*** The Official LECOM Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never got an email about the school shutting down! Just the one confirming my attendance so I assumed it was still gonna go through. Is your contact Shannon Philips?

"September 10, 2017 - To All Students On The Bradenton Campus: Classes will resume on September 18th

College of Osteopathic Medicine Bradenton
First and Second Year Students will report on Monday, September 18th at 7:30am.

Third and Fourth Year Clinical Students Bradenton and Erie stationed in Florida resume rotations on Monday September 18th. This is the start of a new rotation block - 5. If LECOM’s Clinical Office finds that the site is unable to accept students secondary to the results of the storm, Dr. Shabloski, Assistant Dean of Clinical Education (814-860-5143 and/or [email protected]) is prepared to reassign a rotation to keep you on schedule. If you know of an issue, please contact him directly. Dr. Shabloski has emailed all students and is waiting for confirmation of your status.

School of Pharmacy
Classes on campus will resume on Monday, September 18th. Report to your normal exam block time, THERE WILL BE NO TESTS; however, there will be an Administrative Briefing.

For those students on rotation, please report to your site on September 18th.

Masters of Medical Science
Classes will resume on Monday, September 18th at the regularly scheduled time.

School of Dental Medicine, In Bradenton
First, Second and Third year students will resume class on Monday, September 18th at the regular scheduled time."

Home | LECOM Portal

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Just received a portal update saying that my apps incomplete. The LECOM portal states that "The Admissions Committee requests a transcript with final grades from all courses.” I emailed the committee asking if they want my summer grades or the fall '17 ones that aren't possible right now... Any thoughts?

Also, good sign or bad sign?

Members don't see this ad :)
Flying into Tampa tomorrow. Anyone want to share an uber into the bradenton/sarasota area?

LECOM received my supplemental on 7/31, and I still have nothing under required letters and credits, view folder items, on my portal. Has this happened to anyone else?

It also still says this under admission status: We received your supplemental application. The review process will begin on your file. You will be notified when updates are made.

LECOM received my supplemental on 7/31, and I still have nothing under required letters and credits, view folder items, on my portal. Has this happened to anyone else?

It also still says this under admission status: We received your supplemental application. The review process will begin on your file. You will be notified when updates are made.

Yeah I'm in the exact same situation except I think my supplemental was received maybe a week or so before yours. I'm not worrying that much. My stats aren't bad but they are not great but it does seem like they're offering invites to locals and those with great stats as of now (this may not even be true it's just an assumption I made). I assume you have everything in so that's a good thing but it's still early in the cycle and there should be more interview invites to be sent out. Don't worry too much. And they did just have Hurricane Irma visit them so I would try and give it some time.

Yeah I'm in the exact same situation except I think my supplemental was received maybe a week or so before yours. I'm not worrying that much. My stats aren't bad but they are not great but it does seem like they're offering invites to locals and those with great stats as of now (this may not even be true it's just an assumption I made). I assume you have everything in so that's a good thing but it's still early in the cycle and there should be more interview invites to be sent out. Don't worry too much. And they did just have Hurricane Irma visit them so I would try and give it some time.

Yeah good point I just didn't know if something went wrong somewhere, but that sounds pretty reasonable, thanks for your reply!

Sorry also does your portal say none? I don't think mine has ever changed to anything else

So it's just that short supplemental that we have to complete after submitting the main AADSAS application, correct? We didn't have to send in other documents such as a 2x2 photo or other items?

So it's just that short supplemental that we have to complete after submitting the main AADSAS application, correct? We didn't have to send in other documents such as a 2x2 photo or other items?

I did not send in anything else

I was complete around 7/25 and didn't have anything checked as received until 9/12 after I emailed them.

I was in the same situation as you as well. I called before the hurricane made landfall and before they closed because nothing was showing up in my folder items on the portal. They said that they hadn't checked my prerequisites and letters yet, but they did it on the phone with me and I got the email today that it was all confirmed on their portal. It may be worth giving them a call like I did.

EDIT: My admissions status now says "Your application has been processed and will be sent to the Admissions Committee for futher review. Your will be notified as soon as a decision has been made." So that changed from saying just the supplemental had been received.

Is anyone interviewing on 9/21? I did not receive a confirmation email and I was wondering if it is still on?

Members don't see this ad :)
So I interviewed at LECOM last Thursday and now my AADSAS portal says "none" instead of "Invited for Interview." Is anybody else's like that as well? I'm worried that this means I didn't get in or something

So I interviewed at LECOM last Thursday and now my AADSAS portal says "none" instead of "Invited for Interview." Is anybody else's like that as well? I'm worried that this means I didn't get in or something
yeah i think they change it for everyone that interviewed

Mine says "none" as well. On the LECOM portal it says, " Your file is under review by the Admissions Committee. We will notify you as soon as a decision has been made."

Anyone who interviewed already, what time did you get out for the day and how was it

Is anyone interviewing on 10/12 and want to split a hotel room (females only please) or at least coordinate to stay in the same hotel so we can split an uber to the interview? Running very low on funds here :(

Please DM if interested!

I had the same thing displayed on my portal. Only changed once I was invited for an interview.

