*** The Official Buffalo Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone here attend the open house this past weekend (9/9/17)?

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone receive an interview from buffalo this week?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
For those who have interviewed already... is there a place for me to put down my luggage? And how was the actual interview?

For those who have interviewed already... is there a place for me to put down my luggage? And how was the actual interview?

yes, i would like to know this as well! i'll be interviewing 10/24 and am also wondering what's the best way to store my stuff since i have to check out of my Airbnb in the morning.

yes, i would like to know this as well! i'll be interviewing 10/24 and am also wondering what's the best way to store my stuff since i have to check out of my Airbnb in the morning.

Current D1 here! At my interview, there were a ton of people who brought their luggage with them. They had them in a safe area, so no worries!

lee25, any advice for the interview? I've read that the faculty and students are really friendly and that it'll be largely conversational, but I want to make sure I prepare myself as much as possible. Will we be asked about our classes/ grades/ transcripts/ shadowing experiences? Or will the interview be largely to get to know our personalities better? All pearls of wisdom are greatly appreciated -- UB is my dream school and top choice!
I can say that out of the three schools that I interviewed at, UB was the most laid back by a decent margin. The interview style will depend on who interviews you, although I believe most are very conversational. I would advise you not to over think any of the questions and to reply honestly, as it is in your best interest. With that said, UB is the bomb. Keep us updated!

Reactions: 2 users
I can say that out of the three schools that I interviewed at, UB was the most laid back by a decent margin. The interview style will depend on who interviews you, although I believe most are very conversational. I would advise you not to over think any of the questions and to reply honestly, as it is in your best interest. With that said, UB is the bomb. Keep us updated!

Am both excited and nervous for the interview. Thank you for the good vibes, I'll be sure to update on this thread!

How's the interview for everyone who had one today?

I just received an email saying that the committee has placed my application in “continuing review”. Has anyone else received this and is it a bad thing?

I just received an email saying that the committee has placed my application in “continuing review”. Has anyone else received this and is it a bad thing?

I just received the same e-mail. Any advice guys?

Members don't see this ad :)
I received that email as well:( sighhh

How's the interview for everyone who had one today?

The interviews were for the most part pretty chilled out, and the tour of the school/hanging out with some D2's and D3's was nice. However, there was one glaring issue with the entire program: There wasn't any coffee!
But seriously, I found everyone to be really nice and non-threatening.

So you guys think there is no chance of getting interviews at all ?

Hey I got a "Continuing Review" email this morning.. I'm Canadian.

Everyone needs to take a deep breath. I received that same email this time last year, and yet here I sit on campus. It is not a death sentence by any means.

Reactions: 11 users
Everyone needs to take a deep breath. I received that same email this time last year, and yet here I sit on campus. It is not a death sentence by any means.
Okay thanks, I feel a little better now haha. I was so grumpy at work this morning after reading that email.

If you don't mind, could you share your stats?

What were yall stats for the people who got that email and are you guys instate?
Mine personally was a 21AA and a 3.9 overall and 3.85 Science in state.

so it's the same thing as a wait list? or is it different? I got the "continued review" email today- same as last cycle. It says in the email that we are not selected for interviews. It feels like they've already figured out who they want for their 90 spots within the first wave of interviews.

so it's the same thing as a wait list? or is it different? I got the "continued review" email today- same as last cycle. It says in the email that we are not selected for interviews. It feels like they've already figured out who they want for their 90 spots within the first wave of interviews.
In my personal experience, it means you aren't rejected, but they aren't actively considering you. I tried to keep in contact with the school and make my name stand out. I can't guarantee you will be interviewed, but there is obviously still a chance.

Hey y'all! I got an e-mail yesterday that they weren't considering me currently for an interview, but that that might change in the future. Big ups to UB for keeping me informed when they could have told me nothing.

OOS: Oklahoma (where the wind comes sweeping down the plains)
GPA ~3.6
sGPA ~3.6
AA24, TS23

I got the same "continuing review" email on tuesday. Huge bummer... but gotta stay hopeful I guess

In state.
3.97 sGPA 3.62 oGPA
19AA/20TS/20GC/20BIO/23OC/17RC/16QR/22PAT
2 years working as a dental assistant, research exp, career changer.

Hey future D1s! Here it goes again, but one of my classmates here at UBSDM created a youtube channel specifically for you guys! He's been interviewing a bunch of people in our class from very different backgrounds so hopefully, you can gain perspective on the kinds of students in our class. Also, you can see how our classmates interact in an "interview" setting! Hope this helps! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6JMnCNlNRwei96HxJxoYKQ/featured

For those who are worried about the continuing review email, don't worry too much about it! I am another UBSDM D1 who got that email! Patience is key :)

STAY POSITIVE!!

Hey future D1s! Here it goes again, but one of my classmates here at UBSDM created a youtube channel specifically for you guys! He's been interviewing a bunch of people in our class from very different backgrounds so hopefully, you can gain perspective on the kinds of students in our class. Also, you can see how our classmates interact in an "interview" setting! Hope this helps! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6JMnCNlNRwei96HxJxoYKQ/featured

For those who are worried about the continuing review email, don't worry too much about it! I am another UBSDM D1 who got that email! Patience is key :)

STAY POSITIVE!!

I really enjoy watching Abdullah's videos. Helps show the different kinds of people that Buffalo looks for.

^ I would like to know this as well. I contacted a few people on SDN that are current D1 students and they all say it's fairly casual and laid back.

I'd still like to do well and gain acceptance here.

Anyone interview at buffalo yet? How was it?

it was indeed very laid back. Writing prompt then have you picture taken before they call you for interview. My group had 20 candidates and they had 10 interviewers. One was more formal than the other in my case but I really think it depends on who was interviewing you. They also gave us an email list for all interviewers in case you want to write them a thank you note.

it was indeed very laid back. Writing prompt then have you picture taken before they call you for interview. My group had 20 candidates and they had 10 interviewers. One was more formal than the other in my case but I really think it depends on who was interviewing you. They also gave us an email list for all interviewers in case you want to write them a thank you note.
was the writing exercise like an ethical scenario??

Just got an interview invite today (10/11). There were two days available Nov. 8th and the 14th.

Just got invited for November! This is after getting the dreaded "continued review" email last week. So if you get one of those don't fret and keep your chin up! In-state.

Reactions: 1 users
Just got invited for November! This is after getting the dreaded "continued review" email last week. So if you get one of those don't fret and keep your chin up! In-state.
Congrats! Seems like they are giving interviews more to in-state. I'm Canadian so my odds look slim :(

D1 here, saw some of you guys during your tour of the pre-clinical lab, 10/11. Good luck guys, you got this!

Reactions: 3 users
Same thing happened to me. I got an interview invite one week after the continuing review email. There is hope!!! OOS

Just received an interview today after previously being put in "Continuing Review" about 3 weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.