*** The Official LECOM Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope! And I'm slightly bummed. Part of me is hoping our email will come separate since we interviewed yesterday? :/
I'm hoping the same!

Members don't see this ad.

So on Lecom's portal it says: your application is being reviewed by admissions committee, while my friend's says "A decision has been made, sent in mail". Any clue on what this means? Interviewed in October... Haven't heard anything back.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
oGPA = 3.81
sGPA = 3.78
DAT AA = 21 NO less than 20
Two summer research experience
SMDEP (7 weeks summer medical dental education program.)
More than 250 hours shadowing
lot of volunteering
When did you submit your application? Just curious

I have a genuine question. For those that are deciding to go to this school, what stuck out to you about it? I’m saying this because during my interview I really liked the professors however once the students gave us a tour they really turned me away by constantly saying “if you get in somewhere else go there” idk if it was just my tour guides but was just curious about my question!

I have a genuine question. For those that are deciding to go to this school, what stuck out to you about it? I’m saying this because during my interview I really liked the professors however once the students gave us a tour they really turned me away by constantly saying “if you get in somewhere else go there” idk if it was just my tour guides but was just curious about my question!

Really? Did they say why? Seems like an odd thing for the student tour guides to say.

Definitely would've asked them why they felt that way. The students I talked to chose LECOM over their other options.

they just kept reiterating that even though it’s a good school, it’s the only school they got into and if they had gotten in elsewhere they would’ve gone. Maybe they were just having a bad day? But what about the school stands out to you?

they just kept reiterating that even though it’s a good school, it’s the only school they got into and if they had gotten in elsewhere they would’ve gone. Maybe they were just having a bad day? But what about the school stands out to you?

The facilities were nice and new. Particularly I was impressed with the operatories. It’s nicely designed and you’re not isolated in cubicles like most set ups. They don’t particularly have a good rep on SDN however. They are a fairly young school though so not have the stats or history to back up a better reputation. What’d you think about them? I’m also looking for more insight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

According to students and faculty, almost everyone passes the boards (96-99%), and this is also the trends with every dental school I've interviewed at.

I found the student lead format to be effective since a few of my pre-med courses were also ran that way. Which I prefer.
The amount of clinical experience you get by the time you graduate.
Other factors: weather/climate, location, beach

Reactions: 1 user
My only concern for this school is that the faculty hyped up PBL and talked about how effective it is and then the student tour guides said it was dumb and a waste of time. They said that it’s super easy and they didn’t have to put forth much effort to pass the class. One of them even said that they didn’t study or do school work after 6 pm every day because there isn’t much to do

My guides all said the contrary. They did talk about how PBL isn't for everyone and some didn't like it, but then it started to grow on them or they at least tolerated it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Looking at the curriculum, most of the PBL classes are sciences courses.
But if 96-99% of the class is passing their boards, they are preparing their students with adequate knowledge and skills for being future dentists.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone! Did not realize there was a forum for the official class of 2022. I received the acceptance letter yesterday :)

Hi so I am a current LECOM student (D2). Please don't let the people that toured you be a reason you don't attend LECOM. There are a lot of our students that did not get in elsewhere, but that also occurs at other schools. The students at our school just are more willing to tell you the truth. As a current student, we are busy, we do study alot, some weeks not as much, and in regards to what someone else said about not studying past 6pm, not everyone has the same study habits. I personally study till way into the night, and my roommate studies up until 3am some nights. Because we are a new school, there are a lot of pros and cons, but every school has their own pros and cons. I personally love LECOM and know that I made the right choice for me by attending.

Reactions: 3 users
Hi so I am a current LECOM student (D2). Please don't let the people that toured you be a reason you don't attend LECOM. There are a lot of our students that did not get in elsewhere, but that also occurs at other schools. The students at our school just are more willing to tell you the truth. As a current student, we are busy, we do study alot, some weeks not as much, and in regards to what someone else said about not studying past 6pm, not everyone has the same study habits. I personally study till way into the night, and my roommate studies up until 3am some nights. Because we are a new school, there are a lot of pros and cons, but every school has their own pros and cons. I personally love LECOM and know that I made the right choice for me by attending.
Thank you for that!! I personally really loved the school from the brand new facility and the huge clinic rooms that are assigned to each student. I was just thrown off after hearing them but what you said makes complete sense!

