*** The Official Buffalo Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a second deposit? I thought it was just this one?
Also, when's the first day of orientation again? I can't find it anywhere.

Oh, maybe there isn't? I don't know, I just assumed there is one since most schools have 2 deposits.
First day of orientation according to the statement of confirmation is Aug 6th:
"I understand that I am required to be present to begin the academic year on Monday, August 6, 2018 for orientation and CLD 800, Introduction to the Profession."

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Oh, maybe there isn't? I don't know, I just assumed there is one since most schools have 2 deposits.
First day of orientation according to the statement of confirmation is Aug 6th:
"I understand that I am required to be present to begin the academic year on Monday, August 6, 2018 for orientation and CLD 800, Introduction to the Profession."
Yeah, from what I understood during our interview, there was only one deposit of $1500, but I could be wrong.
And thank you for letting me know! I knew it was early august, but couldn't find it anywhere!

Yeah, from what I understood during our interview, there was only one deposit of $1500, but I could be wrong.
And thank you for letting me know! I knew it was early august, but couldn't find it anywhere!

No problem. I think you mean $1250, right? I paid $1250 for the deposit.

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted!!!! SO excited....can't wait to make the HUGE move towards New York!!

Reactions: 1 users
U at Buffalo posted this:
This year’s AADSAS application has a new online platform. Our DDS Admission Committee has noticed this new application platform may have created difficulties for some applicants. several applicants are having problems completing the application. As a courtesy to this year’s applicants, we are extending the deadline to submit all application materials from December 1, 2017 to January 16, 2018.
Our committee plans to interview selected DDS candidates until end of February 2018.

Did any Canadians get accepted? Also wondering how likely it is to get an interview now...

Does anyone know where they are living yet? Any specific apartment complexes?

Did any Canadians get accepted? Also wondering how likely it is to get an interview now...

Nerdatwork: UB interviews Canadians late in the cycle , usually in January and waitlists them , then makes offers in April to August.
I don't know why. Any Canadians input welcome.

Members don't see this ad :)

I had a pre-dec interview (Canadian) and was waitlisted on Dec 1. Not sure how easy it is to get off the waitlist for Canadians.

Is anyone going to the Admitted student day event? For those that attended it last year, was it worth it? Buffalo is 5 hours away from where I am, so I am just making sure :s

Is anyone going to the Admitted student day event? For those that attended it last year, was it worth it? Buffalo is 5 hours away from where I am, so I am just making sure :s
I was wondering if it was worth it too. I was looking at tickets, and not really finding anything...so I am thinking it's a no go for me :/

I had a pre-dec interview (Canadian) and was waitlisted on Dec 1. Not sure how easy it is to get off the waitlist for Canadians.

Canadians get offers from UB end of April to August, which is post Canadian university offers. This is done I think on purpose because those who accept UB opt out once accepted by a Canadian dental school (since it is 1/2 the cost). So UB will wait until Canadian offers are sent out, then whoever does not go in Canada will most likely accept UB offer.

I was wondering if it was worth it too. I was looking at tickets, and not really finding anything...so I am thinking it's a no go for me :/
D1 here. I’d say it was really helpful because it will help you explore the school properly without any pressure of interviews and trying to impress. Also some of us will be there to answer questions you may have. It’s a good experience and you can connect with each other and even find roommates as well. If you can make it then show up, if you can’t, it’s all good! Congratulations once again and I am looking forward to hearing all the tales from gross anatomy when you guys start later this year. Yikes!!!!

Canadians get offers from UB end of April to August, which is post Canadian university offers. This is done I think on purpose because those who accept UB opt out once accepted by a Canadian dental school (since it is 1/2 the cost). So UB will wait until Canadian offers are sent out, then whoever does not go in Canada will most likely accept UB offer.

Thanks for the info! I just got accepted to Temple and have to pay a deposit of $2,000 by the end of the month to hold my spot but I'm still crossing my fingers for Buffalo.

I have an interview coming up for Buffalo (Canadian student) at the end of February, and the student acceptance day is on the 17 of February, so what are my chances of acceptance?

Does anyone have any idea where they will be living while attending UB Dental? I am searching Zillow for some decent places but have no luck

I have an interview coming up for Buffalo (Canadian student) at the end of February, and the student acceptance day is on the 17 of February, so what are my chances of acceptance?

Canadian Fireblaster2: See the post for Canadian students above, If you are Canadian you will be contacted only end of April until August with acceptance. You most likely be accepted in Canada by then or maybe by other US school.
I already paid deposit for another dental school.

Are any of you considering having a roommate if you live at the Axis360 apartment? Rather pay $830 vs $995 and have some company.

I think Axis360 finds you a roommate if you cannot come up with one?
That being said, I'm considering Axis360, unless I find something cheaper and closer. FYI I'm a guy.

D2 here. Axis is great but i would say try to find something cheaper if you can.

My main concern is the noise levels there, do you know of any people who live there and if so is it bad?
From what I have seen Axis is a good place to live, and some of our classmates live there and so far I haven't heard of any problems. Only thing is that its a bit pricey (well for me it is). If the money isn't really a concern then Axis is the place.

From what I have seen Axis is a good place to live, and some of our classmates live there and so far I haven't heard of any problems. Only thing is that its a bit pricey (well for me it is). If the money isn't really a concern then Axis is the place.
What's an average price to pay for a 1 bedroom around the Buffalo area. A lot of people have been saying it's pricey but I'm from NYC and I consider the AXIS360 a bargain lol

What's an average price to pay for a 1 bedroom around the Buffalo area. A lot of people have been saying it's pricey but I'm from NYC and I consider the AXIS360 a bargain lol

Went to undergrad at UB and lived on the south campus right by the dental school for two years, rent is like $350-$500

right.. my friend got into NYU and she was saying the price for studio is about 2400...
I just googled it and the price is crazy...

Well the average price is 500. I am from NYC too and I pay less than $500 here so you can imagine how awesome that is. Lol

Is there a social media page for UB Dental Class 2022?

for the people that interviewed on jan 25th does it "waitlisted' on your aadsas status ?... i thought they were gonna email us in a week to let us know if we got in or not :(

Btw everyone there is a facebook group you can join to ask any questions, find roommates, etc. Search University at Buffalo School of Dental Medicine Class of 2022 on facebook and you should be able to find it!

When do people start looking for roommates/housing?
I actually went and visited the Axis 360 apartment complex today. SUPER nice. Supposedly a lot of dental students live there too. I just looked at the studio apartments, but the other apartments are nice too.

I actually went and visited the Axis 360 apartment complex today. SUPER nice. Supposedly a lot of dental students live there too. I just looked at the studio apartments, but the other apartments are nice too.
Do you have any pics you could post?

for the people that interviewed on jan 25th does it "waitlisted' on your aadsas status ?... i thought they were gonna email us in a week to let us know if we got in or not :(

I interviewed on the 9th and got my waitlist e-mail on the 17th. I do know that a least one of my fellow interviewees got a phone call the next day.

Do you have any pics you could post?

Yea so here are some of the photos I took! I really like though all that the apartment complex has to offer though, like the 24 hour gym, hot tub, pool, study spaces, etc.

Attachments

• IMG_6010.JPG
    IMG_6010.JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_6011.JPG
    IMG_6011.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_6014.JPG
    IMG_6014.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_6017.JPG
    IMG_6017.JPG