UCSF School of Dentistry Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good luck everyone!

Link to last years thread: UCSF School of Dentistry Class of 2026 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Link to interview prep: University of California San Francisco School of Dentistry Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Any updates? Applied 7/18 and submitted supplemental fee on 7/20. Status: required additional info

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied 7/6 and got an email saying my application was complete 7/19 and that it's under review, which takes 6-8 weeks. AADSAS status says "received/application complete"

I applied 7/6 and got an email saying my application was complete 7/19 and that it's under review, which takes 6-8 weeks. AADSAS status says "received/application complete"
did your status change to under review right after your app was verified? My app is verified but decision status still says none

is anyone status still showing up as none? I submitted my verified app 7/20. should I be worried?

You didn’t get the supplemental email?
no i didnt get an email, but i went to the website online and paid the supplemental fee. I got a confirmation receipt email after I paid it do you mean that? what did your email say?

Last edited:
no i didnt get an email, but i went to the website online and paid the supplemental fee. I got a confirmation receipt email after I paid it do you mean that? what did your email say?

It just talks about how you need to submit the fee for them to review the application. It also says that if you already paid it sent them the confirmation number.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just attended a UCSF webinar and an admissions committee member said they will start sending out interviews starting next week. Just a heads up!

Reactions: 5 users
It's going to be virtual. They're experimenting with the Kira Talent format to conduct interviews this year. They will also invite interviewees to a campus tour, but whether you choose to go or not will not impact your chance of acceptance.

Reactions: 1 users
It's going to be virtual. They're experimenting with the Kira Talent format to conduct interviews this year. They will also invite interviewees to a campus tour, but whether you choose to go or not will not impact your chance of acceptance.
Yeah, I assume they would have to actually discuss the school, education, cost, etc in some format other than just a Kira Talent, haha.

Yeah, I assume they would have to actually discuss the school, education, cost, etc in some format other than just a Kira Talent, haha.
yup, that's right! in the interview invite they sent out today, it says, "You’ll see that we’ve recorded the questions ourselves, and you’ll be able to get a sense of our culture and values as well as what we're looking for in our top candidates."

Reactions: 1 user
Interview #1
School: UCSF
Notification date: 9/2
Method of notification: Email
Residency: IS
ADEA ADDSAS mail-out date: 06/16/22
Application complete date: 07/07/22
GPA (science, overall): 3.95, 3.97
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading any section below a 17): 23/23/22/21, no
Interview date: To be completed in two weeks
Method of interview: Virtual (Kira)

Last edited:
yup, that's right! in the interview invite they sent out today, it says, "You’ll see that we’ve recorded the questions ourselves, and you’ll be able to get a sense of our culture and values as well as what we're looking for in our top candidates."
Just affirming KT is very friendly to provide this information prior to your actual interview. You probably will get links and insights before you begin interviewing. But pay attention to the questions too. Honestly you should be able to get a lot of information from their website and SM.

Interview #5
School: UCSF
Notification date: 9/2
Method of notification: Email
Residency: International
ADEA ADDSAS mail-out date: 06/10/22
Application complete date: 07/07/22
GPA (science, overall): 3.88, 3.78
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading any section below a 17): 26/24/24/30, no
Interview date: To be completed in two weeks
Method of interview: Virtual (Kira)

Did anyones status go from application complete to under review? I just noticed mine did.

You think it’s bad?
I think it's good! That means the school is reviewing your application:) I had one school go from "Received/Under Review" to "Received/Application Complete" and thought that was bad. However, there are some students who have received invitation invites when their application status stated "Received/Application Complete," so they say not to stress too much on what is shown on AADSAS.

I think it's good! That means the school is reviewing your application:) I had one school go from "Received/Under Review" to "Received/Application Complete" and thought that was bad. However, there are some students who have received invitation invites when their application status stated "Received/Application Complete," so they say not to stress too much on what is shown on AADSAS.

Yeah that makes sense, thanks for the clarification. Do you know when the next wave of invites coming out? Feel like haven’t seen much about new invites on SDN

wait I straight up got rejected today. My stats are 24 AA and 3.74 for both gpas. Is USCF really THAT competitive?

wait I straight up got rejected today. My stats are 24 AA and 3.74 for both gpas. Is USCF really THAT competitive?
Are you IS or OOS? I think they’re looking for more than just stats. I am IS and have 3.98 GPA. 26AA/28TS/30PAT and got straight rejection!

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users
I got rejected too😭 my stats are 3.75 gpa and 24 AA , 24 TS. I had research experience and I am in state. This was one of my dream schools aghhh… getting denied this early does feel discouraged😢😢

• Sad
I got rejected too😭 my stats are 3.75 gpa and 24 AA , 24 TS. I had research experience and I am in state. This was one of my dream schools aghhh… getting denied this early does feel discouraged😢😢
I feel you 😢. We got this! There are still more schools to go!

Are you IS or OOS? I think they’re looking for more than just stats. I am IS and have 3.98 GPA. 26AA/28TS/30PAT and got straight rejection in
I think they accidentally sent out rejections instead of interview invitations LOL. Because with all these stats I’m seeing I doubt they meant to reject. I have a 3.98 GPA and 24 AA, 27 TS AND 26 PAT and got rejected today too.

I also got rejected: 25AA, 3.99 oGPA. I did research for 2 years as well. I think being OOS didn't help, haha.

For those who got rejected, was your application listed as "Received/Under Review," prior to receiving your rejection?