*** The Official Buffalo Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
When would be an okay time to inquire about the wait list?
Never. In the email it says in bold and underlined letters:
Please note that we do not disclose our alternate candidate rank order.

Members don't see this ad.

Never. In the email it says in bold and underlined letters:
Please note that we do not disclose our alternate candidate rank order.

If you look at past wait listees, they all contacted the school and were given an estimate of their rank.

Waitlisted as well :/
Anyone think mentioning that post-interview I started working as a dental assistant would be worth it?

Members don't see this ad :)
So far we have 5 acceptances and 4 wait lists. Small sample size, but pretty much correlates with their average stats of 80 accepted vs 160 interviewed. My guess, if they invited us for interview in the first place, that means they consider us worthy applicants and would not straight up reject us, unless an interview goes completely horrible and they think you are a serial killer or something. Welp, more waiting in purgatory.

Reactions: 1 user
I was waitlisted this afternoon as well. Interviewed on Nov 8th.

Got waitlisted this noon as well as a Canadian applicant. Real bummer as this was my top choice.

I have classmates that were wait listed. Not over till its over. Send a letter of interest in a month or two, give them an update on what you've been doing, ect.

I have classmates that were wait listed. Not over till its over. Send a letter of interest in a month or two, give them an update on what you've been doing, ect.
What's a letter of interest?

For those who didn't get accepted yet or waitlisted, stay positive!!

I did not even INTERVIEW until Dec 13, was waitlisted, and still got accepted!

Reactions: 3 users
Checkout previous threads for information on waitlist movement. It's a guess for moving off but if it makes you feel better to read those then go for it

Started from 'Continuing Review' status, interviewed in November, and accepted OOS! Woooh!

Started from 'Continuing Review' status, interviewed in November, and accepted OOS! Woooh!
Did you get accepted on Friday or today? I originally got continuing review, interviewed in Nov, but was waitlisted on friday

If you look at past wait listees, they all contacted the school and were given an estimate of their rank.
Well. If you decide to contact to the school, let us know an idea to how many there are on it. I wonder how many they accepted so far.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys. Fellow Canadian applicant here and I was waitlisted as well. I called the school today and they said that OOS and IS applicants were looked at the same, so there's only one alternate list. I wanted to inquire about what "third" of the waitlist I was in but they said that they do not disclose this information - yet in past years waitlisters were given a rough ballpark. :bored:

Did anyone pay the background check fee? I was not aware of this; it seems a little sus to pay $250 for a background check.

Did anyone pay the background check fee? I was not aware of this; it seems a little sus to pay $250 for a background check.

I did. They mentioned that $250 is the maximum they will charge for the background check, depending on what "resources" they need. In my email receipt they ended up only charging me $117 so who knows. o_O

Does anyone know if Buffalo students rent or buy their instruments? If they break one, do they have to pay to have it replaced? Also, do they pay for the teeth they use to practice on? I received an offer and I am choosing between here and UPenn. I am just wondering about any extra costs that are incurred throughout the year. Hope someone can help! Thank you in advance!

Does anyone know if Buffalo students rent or buy their instruments? If they break one, do they have to pay to have it replaced? Also, do they pay for the teeth they use to practice on? I received an offer and I am choosing between here and UPenn. I am just wondering about any extra costs that are incurred throughout the year. Hope someone can help! Thank you in advance!

Ones that break, are replaced free of charge. Missing ones you gotta pay. Gotta pay for teeth to practice on, but you get a bunch in your supply kit.

Reactions: 1 users
Is there a Facebook group made already?

Kind of insignificant but anyone realized that the acceptance letter was dated December 1, 2018 on top?

Is there a Facebook group made already?

Here's the 2022 Facebook group!

Also some advice for those on the waitlist:
1. Don't freak out
2. The waitlist started moving pretty early last year and went all the way until the end of summer.
3. Don't ask about your position on the waitlist, they don't tell you and they won't tell you if you're in upper/middle/lower third.
4. You could keep them updated throughout the cycle but just wait a little longer before you do that

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
For those of you accepted, would you please describe how the interview process went. I've heard there is a writing portion to the interview. Would you be able to explain the type of questions they asked and how much they want us to write. I am not the greatest writer so I'm really worried. Also do you happen to remember any specific questions you encountered during your interview.