For those of you who already had an interview at this school, what was the format (closed file, open file, group interview, MMIs) of the interview? And what were your stats for volunteering hours/extracurriculars? I have ~200 shadowing hours and over 400 volunteering hours. And has anyone taken the pre-req courses at a community college?

Does anyone know how parking works during the interview day?

For those of you who already had an interview at this school, what was the format (closed file, open file, group interview, MMIs) of the interview? And what were your stats for volunteering hours/extracurriculars? I have ~200 shadowing hours and over 400 volunteering hours. And has anyone taken the pre-req courses at a community college?
Not sure it was open or closed file. It's group interview in a group of 6 people and 2 interviewers. My advice is to bounce answers off each other, be friendly and attentive to others' answering and if you have your own opinion don't be afraid to disagree! In my personal own opinion, don't worry too much about how many hours you have, but rather what is it that you learned from those experiences while volunteering? What did you learn about yourself or others? (And how can you integrate that into your interview answers) It's definitely a pretty relaxed interview, and the interviewers were friendly and not intimidating but WILL ask clarity/questions if you give one sentence answers.

Does anyone know how parking works during the interview day?
People parked in the parking lot and it was fine. I was dropped off so I didn't have that issue but I did see other people interviewing park there.

Just realized soap carving is a part of the interview day and my interview is scheduled this Thursday. I emailed someone on Friday, but haven't recieved a response. Anyone know if the carving is the same as the Canadian DAT? I'd like to practice at least a couple times before the interview. Any help is much appreciated.

Just realized soap carving is a part of the interview day and my interview is scheduled this Thursday. I emailed someone on Friday, but haven't recieved a response. Anyone know if the carving is the same as the Canadian DAT? I'd like to practice at least a couple times before the interview. Any help is much appreciated.
It's more of an ice breaker. No need to stress over it! I didn't practice at all. Just have fun!

Invited for an interview!
Application sent out: 7/2/17
Application Complete: 8/22/17

Last edited:
"We received your supplemental application. The review process will begin on your file. You will be notified when updates are made."
If this is the current status on my LECOM portal, is there anything more I have to do?

"We received your supplemental application. The review process will begin on your file. You will be notified when updates are made."
If this is the current status on my LECOM portal, is there anything more I have to do?
nope. just gotta wait.

is it too late too apply this cycle for LECOM... I have my LOR, transcript and most my app completed.

I'm confused to how you received info that your folder was complete but you said your application wasn't complete until 8-24
I never got a file complete email, just that they received my supplement on 7/24. My application was considered complete 8/22 on the online portal for LECOM.

Interview invite #1
School: LECOM
Notification date: 10/4/17
Method of notification: Email

Last edited:
Interview invite #1
School: LECOM
Notification date: 10/4/17
Method of notification: Email
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/21/17
Application complete date: 8/28/17
GPA (science, overall): 3.5, 3.4
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/20/20 No
What state are you from?

Got an invite today!

Anyone who has interviewed already, what time did the interview end? Does anyone think it matters if I schedule sooner rather than later? The options that fit my schedule are Nov 16 and Nov 30.

Got an invite today!

Anyone who has interviewed already, what time did the interview end? Does anyone think it matters if I schedule sooner rather than later? The options that fit my schedule are Nov 16 and Nov 30.

Just curious, when did you turn in your supplemental?

Interviewed recently and here are the stats they gave us for this year (estimated):

Applicants: ~4,000
Those who filled out secondary: ~3,200
Will be Interviewed: ~600
Will Accept: ~105
In state: ~35-45

Interview was very laid back. Facilities were amazing and staff/students were very excited to be there. I wont discuss specific interview questions but they were all very traditional questions that were done in group interviews of 6 people+2 interviewers.

The day starts with breakfast and then they have multiple people come in and give speels about PBL, mission statement/about LECOM, how the clinic works, etc.
Then they split you up into groups of 6 and interview you as a group, quick tip DON'T BE SHY.
Finish the day with lunch/discussion with students/tour and then lastly discussion about cost and financial aid and wrap up. Out the doors by 2:15ish.

Overall an awesome school!! Would be greatful to be accepted there.

Reactions: 2 users
Just curious, when did you turn in your supplemental?

I had everything delivered ASAP. My application was done first week of June and the supplemental as soon as available.

quick question is this showing a rejection ?" The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your file. We will notify you in 30 days."

quick question is this showing a rejection ?" The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your file. We will notify you in 30 days."

Before or after interview?

Interviewed recently and here are the stats they gave us for this year (estimated):

Applicants: ~4,000
Those who filled out secondary: ~3,200
Will be Interviewed: ~600
Will Accept: ~105
In state: ~35-45

Interview was very laid back. Facilities were amazing and staff/students were very excited to be there. I wont discuss specific interview questions but they were all very traditional questions that were done in group interviews of 6 people+2 interviewers.

The day starts with breakfast and then they have multiple people come in and give speels about PBL, mission statement/about LECOM, how the clinic works, etc.
Then they split you up into groups of 6 and interview you as a group, quick tip DON'T BE SHY.
Finish the day with lunch/discussion with students/tour and then lastly discussion about cost and financial aid and wrap up. Out the doors by 2:15ish.

Overall an awesome school!! Would be greatful to be accepted there.

About how many questions were there?

Finally got my first interview invite today.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.