*** The Official LECOM Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
No clue... I think it’s their term for waitlist?

Members don't see this ad.

So technically is alternate list somewhat better than a wait list??
Hmm to me it sounds like more review goes into the decision vs a simple numbered waitlist

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmm to me it sounds like more review goes into the decision vs a simple numbered waitlist

Interviewed pre-Dec and no alternate email either.. My LECOM portal still says under review. So maybe the alternate list is actually a ranked list?

Reactions: 1 user
Got an interview invite :) my interview is on February 8th. Anyone else who has interview on the same day?

Got placed on Alternate today, interviewed back in Sept, west coast resident. However I will be giving up my spot since I was already accepted my top. I am sure more spots will open up!

Got an interview invite :) my interview is on February 8th. Anyone else who has interview on the same day?
Hey, my portal says "Your application has been processed and will be sent to the Admissions Committee for futher review. Your will be notified as soon as a decision has been made." its said this since mid december. how did they notify you? and how long did they take to review your application before inviting for an interview?
Also do you mind if i ask you for your sats?
thanks and congratulations :)

Got placed on Alternate today, interviewed back in Sept, west coast resident. However I will be giving up my spot since I was already accepted my top. I am sure more spots will open up!
I hope so! Congratulations on getting into your top choice!

Hey, my portal says "Your application has been processed and will be sent to the Admissions Committee for futher review. Your will be notified as soon as a decision has been made." its said this since mid december. how did they notify you? and how long did they take to review your application before inviting for an interview?
My portal says the same. They are likely just looking at a few more students to interview before they close the application cycle and fill all of the spots. I applied in Nov so I am not sure how this will pan out but I am hopeful. Best of luck to you.

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted my alternate list email that I received yesterday. Really need to get in somewhere!!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Thank you!!
They emailed me about a week ago and I sent my application in November. GPA: 3.5. I took the DAT twice. First attempt: AA18 second attempt: AA19. Tons of shadowing and extracurriculars.
Good luck to you. :)

Just received an email at 12:19PM CST of acceptance.

Words cannot describe the emotions flowing through my body right now. I feel like crying and throwing up at the same time. My parents are bawling.

Reactions: 8 users

Words cannot describe the emotions flowing through my body right now. I feel like crying and throwing up at the same time. My parents are bawling.
That's awesome. Congratulations!! Looking forward to meeting you in July

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)

Congrats!

YO CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel so happy for you :D I've been low key rooting for you this whole time!

My portal says the same. They are likely just looking at a few more students to interview before they close the application cycle and fill all of the spots. I applied in Nov so I am not sure how this will pan out but I am hopeful. Best of luck to you.
Thank you! best of luck to you as well

hey guys, im a current D1 at lecom if you guys have any questions you wanna ask, its an awesome school though no lie
I've visited a lot of schools and I like LECOM best! I'm applying this cycle and I have the opportunity to work on a small self-study research project. Time is a bit tight as I am also taking a class and studying for the DAT this semester, and I'm feeling a bit worn thin, but I feel like I should just do it so I have it on my application. Will it make any sort of significant difference to LECOM/ What do you think? I have ~3.7 cPGA, 3.5 sGPA, shadowing and volunteering are fine, etc.

I have my interview this Thursday. Can someone tell me how LECOM's interview process is like??

I have my interview this Thursday. Can someone tell me how LECOM's interview process is like??

It’s a group interview. Up to as many as 6 applicants including you will be in a room with two faculty members. The two faculty members will ask questions and each of you will have a chance to answer and/or elaborate on others answers. Don’t try to hog the time. Don’t be freaked out if another applicant has better answers just agree and elaborate and try to answer the next question better.

Try to at least answer one or two of the questions first. Don’t be the last every time to answer.

The interview is suppose to reflect a PBL group. How well you can add to a group’s experience and what not.

Know the basics of why dentistry, why that school, how you know you’ll fit into a PBL program, and what makes you unique.

Ask some questions at the end.

It’s a group interview. Up to as many as 6 applicants including you will be in a room with two faculty members. The two faculty members will ask questions and each of you will have a chance to answer and/or elaborate on others answers. Don’t try to hog the time. Don’t be freaked out if another applicant has better answers just agree and elaborate and try to answer the next question better.

Try to at least answer one or two of the questions first. Don’t be the last every time to answer.

The interview is suppose to reflect a PBL group. How well you can add to a group’s experience and what not.

Know the basics of why dentistry, why that school, how you know you’ll fit into a PBL program, and what makes you unique.

Ask some questions at the end.