I'm the first among my family and friends to apply to dental school, so this is the only place I know where someone can help me. Please help me.

For those of you accepted, would you please describe how the interview process went. I've heard there is a writing portion to the interview. Would you be able to explain the type of questions they asked and how much they want us to write. I am not the greatest writer so I'm really worried. Also do you happen to remember any specific questions you encountered during your interview.

I'm the first among my family and friends to apply to dental school, so this is the only place I know where someone can help me. Please help me.
Tell me about how doing XX impacts you. (XX stand for something that is very common for people to do, but I don't.) I basically wrote down that I don't do XX. What I did was not smart... I probably should have just made something up, but in the end, they accepted me lol. It's a little slip of paper, and they tell you to not write too much. From my experience, it probably doesn't hold much weight, if at all. My particular question would have been extremely easy to answer if I did XX. It's not something you need to prepare for.

Anyone have an interview coming up in January?

Awesome! I have one on the 9th, and feel a bit nervous, but of course excited.
Hey I have my interview that day as well. How are you traveling there and did you happen to find a cheap place to stay at?

Hey I have my interview that day as well. How are you traveling there and did you happen to find a cheap place to stay at?
I am flying in on the Saturday before and I am staying at the Marriott that is located close to the school. I think it was about $100 per night, but I had Expedia credit which made it much cheaper. There was some good suggestions on the university website I think in terms of options for places to stay.

Any chance of interview being cancelled due to heavy snow?

Any chance of interview being cancelled due to heavy snow?

I was wondering this too, but I was looking at the dates for travel and it looks ok -- cold, but ok! :)

I was looking at accuweather and they have an "air travel daily forecast" that might be helpful for you if you are traveling by air?

I was wondering this too, but I was looking at the dates for travel and it looks ok -- cold, but ok! :)

I was looking at accuweather and they have an "air travel daily forecast" that might be helpful for you if you are traveling by air?
I am traveling by jet blue. I sent email to UB just in case since my interview is on 25th.
I heard classes barely get cancelled. Well, good luck on your interview :)

Hey guys, i still havent heard back from the admissions committee. I got an email around late october/early november that i am under continuing review until i update application (because i am a master's student) and i still have not heard back anything. AADSAS still says under review. It feels like its been forever. any thoughts?
GPA 3.4 s
DAT 19AA/18TS
FL resident

Just viewing this thread now, but I was accepted on Dec. 1st as well! Interviewed Sept. 25th. I'll be attending the accepted students day on Feb. 17th for sure!!
Interested to hear about housing options.

Just viewing this thread now, but I was accepted on Dec. 1st as well! Interviewed Sept. 25th. I'll be attending the accepted students day on Feb. 17th for sure!!
Interested to hear about housing options.
Do you know if the attendees are responsible for all travel expenses? During the interview, I thought I heard them say the would take care of it all, but that seems a bit much + I may or may not have been 1/2 asleep at the time.

Reactions: 1 users
Do you know if the attendees are responsible for all travel expenses? During the interview, I thought I heard them say the would take care of it all, but that seems a bit much + I may or may not have been 1/2 asleep at the time.

I’m honestly not sure. :/ I only go to school 2 hours away and have family in Buffalo so my travel costs are minimal and I didn’t think much of it... I would call the admissions office and see what they say!! They’ll definitely be able to give you a better answer than me.

Any guys interested in living at axis 360, it’s a new apartment complex about a mile from the school?

Any guys interested in living at axis 360, it’s a new apartment complex about a mile from the school?
Some of my classmates have had issues living there. We've had several parties there, and it's a nice place for hosting things, but I know they have their complaints too. I would try to get in touch with current residents there before you make your decision.

Do any students live walking distance from the school?

Some of my classmates have had issues living there. We've had several parties there, and it's a nice place for hosting things, but I know they have their complaints too. I would try to get in touch with current residents there before you make your decision.
what do you recommend for somewhere close thats decently nice?

Anyone know how much the second deposit is?
There's a second deposit? I thought it was just this one?
Also, when's the first day of orientation again? I can't find it anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.