****The Official UCSF Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.

acemason

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the University of California San Francisco (UCSF) Class of 2022 thread!

Feel free to post your stats, status updates, interview invites, and acceptances!

UCSF SoD Facebook: UCSF School of Dentistry

UCSF Class of 2021 Thread:
***The Official UCSF Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

UCSF Class of 2020 Thread:
***The Official UCSF Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

UCSF Class of 2019 Thread:
***The Official UCSF Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

UCSF Class of 2018 Thread:
***The Official UCSF Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Here's a facebook page that the Admissions office made for this year: UCSF School of Dentistry- Admissions & Outreach

A little thing to keep in mind is that UCSF requires biochemistry from a 4-year university. So if you have taken the course at a CC(like I did) you will have to re-take it unfortunately.

Good luck to you all!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Checked the AADSAS portal today and I am now "Under Review." Also got an email same day saying my application is complete and has been submitted for review

Reactions: 1 users
Checked the AADSAS portal today and I am now "Under Review." Also got an email same day saying my application is complete and has been submitted for review
Mine says the same thing.

Same here!!! Excited

Anyone else constantly checking the portals/email? This is so unhealthy *sigh*

Reactions: 3 users
i keep checking SDN haha not AADSAS. I think you'll get an email when you go under review so you'll get notified lol.
Also once under reveiw it might take like a month till you find out. If you check AADSAS 50 times a day you'll torture yourself haha and waste time.
But I totally feel...

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone else constantly checking the portals/email? This is so unhealthy *sigh*

Doesn't AADSAS send email notifications when there are any updates? I received emails when my LORs were uploaded and when my transcripts were received. Do they do the same when status with a school changes?

Doesn't AADSAS send email notifications when there are any updates? I received emails when my LORs were uploaded and when my transcripts were received. Do they do the same when status with a school changes?
No i do not

i keep checking SDN haha not AADSAS. I think you'll get an email when you go under review so you'll get notified lol.
Also once under reveiw it might take like a month till you find out. If you check AADSAS 50 times a day you'll torture yourself haha and waste time.
But I totally feel...
Yup, trying to limit it starting today. Check AADSAS and other portals beginning and end of day then emails maybe like every hour ahahah

check spam?
every change that happens on AADSAS notifies me (besides application complete/under review notification). but I get those types of emails from schools themselves...that let me know that they have my complete app and that I will be under reviews for the next few weeks

Members don't see this ad :)
check spam?
every change that happens on AADSAS notifies me (besides application complete/under review notification). but I get those types of emails from schools themselves...that let me know that they have my complete app and that I will be under reviews for the next few weeks
So far I've gotten "review" emails from UCSF and MWU-AZ. Other schools (UoP, Roseman, etc.) told me they "received" my application and waiting to process it. Is this what you are referring to?

schools that I am under review have emailed me that they have my complete application and that I will be reviewed over the next few weeks

Guys, don't forget to send your AP score reports! The school tells us to do so on the website, and I emailed them about it...

Reactions: 2 users
Is there anyway to attach our id to it? Or do we just send it and hope they match it to our application?
I am still waiting to get a response back from ETS / College Board because I think some of my scores are archived while others aren't. I think there is an order form (at least there is for the archived scores), so the school shouldn't really have much trouble matching you to your scores.

I am under review and didn't have to send my AP grades from collegeboard. Are you guys sure they actually require it?
I'm an international but they said I don't need to send them my high school transcripts (that's becuase i completed high school and college in the US)

I am under review and didn't have to send my AP grades from collegeboard. Are you guys sure they actually require it?
I'm an international but they said I don't need to send them my high school transcripts (that's becuase i completed high school and college in the US)
Advanced Placement (AP) Exams

While actual course work is preferred by our faculty, applicants may use AP Tests to partially fulfill the prerequisites. In order to have AP Tests applied towards the prerequisites, applicants must submit an official copy of their AP Test Score Report from Educational Testing Services (ETS). Using School Code 5482, you may contact ETS at ets.org to request that a copy of your score report be sent to our office.

Advanced Placement (AP) Exams

While actual course work is preferred by our faculty, applicants may use AP Tests to partially fulfill the prerequisites. In order to have AP Tests applied towards the prerequisites, applicants must submit an official copy of their AP Test Score Report from Educational Testing Services (ETS). Using School Code 5482, you may contact ETS at ets.org to request that a copy of your score report be sent to our office.
Ohh so only if you need them to count towards reqs. Got it!! Calc isn't required at UCSF so I don't have to send them the AP transcript. Glad other schools that require calc don't wanna see the official score...that would be something else to worry about it

Ohh so only if you need them to count towards reqs. Got it!! Calc isn't required at UCSF so I don't have to send them the AP transcript. Glad other schools that require calc don't wanna see the official score...that would be something else to worry about it
Sames lol

I took AP Biology and took bio lab at my home university. I took microbiology and genetics (which are both in the biology department) at my home university. Would microbio & genetics cover the rest of the Biological Science requirements?

