*** The Official LECOM Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wonder if you guys can respond to my question.
True or false? Having a low dat (AA19/PAT21) and gpa will most likely be invited to the interview very late (after February) if at all.
Thank you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got an email today stating my secondary application has been processed. Lol I applied early August and this is the first I’ve heard from them. I wonder why such a delay for me

True or false? Having a low dat (AA19/PAT21) and gpa will most likely be invited to the interview very late (after February) if at all.
Thank you.
Depends on more factors than DAT score alone. Date submitted and extracurricular activities being two of those factors.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Got an email today stating my secondary application has been processed. Lol I applied early August and this is the first I’ve heard from them. I wonder why such a delay for me
I did as well, I was so confused. I guess we take it as a good thing.

Hello everyone,
I interviewed yesterday 12/07 at LECOM and interviewed with Dr. Dinh (she's the head of the curriculum committee) and she, as well as the Deans, told us they have officially changed the grading system from P/NP to letter-graded. However, they don't grandfather changes, so this only applies to the upcoming class (current D1 and on are not affected and will continue with the P/NP grading system).

Also starting this upcoming class is the integrated boards instead of the current two-part test. Hope this helps.

Reactions: 1 users
Up until my interview date my AADSAS status said "invited for interview." Did anyone else's change to "none" right after their interview?

Up until my interview date my AADSAS status said "invited for interview." Did anyone else's change to "none" right after their interview?
Yes, that's normal

Hello everyone,
I interviewed yesterday 12/07 at LECOM and interviewed with Dr. Dinh (she's the head of the curriculum committee) and she, as well as the Deans, told us they have officially changed the grading system from P/NP to letter-graded. However, they don't grandfather changes, so this only applies to the upcoming class (current D1 and on are not affected and will continue with the P/NP grading system).

Also starting this upcoming class is the integrated boards instead of the current two-part test. Hope this helps.

Wait, doesn't this directly contradict the earlier post where someone contacted Ms. Phillips directly?

"Direct from Ms Shannon Phillips at LECOM:

LECOM is still staying with the Pass/Fail system, but for ranking purposes we will be implementing a grading system as well. This will enable us to rank our students for residencies. I hope this information helps"

Now I'm not sure what's going on. I must be missing something.

Reactions: 1 user
Wait, doesn't this directly contradict the earlier post where someone contacted Ms. Phillips directly?

"Direct from Ms Shannon Phillips at LECOM:

LECOM is still staying with the Pass/Fail system, but for ranking purposes we will be implementing a grading system as well. This will enable us to rank our students for residencies. I hope this information helps"

Now I'm not sure what's going on. I must be missing something.

Yeah I don't know about that ^. I am just letting you guys know what I was told yesterday. I think they JUST made the decision as of this week to be honest because the current students were also unsure of the change. The only time I was able to get a for sure answer was during my group interview and had the opportunity to ask Dr. Dinh directly.

Members don't see this ad :)
As for class 2021, they interviewed around 550 students. Not sure how many they offered acceptances to, but their class size is 105.

This upcoming class of 2022, had approximately 500 more AADSAS applicants and our group was told LECOM have already interviewed 500 students as of yesterday. They interview up until Feb. so I'm assuming this school is getting much more competitive. They will have 105 seats this upcoming year.

This upcoming class of 2022, had approximately 500 more AADSAS applicants and our group was told LECOM have already interviewed 500 students as of yesterday. They interview up until Feb. so I'm assuming this school is getting much more competitive. They will have 105 seats this upcoming year.
Wow! I wonder how many of those 500+ interviews are acceptances

Yeah I don't know about that ^. I am just letting you guys know what I was told yesterday. I think they JUST made the decision as of this week to be honest because the current students were also unsure of the change. The only time I was able to get a for sure answer was during my group interview and had the opportunity to ask Dr. Dinh directly.
Really?! The school is not looking good right now to me if not everyone on their staff is tracking some as important as a grading system. I was the one that posted the reply from Ms Shannon. I'm a bit frustrated right now

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I got a letter of rejection in the mail today. So much for all of that.