Thank you so much! Really appreciate it!

I interviewed August 24th and have yet to hear from LECOM, lol.

anyone that got a post dec acceptance wanna clarify when deposits are due? My acceptance email said 1/19 but the letter I got in the mail says 2/19..

Last edited:
I interviewed August 24th and have yet to hear from LECOM, lol.
Email Shannon and see if she can give you an update.

anyone that got a post dec acceptance wanna clarify when deposits are due? My acceptance email said 1/19 but the letter I got in the mail says 2/19....its 2 grand so if the deadline is 2/19 that would be freaking awesome since im waiting to hear back from other places

waiting to hear back from UT houston so I can give my spot to one of you deserving people!
Did you find out your acceptance on 1/4?

what were your stats?

AA 20, PA 20, QR 22, RC 23, TS 18
undergraduate gpa: o3.2, s3.1
graduate gpa (MPH): o3.89
>16 abstracts (7+ 1st authors), >5 invited presentations, multiple journal articles (2nd author on a JAMA article)
1000+ volunteer hours, leadership experience, etc.
200+ hours shadowing a dentist
I can elaborate more on my ECs if needed...

I think my undergraduate really bogged me down and climbing out has been a mess.

Congratulations! I received an interview invite but will most likely be declining it.

Best of luck to those of you still waiting to hear back!

Last edited:
AA 20, PA 20, QR 22, RC 23, TS 18
undergraduate gpa: o3.2, s3.1
graduate gpa (MPH): o3.89
>16 abstracts (7+ 1st authors), >5 invited presentations, multiple journal articles (2nd author on a JAMA article)
1000+ volunteer hours, leadership experience, etc.
200+ hours shadowing a dentist
I can elaborate more on my ECs if needed...

I think my undergraduate really bogged me down and climbing out has been a mess.

I think you have great stats and with an MPH with 3.89 I would think they wouldn't be so concerned with your undergrad GPA. Could the big issue be the sGPA since you are going to get heavy on the Sciences once accepted? Have you retaken any of your science classes to raise the sGPA? Also, if you do chat with the school and they give you feedback, please post what they recommend, I would like to know since I am in a similar situation.

Just an update, those that were accepted early in the month your deposit is due 1/19 not 2/19. The letter in the mail had a typo.

For those waiting to hear back, you might be hearing back soon since the deadline for our deposit is Friday.

My current portal says this: "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your file. We will notify you in 30 days." Doesn't bode so well...however, wanted to see if anyone else had this message?

My current portal says this: "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your file. We will notify you in 30 days." Doesn't bode so well...however, wanted to see if anyone else had this message?
I did. Received a rejection letter about 2 weeks later.

I got that in my portal and then the next day I got an acceptance email so if that gives you any hope...

Does anyone have 'Your file will be re-reviewed by the Admissions Committee in 90 days.' under their View Admissions Status? Mine has been like this since October 11 and was just wondering if anyone else had this and what their outcome was..

I interviewed early January and they said we should hear back by January 15th. My portal still says "thank you for confirming your intent to attend the scheduled interview". Anyone else still waiting?

Does anyone have 'Your file will be re-reviewed by the Admissions Committee in 90 days.' under their View Admissions Status? Mine has been like this since October 11 and was just wondering if anyone else had this and what their outcome was..
Mine has been that way since Oct 21 and still no news

Mine has been that way since Oct 21 and still no news

Thanks for the reply! I’m wondering if they’re just gonna wait until my academic update goes through to let me know anything. Just waiting on the transcript to be sent from the school.

i had an interview back in october and my status still says , your file is under reviewe and will notify you as soon as we make a decision. does anyone know what does that mean? if good or bad?

i had an interview back in october and my status still says , your file is under reviewe and will notify you as soon as we make a decision. does anyone know what does that mean? if good or bad?
I had my interview on 1/11 and Shannon said our group should hear back this Friday, or the Monday at the latest. Idk how pre-dec. interviewers work though

Hmm, well you aren't rejected yet. So you might end up being waitlisted or accepted. I interviewed first batch and I've been waitlisted

Means there is still a chance but considering that there is an alternate list I can't imagine that it is a super high chance. Its better than "decision made, will notify in 30 days" apparently

Oh so is alternate list better than "under review" status?
So is it like Alternate list > Under Review > Decision made, will notify in 30 days ???

Oh so is alternate list better than "under review" status?
So is it like Alternate list > Under Review > Decision made, will notify in 30 days ???
No, alternate list is after interview and awaiting acceptance when others decline acceptance.

Status
Not open for further replies.