*** The Official Buffalo Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea so here are some of the photos I took! I really like though all that the apartment complex has to offer though, like the 24 hour gym, hot tub, pool, study spaces, etc.
Wow looks awesome gonna check it out when I go up next month. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
for the people that interviewed on jan 25th does it "waitlisted' on your aadsas status ?... i thought they were gonna email us in a week to let us know if we got in or not :(

Mine says the same :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If anyone is looking for roommate, please let me know. I plan on getting a two bedroom apartment at the Axis360. I am a male.

Members don't see this ad :)
D1 here. I’d say it was really helpful because it will help you explore the school properly without any pressure of interviews and trying to impress. Also some of us will be there to answer questions you may have. It’s a good experience and you can connect with each other and even find roommates as well. If you can make it then show up, if you can’t, it’s all good! Congratulations once again and I am looking forward to hearing all the tales from gross anatomy when you guys start later this year. Yikes!!!!

Hi, since you're a current student, thought I'd ask-is attendance mandatory for didactic (like basic sciences) classes the first 2 years? Thanks

Hi, since you're a current student, thought I'd ask-is attendance mandatory for didactic (like basic sciences) classes the first 2 years? Thanks
Technically it isn’t mandatory on paper but it’s your choice. For Gross lab you do have to go because you have disections and you don’t want to delay and lose points. Apart from that it is your choice since didactic lectures are recorded. You will decide if you want to attend lectures or not. I’d advise however to attend all gross anatomy lectures.

Canadians: any Canadians accepted at Buffalo? Admissions at UB told me they accept Canadians only after April ( after Canadians schools acceptance offers).
Just want to verify.

Hey all! OOS applicant from AZ interviewed today, waiting to hear back! I’ll keep you guys posted! The interview process was great. Very laid back, current students were around to give honest feedback about the school. Overall a great experience!

Hey all! OOS applicant from AZ interviewed today, waiting to hear back! I’ll keep you guys posted! The interview process was great. Very laid back, current students were around to give honest feedback about the school. Overall a great experience!
Good luck! Hope you hear soon! :nod:

Invited for interview. IS, went here for undergrad.

Reactions: 3 users
Hey guys interview next week, pretty nervous!! Any tips from D1 students, or those that have interviewed here?

Have you heard anything back yet? Just wondering how long it takes now that it's after Dec 1.

Excited to meet all of you going to admittance day :) Also, good luck to all ya'll wait-listed and still waiting for an interview!! I believe there are still 30+ seats available

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Excited to meet all of you going to admittance day :) Also, good luck to all ya'll wait-listed and still waiting for an interview!! I believe there are still 30+ seats available
How do you know/think there are still 30+ available?

How do you know/think there are still 30+ available?
67 people are confirmed to be attending the accepted students day, so I’m guessing somewhere around 20 seats are available. But the cycle isn’t over yet. Good luck!

67 people are confirmed to be attending the accepted students day, so I’m guessing somewhere around 20 seats are available. But the cycle isn’t over yet. Good luck!

It's not a mandatory event. A lot of oos people are probably skipping it.

It's not a mandatory event. A lot of oos people are probably skipping it.

Yeah, I got in and I’m from Buffalo and I am not attending. So did a couple other people I know who aren’t.

Have they finished giving out interview invites?

Alternate Status email today, AADSAS status changed to waitlist. The waiting continues...

I was waitlisted too- so did three other students. Do you happen to know if any got accepted or rejected? I heard direct acceptance is very rare. Almost everybody goes on a waitlist first

I got a direct acceptance not waitlist. But I think because it’s later in the cycle they are putting everyone on waitlist. I wouldn’t worry about it too much!

Reactions: 2 users
I got a direct acceptance not waitlist. But I think because it’s later in the cycle they are putting everyone on waitlist. I wouldn’t worry about it too much!
Congratulations :)

Any waitlisters that got an email saying they were removed from the waitlist and to reapply next year?