Really?! The school is not looking good right now to me if not everyone on their staff is tracking some as important as a grading system. I was the one that posted the reply from Ms Shannon. I'm a bit frustrated right now

Maybe we need another confirmation =/ I mean, I suppose we could also interpret that as what Ms. Phillips said--- i.e. "We didn't have a letter grading system before, and will have one in the future for ranking purposes--but the P/NP still exists, but is no longer a pure P/NP system". Or something like that.

I got a letter of rejection in the mail today. So much for all of that.

Thanks for sharing this information. Hope you get some better news from other schools. Good luck this cycle and hang in there

Yeah, this seems to be an ongoing trend with this school. They are still new so they are constantly changing their curriculum and such. I was a bit frustrated during my interview because most students were unable to answer some of my questions. For example, D2 had a different answer then D3 because things kept changing every year. I do, however, understand it's not their fault, but it is questionable for prospective students. As far as grading goes for the upcoming class, I can confirm that they are changing to a graded system.

Does LECOM ignore applicants with higher stats? I'm just confused because I've heard back from schools that are considered "more competitive" but nothing from LECOM ( I applied in Aug)

Does LECOM ignore applicants with higher stats? I'm just confused because I've heard back from schools that are considered "more competitive" but nothing from LECOM ( I applied in Aug)
Hey that is happening to me too. I submitted my supplemental in July and I got no reply. I had to email them just to make sure I wasn't missing anything, and they just now processed the application and sent it to the admissions committee.

Hey that is happening to me too. I submitted my supplemental in July and I got no reply. I had to email them just to make sure I wasn't missing anything, and they just now processed the application and sent it to the admissions committee.
was your status "under review" on aadsas and the lecom online portal?

It changed to "under review" a few days ago
Mine changed to under review a few days ago as well. Status was “none” up until now and I also got the email. It’s odd but maybe a good thing!

Mine changed to under review a few days ago as well. Status was “none” up until now and I also got the email. It’s odd but maybe a good thing!
Yup. Almost thought they forgot about me, lol.
Hoping there is still a chance for an interview.

hey guys, im a current D1 at lecom if you guys have any questions you wanna ask, its an awesome school though no lie

I applied after speaking with the ADCOM to explain why my GPA is so low (non-trad and my freshman/sophomore grades were terrible but 10-15 years old) I applied on the 17th. On the 28th my status in AADSAS changed to rejected but my portal says still under review. Emailed to ask for feedback and haven't heard anything back. Does it normally take 2 weeks to change the status in the portal after the rejection has been submitted to AADSAS? Was really hoping for an interview as I have other very solid aspects of my application if you look past my decades old grades.

I applied after speaking with the ADCOM to explain why my GPA is so low (non-trad and my freshman/sophomore grades were terrible but 10-15 years old) I applied on the 17th. On the 28th my status in AADSAS changed to rejected but my portal says still under review. Emailed to ask for feedback and haven't heard anything back. Does it normally take 2 weeks to change the status in the portal after the rejection has been submitted to AADSAS? Was really hoping for an interview as I have other very solid aspects of my application if you look past my decades old grades.
Sorry to hear that. :( If you haven't done so, I would include a brief explanation in my personal statement explaining the bad grades... just so you can land an interview where you can further elaborate. As for the status change, their portal doesn't seem to reliable-as in they don't really care to update it once they've made a decision. I hope you have interviews elsewhere and good luck!

Same. I have applied here many years and even went to visit this past summer and was able to explain my situation and still ended up getting rejected without an interview. I don’t get it ):

My admission status states: "We received your supplemental application. The review process will begin on your file. You will be notified when updates are made."
Required letters and credits folder states: "No folder items which meet the requirements have been received.", but there are no letters or classes listed in this folder to see if they have been verified. Just a blank drop down box.

