****The Official OHSU Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Accepted via email on Friday 1/6 (in-state). Is there a Facebook group yet?
Runner1994 - what's your stat? and when was your interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Interview invite on Friday as well! In state!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello all,

Congrats to everyone who got in! The official facebook page for the OHSU School of Dentistry Class of 2021 can be found here: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Please do not attempt to join the group until you have been accepted by OHSU.

Good luck to those of you interviewing!
I would suggest taking down the link and just PM'ing everyone that gets accepted and posts here or on the official interview/accepted link that is stickied for ALL the schools and searching by OHSU. I hope to be able to join it soon!

Got accepted today!! OOS. Probably turning it down though, but its such a tough decision, I really loved the school!

Reactions: 1 user
Those of you that interviewed how many of you actually wrote something on the supplemental application additional information area?

Members don't see this ad :)
For those that interviewed recently, did they provide any update on their progress? Interviewed in November and have not heard back yet

For those that interviewed recently, did they provide any update on their progress? Interviewed in November and have not heard back yet
They said they still have a lot of seats to fill, and will continue interviewing throughout March.

Does anyone know if there has ever been an instance of an applicant who did not get the competitive email getting an interview? I took that as a rejection back in September, and I thought I was over it, but I can't help but continue to wonder how I can get multiple acceptance elsewhere and not even get a look/a chance from my in-state school. Feel free to be as harsh as necessary. I feel like I know the answer, but I'm grasping at straws here. Thanks!

Does anyone know if there has ever been an instance of an applicant who did not get the competitive email getting an interview? I took that as a rejection back in September, and I thought I was over it, but I can't help but continue to wonder how I can get multiple acceptance elsewhere and not even get a look/a chance from my in-state school. Feel free to be as harsh as necessary. I feel like I know the answer, but I'm grasping at straws here. Thanks!
I've read through the last 5 years of forum posts and haven't seen it. Doesn't mean it doesn't happen but yah.

I've read through the last 5 years of forum posts and haven't seen it. Doesn't mean it doesn't happen but yah.

I appreciate the digging. I didn't quite have the heart to do it. I've sent a message to Mark to ask, but I think it's time to be grateful for the other acceptances and begin to accept the astronomical cost of out-of-state tuition. Good luck to everyone out there waiting to hear from OHSU and other schools!

Just got an interview invite today, gonna schedule it soon

Reactions: 2 users
Also got an interview a few days ago..

20AA 3.5 ogoa 3.7 sgpa

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
How long does it take from the time you receive the acceptance email and the package in the mail?

Accepted today!! I'm SO EXCITED!! Will have a final decision by the end of February hopefully, but good luck to everyone in this process!

Accepted today!! I'm SO EXCITED!! Will have a final decision by the end of February hopefully, but good luck to everyone in this process!
When did you interview?

I received my acceptance email today! Is there a Facebook page?

Hey all! I didn't apply here but my friend was invited to interview yesterday and she doesn't know how to work SDN so I figured I'd post for her!
She scheduled for 2/9. Stats are 3.5 oGPA 3.7 sGPA AA:18 PAT:25

Any interview tips? Thank you and good luck to everyone/congrats on your acceptances!

The interview day is very relaxed and you'll have two one-on-one interviews that are supposed to be open file with faculty. But the faculty kind of choose to do it open or closed as they wish

I think I'm gonna create a Facebook page if there already isn't one. Any thoughts?

Declining my interview here. Good luck everyone!

I need help deciding between OHSU and Western. There is a lot I like about each school, but I'm really confused. Does anyone have advice or more insight on theses schools? For those that are current students, what are your thoughts about the school and those making decisions right now, what are you guys considering?

Got an acceptance email yesterday (2/6) around 4 pm! I interviewed in the 2nd week of January. Good luck everyone!

I need help deciding between OHSU and Western. There is a lot I like about each school, but I'm really confused. Does anyone have advice or more insight on theses schools? For those that are current students, what are your thoughts about the school and those making decisions right now, what are you guys considering?
Things I'm thinking about while deciding:

Cost
Distance from home
Clinic education
Lifestyle (are they busy 24/7 or do they have some time to do other things)
etc

Someone pm'd me seeking advice for this dental school. I am NOT APPLYING, but I thought some people will appreciate this information I found on their website.
http://www.ohsu.edu/xd/education/sc...prospective-students/dmd-program/applying.cfm
"October - January
Applicants invited to interview at School of Dentistry."
Unfortunately, they are not interviewing anymore.

"December- February
Acceptance letters sent to applicants.

February
Begin applying for financial aid. Priority financial aid deadline is March 1."

Best of Luck!

... they are still interviewing lol

Status
Not open for further replies.