Oregon (OHSU) Class of 2026 Interview/Acceptance Thread

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Reactions: 1 users
I received an email saying that no official action can be taken on my application at this time. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Residency: OOS
Application verified: 6/9
GPA (science, overall): 3.07, 3.19
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/18/29/no

Your application to the Oregon Health & Science University School of Dentistry has completed its initial assessment and has progressed to the next phase of review. Your application is amongst a highly competitive pool, which we typically select from to participate in the interview process. You will be notified in writing should you be selected as an interview candidate. Interviews are by invitation only.

^ Did you guys' emails say this? What does this supposed to mean? Does this mean that I'll get an interview? I was wondering if this was just a general email to all the applicants

Your application to the Oregon Health & Science University School of Dentistry has completed its initial assessment and has progressed to the next phase of review. Your application is amongst a highly competitive pool, which we typically select from to participate in the interview process. You will be notified in writing should you be selected as an interview candidate. Interviews are by invitation only.

^ Did you guys' emails say this? What does this supposed to mean? Does this mean that I'll get an interview? I was wondering if this was just a general email to all the applicants
They sent out 2 emails. One saying this and one saying that they cannot make a decision at this time. So the email that you got is the good one to get. Not a guarantee of a interview but a good start.

Interview #8
School: OHSU Dental
Notification date: 10/1
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/3
Application complete date: 6/14
GPA (science, overall): 3.61, 3.67
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/18/22/24/No
Dates available: Oct 7th - Nov 30th
Method of interview: Virtual

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
For those of you who scheduled an interview using the survey, have you received a confirmation email? I filled it out on 10/1 but haven’t received one yet

For those of you who scheduled an interview using the survey, have you received a confirmation email? I filled it out on 10/1 but haven’t received one yet
I received my confirmation email the day after I picked a date. I would email them back to make sure your submission was sent correctly.

Does anyone know if the interview is open or closed file?

Accepted!! Email at 2:55pm PST. Alaska resident

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
My status changed to offer made, but no email yet.

Got email around 6pm est

So I just got an email from the OHSU Financial Aid office, I applied but have not been invited for an interview yet. Is this just the general email that they sent to all applicants? Does anyone know? TY!

Has anyone else received this email from OHSU? I just got it today and I applied this summer, but I’m not a student at OHSU, so I’m kind of confused? I don’t remember needing to enter in my SSN on my AADSAS application or the supplemental app. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• 2B3DE38F-71A4-4077-8D87-33C0F1FC1BCA.jpeg
    2B3DE38F-71A4-4077-8D87-33C0F1FC1BCA.jpeg
    69.8 KB · Views: 239
Has anyone else received this email from OHSU? I just got it today and I applied this summer, but I’m not a student at OHSU, so I’m kind of confused? I don’t remember needing to enter in my SSN on my AADSAS application or the supplemental app. Any thoughts?
Woah strange email. I never got an email like that. Might be scam/phishing so I would email or call the school about this to make sure.

I am wondering if they sent out emails if you were waitlisted? or denials? Portal still says Received/Application complete now after my interview.

Do you guys know what happens if you missed a phone call? Do they move on, or?

Buddy just got accepted ! Interviewed post december.

I haven't gotten an interview invite yet. Would you guys say I still have a chance at this point or is the class full

I haven't gotten an interview invite yet. Would you guys say I still have a chance at this point or is the class full
OHSU is notorious for interviewing into late spring, so I wouldn’t count yourself out quite yet! I have friends who attend and have told me stories of classmates who have gotten interviews in the summer as well.

How good of a school is OHSU? I’m not from Oregon so I’m not familiar with the school but I just received an interview so I was just wondering what the pros are and if it’s better than MWU-AZ or Maryland

How good of a school is OHSU? I’m not from Oregon so I’m not familiar with the school but I just received an interview so I was just wondering what the pros are and if it’s better than MWU-AZ or Maryland
oregon is a good school
like most schools, they have had issues dealing with covid
you should go to the cheapest school you get into...

I was accepted to OHSU early in January and accepted initially but I was just accepted into my top choice school. I sent an email to OHSU saying to withdraw my application. Hopefully my spot will go to a well deserving candidate! Goodluck!!

Does anyone happen to know how full the class is already? Hoping they're still sending out invites!

Hi all! I interviewed 3/4 and still haven’t heard anything. Is this typical of OHSU? One of the admissions people said I would receive either an email of acceptance or asking if I want to be on the waitlist. Does OHSU not send out rejection emails?

Would anyone happen to know if OHSU is finished interviewing applicants? Are they just pulling off of the waitlist now?

I was accepted off the waitlist on 4/18. I declined yesterday.

Reactions: 1 users