview day starts early in the morning, so you don't want to get caught in school traffic trying to get there.

Reactions: 1 users
Any chance anyone knows how many seats they still have left? And how long the interview day is? Also hotel recommendations?
look in google map locate lecom or airport depending on your preferences. I would stay hotel walking distance from airport and drive to lecom for interview or uber.

Thanks for the advice. I really appreciate it.
Since your interview is in March, I highly recommend leaving for your interview that morning as early as you can from whatever hotel you choose to stay in. There's currently construction going on to repave the road leading to the school. It's supposed to finish by 3/24, but that can either finish early or extend later. With the added morning traffic from the high school right by lecom, traffic recently has had some people sitting in a standstill for 30 min on lakewood ranch blvd (road to lecom) depending on which side of the road they're working on atm. Besides, getting there early gives you a chance to meet some professors and current students since they have you all wait in the cafeteria before interview day starts. That's a great way to get friendly and get your name out while getting to know people. Good luck 🍀

Anyone interviewed March heard back? I know they sent out more April interviews and since I didn’t hear back from them past few weeks, thinking maybe I should move on

how do you know they sent April interviews? I was told march 29th was the very last lecom interview date

Person from fb messaged me asking about interview and said they got interview invitation email for April

I was there March 29th and they told us that we are the last group that were going to be interviewed. Again that is what I was told unless we all sucked and they opened up more dates haha. When I received my interview invite March 29th was the only date opened too. We also had a smaller group as well when we were interviewed and 2 people were no shows.
did they say anything about how full the class is

Does anyone know how to reach out to admissions? I send emails to dentalfla email but no one ever responds to those and the phone calls?

Have they accepted anyone lately? I would love to know if they are full or not?