What schools did you choose LECOM over?

So on Lecom's portal it says: your application is being reviewed by admissions committee, while my friend's says "A decision has been made, sent in mail". Any clue on what this means? Interviewed in October... Haven't heard anything back.
After studying last year tread, I think your friend either got on waitlist or rejection. I have the same status as you. We are in between acceptance and waitlist.

After studying last year tread, I think your friend either got on waitlist or rejection. I have the same status as you. We are in between acceptance and waitlist.
Hey, mine literally just changed about an hour ago. So I really hope that I'm accepted..

I interviewed in first batch and still haven't heard anything :( Portal says "none."

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I'll be declining my spot at LECOM, so hopefully one of y'all can snag it! Best of luck!

Got the letter + the e-mail for the background check today.

I heard that they are scrapping the P/F and doing graded for the next class? Any insight on this? One motivating factor for this school was how much more relaxed it was compared to other schools.

I heard that they are scrapping the P/F and doing graded for the next class? Any insight on this? One motivating factor for this school was how much more relaxed it was compared to other schools.

I only recall the students giving us the tour explaining a P/F system. If they are changing it, I'd like to know as well. I agree with you on how much more relaxed it was.

I asked that question during my interview. They said that so far they have no intention to do so.

I forget to mention that they do have internal grade and ranking in case you want to specialize.

I asked that question during my interview. They said that so far they have no intention to do so.
As of November 30th interview they said the will be switching to grades instead of the pass fail

As of November 30th interview they said the will be switching to grades instead of the pass fail

Thats not fair to those who interviewed earlier.. They have no idea and for some that would be a huge deciding factor.

I just got an interview invite today from LECOM via phone call for this Thursday!
Super excited and will be attending!

Thats not fair to those who interviewed earlier.. They have no idea and for some that would be a huge deciding factor.

Hi all, I have emailed Ms Shannon Phillips asking for clarification on the grading system. If they are changing to a Graded Scale, then I do feel current applicants should be aware of it.

Direct from Ms Shannon Phillips at LECOM:

LECOM is still staying with the Pass/Fail system, but for ranking purposes we will be implementing a grading system as well. This will enable us to rank our students for residencies. I hope this information helps

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Direct from Ms Shannon Phillips at LECOM:

LECOM is still staying with the Pass/Fail system, but for ranking purposes we will be implementing a grading system as well. This will enable us to rank our students for residencies. I hope this information helps

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Will you be attending LECOM? Stats if you don't mind sharing.

Does anyone get a waitlist notification or AADSAS status show something beside blank?

They can always call and ask I guess. That's just what they told us. I had already assumed it was letter grades anyway.

They can always call and ask I guess. That's just what they told us. I had already assumed it was letter grades anyway.

Look at my previous post. I already verified with Ms Phillips from ADCOM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Has anyone made a facebook group for people who were accepted/going to LECOM?

I have submitted my application and secondary to LECOM October 8th. I understand that's a bit late but I have not been rejected by them yet nor have I heard back from interviews. What are the chances that I would hear about post December interviews if there are any. I have a 21AA 23TS 3.41oGPA Undergrad and 3.41 graduate GPA ( BMS)

I have submitted my application and secondary to LECOM October 8th. I understand that's a bit late but I have not been rejected by them yet nor have I heard back from interviews. What are the chances that I would hear about post December interviews if there are any. I have a 21AA 23TS 3.41oGPA Undergrad and 3.41 graduate GPA ( BMS)
Last cycle they interviewed into April.

I interviewed early and my status on the LECOM portal states "The Admissions Committee has not made a decision on your file. We will notify you as soon as a decision has been made."

Anyone else's status the same as mine?

I interviewed early and my status on the LECOM portal states "The Admissions Committee has not made a decision on your file. We will notify you as soon as a decision has been made."

Last edited:
I noticed my portal now says the admissions committee has made a decision, a letter will be sent within 30 days. Anyone else get this on their portal? However, my AAADSAS portal still says none. And does anybody know if there is a difference between a waitlist and alternative list at LECOM?

I noticed my portal now says the admissions committee has made a decision, a letter will be sent within 30 days. Anyone else get this on their portal? However, my AAADSAS portal still says none. And does anybody know if there is a difference between a waitlist and alternative list at LECOM?
They are the same to LECOM. You can call and ask for your status I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.