I took AP Biology and took bio lab at my home university. I took microbiology and genetics (which are both in the biology department) at my home university. Would microbio & genetics cover the rest of the Biological Science requirements?
I'm not sure because genetics and microbio are listed under their recommended courses. You should probably call/email and ask. Also, don't forget to send your AP score report!

I'm not sure because genetics and microbio are listed under their recommended courses. You should probably call/email and ask. Also, don't forget to send your AP score report!
I need some help with AP score reporting... I emailed college board like 2 weeks ago but they never got back to me :eyebrow:... How do we go about sending one single score report with all passing scores to the school? Some of my scores are archived and I think some aren't. I would hate to spend more money than I need to on multiple reports.

I need some help with AP score reporting... I emailed college board like 2 weeks ago but they never got back to me :eyebrow:... How do we go about sending one single score report with all passing scores to the school? Some of my scores are archived and I think some aren't. I would hate to spend more money than I need to on multiple reports.
Have you tried calling? I think if you send one report it should contain all your scores :/ I don't know what you mean by some are archived while others aren't; all mine show up even though I took them like wow 5 years ago :dead:

I just called and they said if microbiology has lab component to it and it's 4 credit units, it can be covered for a semester of general biology.

Is there anyway to attach our id to it? Or do we just send it and hope they match it to our application?
Do you by any chance know of any other schools off the top of your head that require an official AP score report? Also, just verifying this is the score report that has a $15 fee?

Do you by any chance know of any other schools off the top of your head that require an official AP score report? Also, just verifying this is the score report that has a $15 fee?
I think UCSF is the only one, and yes just $15. Make sure the code is correct.

Does anyone else's status say received/waiting additional information?

Does anyone else's status say received/waiting additional information?
I also had that status, so I emailed them. They told me they were waiting on my DAT scores. The status was changed in the next week or so. I'd email to make sure you did everything on your end.

Are we supposed to send UCSF a photo of us so they can attach it to our profile? For some reason I remember reading that somewhere, but I cannot find it on their site.

Edit: Never mind, the picture was for Maryland.

Last edited:
Mine says complete/under review as of 7/13..

Interview #2

I CANNOT BELIEVE IT.

School: UCSF
Notification date:7/19
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: Mid-June
Application complete date: 6/29/2017
GPA (science, overall): 3.33, 3.45
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/21/21/ none

Reactions: 10 users
Interview #2

I CANNOT BELIEVE IT.

Congratulations! When is your interview?

Interview #2

I CANNOT BELIEVE IT.

Good **** my dude/dudette

Congrats to everyone who has gotten interviews! I was wondering how long it takes from your AADSAS portal changing to "Under Review" to receiving the app complete email?

Me too.. That hurts! :<

Got the email as well! Best of luck to eveyone here :)

I'm not that surprised but it's just scary cause this is the first response I've gotten from a school.
sGPA/oGPA: around 3.5 both
Dat: 23AA, 22TS

Got rejected from UCSF :/. Not a good start to the application cycle :(

Me too.. That hurts! :<
I'm so sorry, that's really rough! Keep your chin up though, it's still so so early and some schools haven't even begun yet. I'm sure the rest of the cycle will be much better!

I just got rejected too, OOS applicant from Utah, 21 AA, 22 TS, 23 PAT, oGPA 3.49 sGPA 3.62. I'm a little surprised to get an early denial, but I guess they can't take us all haha. Makes me wonder what makes them decide to give a denial early in the cycle instead of waiting to compare more applicants later.

I got rejected as well.

Congrats and best of luck to everyone who made it! Really excited for you. :)

Stats: 3.63 oGPA, 3.55 sGPA, 22 AA

I just got rejected too, OOS applicant from Utah, 21 AA, 22 TS, 23 PAT, oGPA 3.49 sGPA 3.62. I'm a little surprised to get an early denial, but I guess they can't take us all haha. Makes me wonder what makes them decide to give a denial early in the cycle instead of waiting to compare more applicants later.
they probably have some list of criteria that they're looking for in all applicants that they think would make us a good fit for their school

Status
Not open for further replies.