Any waitlisters that got an email saying they were removed from the waitlist and to reapply next year?

So a rejection?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope you get a chance next year! Do you mind telling us when you received this email? and when did you get placed on the waitlist?

I hope you get a chance next year! Do you mind telling us when you received this email? and when did you get placed on the waitlist?

Thanks! I already got accepted to another school in January, but was just waiting for Buffalo since tuition was signif cheaper... I got an interview in October and was placed on the waitlist on Dec 1. They emailed on Monday to say that I was removed from the waitlist.

What did it say?

Here's mine:

Dear weaselodeath:

Thank you for taking the time to interview with our school. It was a pleasure learning more about your academic background, accomplishments, and desire to enter dental school. The Student Admissions Committee interviewed a large pool of qualified and talented candidates seeking admission to the incoming class of 2018. After careful consideration, the Student Admissions Committee is unable to offer you a position in the incoming class this year.

If you decide to reapply, we look forward to receiving your application next year. If not, we wish you the best of luck with your future pursuit of dentistry.

Sincerely,

University at Buffalo

School of Dental Medicine

DDS Admissions Committee

open

Here's mine:

Dear weaselodeath:

Thank you for taking the time to interview with our school. It was a pleasure learning more about your academic background, accomplishments, and desire to enter dental school. The Student Admissions Committee interviewed a large pool of qualified and talented candidates seeking admission to the incoming class of 2018. After careful consideration, the Student Admissions Committee is unable to offer you a position in the incoming class this year.

If you decide to reapply, we look forward to receiving your application next year. If not, we wish you the best of luck with your future pursuit of dentistry.

Sincerely,

University at Buffalo

School of Dental Medicine

DDS Admissions Committee

open
I just received the exact same email today

yes it says application denied
I am still on WL but I am going to a different school. I was told decision regarding my application (acceptance or rejection) will be made in April.
Even though Buffalo would be more expensive it is within 1.5hr driving from home and not a flight away. Things like that sometimes do not work out.:(:(

Last edited:
I am still on WL but I am going to a different school. I was told decision regarding my application will be made in April.
Even though Buffalo would be more expensive it is within 1.5hr driving from home and not a flight away. Things like that sometimes do not work out.:(:(
Did they anything else about being told in April? I'm wondering if they know they have spots but are waiting until April to go onto the waitlist.

Did they anything else about being told in April? I'm wondering if they know they have spots but are waiting until April to go onto the waitlist.

April 1st is a deciding day for many students because after April 1st you may not hold multiple acceptances.
by ADEA rules you must commit to 1 school only by April 1st:
"Dental schools with candidates holding multiple positions on April 1 of the year of admission will give such candidates a minimum 15-day notice if they choose to withdraw them from the entering class. Dental schools will rescind an offer of admission to such candidates.

April 1st is a deciding day for many students because after April 1st you may not hold multiple acceptances.
by ADEA rules you must commit to 1 school only by April 1st:
"Dental schools with candidates holding multiple positions on April 1 of the year of admission will give such candidates a minimum 15-day notice if they choose to withdraw them from the entering class. Dental schools will rescind an offer of admission to such candidates.
So the real hard line here is April 15, at which point a school will rescind an offer for those with multiple deposits? And the two weeks before that are for the prospective student to declare their decision which school to attend, if I understand correctly.

So the real hard line here is April 15, at which point a school will rescind an offer for those with multiple deposits? And the two weeks before that are for the prospective student to declare their decision which school to attend, if I understand correctly.
*waiting intensifies*

I just received a call from the school asking if I was still interested in attending... so maybe they're starting to make some moves into the waitlist?! Fingers crossed :)

Reactions: 3 users
I just received a call from the school asking if I was still interested in attending... so maybe they're starting to make some moves into the waitlist?! Fingers crossed :)
Let us know if you end up getting an acceptance!!

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.