I applied 7/7 and received my supplemental on 7/17. I received an email from Shannon on 8/9/17 verifying they received my supplemental and that I was all set. I have not received and invite or a rejection and my status on AADSAS is "None". Anyone in the same situation or know what I should do? Any advice would be helpful.

Sorry to hear that. :( If you haven't done so, I would include a brief explanation in my personal statement explaining the bad grades... just so you can land an interview where you can further elaborate. As for the status change, their portal doesn't seem to reliable-as in they don't really care to update it once they've made a decision. I hope you have interviews elsewhere and good luck!
I actually sent in a supplemental letter explaining my situation and am bummed nothing came of it. I appreciate the feedback on the status change. I agree that it appears that they just don't update the portal as I would hope.

Same. I have applied here many years and even went to visit this past summer and was able to explain my situation and still ended up getting rejected without an interview. I don’t get it ):
How many years have you applied here? Also, have they not provided you with any feedback on what you can do to improve your chances of getting in? I too visited the school recently so my conversation with ADCOM was in person. I know there is no way I can change the past but I feel like I am a completely different person than I was 15 years ago and my current grades reflect that too so thats a large part of my disappointment. I feel like i'm being unfairly judged based on the student I was over a decade ago.

How many years have you applied here? Also, have they not provided you with any feedback on what you can do to improve your chances of getting in? I too visited the school recently so my conversation with ADCOM was in person. I know there is no way I can change the past but I feel like I am a completely different person than I was 15 years ago and my current grades reflect that too so thats a large part of my disappointment. I feel like i'm being unfairly judged based on the student I was over a decade ago.

Hello, I was just wondering if you could answer the following question.
Don't you need to retake all the pre-requisites that are pass five years at the time you apply?
Thanks

this was my fourth year applying. Yes, I spoke to them in person and was given advice. I improved my gpa and dat score but still not good enough

My admission status states: "We received your supplemental application. The review process will begin on your file. You will be notified when updates are made."
Required letters and credits folder states: "No folder items which meet the requirements have been received.", but there are no letters or classes listed in this folder to see if they have been verified. Just a blank drop down box.

I applied 7/7 and received my supplemental on 7/17. I received an email from Shannon on 8/9/17 verifying they received my supplemental and that I was all set. I have not received and invite or a rejection and my status on AADSAS is "None". Anyone in the same situation or know what I should do? Any advice would be helpful.
I'm in the exact same position and not sure what to do either. Don't want to call and bother again because I also verified a while ago with someone that all of my required materials were received

I'm in the exact same position and not sure what to do either. Don't want to call and bother again because I also verified a while ago with someone that all of my required materials were received
Exactly what I am thinking. I read on here that someone called and they were able to update the Required letters and credits folder, but Shannon told me back in August that I was everything had been received and I was all set...

Hello, I was just wondering if you could answer the following question.
Don't you need to retake all the pre-requisites that are pass five years at the time you apply?
Thanks
Yes you would but in my case, none of my prerequisite classes were older than 5 years as I had not taken any science classes back then.

If you interview beginning of January do you find out the 15th of January before the decisions become rolling?
If you interview before Dec. you find out Dec.1. If you interview after Dec.1, you find out Jan.1. Anything after Jan.1 is considered rolling. This is what I was told during my interview date

If you interview before Dec. you find out Dec.1. If you interview after Dec.1, you find out Jan.1. Anything after Jan.1 is considered rolling. This is what I was told during my interview date.
I interviewed first batch and have heard nothing, so that's not always the case.

Out of those who were accepted, who has decided that they'll be attending?

Thank you.
When did you apply?

When did you apply?

I applied in June, but the person at the front desk did not "see" my application until November when I gave a call. Even though, I gave her updates on my application in August.

Did anyone else just get this e-mail--> "LECOM Dental Medicine has Processed your Supplemental Application"

Has anyone who had a pre-Dec interview emailed and gotten a response from Shannon Phillips? I received an email and could share the gist of it if you PM me. I got a response from her but wanted to find out if it was merely a copy+paste message or if it was good news pertaining to my application.

Status
Not open for further replies.