*** The Official Buffalo Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey future D1s! Here it goes again, but one of my classmates here at UBSDM created a youtube channel specifically for you guys! He's been interviewing a bunch of people in our class from very different backgrounds so hopefully, you can gain perspective on the kinds of students in our class. Also, you can see how our classmates interact in an "interview" setting! Hope this helps! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6JMnCNlNRwei96HxJxoYKQ/featured

For those who are worried about the continuing review email, don't worry too much about it! I am another UBSDM D1 who got that email! Patience is key :)

STAY POSITIVE!!

Nice to see my school on youtube. I wanted to do something similar during D1 but just got carried away with everything else. Keep up the good work.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
How many people typically interview in a day? My interview is on the 31st! Nervous and excited

How many people typically interview in a day? My interview is on the 31st! Nervous and excited
There were 20 of us when I had my interview.
Everyone was really nice and laid back. You're gonna do great!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted my app in the beginning of October and received a continuing review email shortly after a week. Really bummed out.

Last edited:
Received an interview invite on Oct. 20th. I think the available dates were Nov 14th and Dec. 2nd

Reactions: 1 user
Do i need to bring anything for my interview? and does anybody mind sharing what type of questions they will be asking?

Do i need to bring anything for my interview? and does anybody mind sharing what type of questions they will be asking?
Nothing too much.
To bring:
straight mentality
your AADSAS application + supplemental (not the actual copy but you need to know who you are. nobrainer but still...)
confidence
note+pen (Having this and making note during conversation can't lose. That's what I learned through my working experience. But ask the interviewer if you can do it before you start taking note. A lot of guys brought a professional notepad. I used a palm sized $1 notebook tho.)

Not to bring:
Lies (NEVER EVER! just be yourself)
nerves
bad food (well... this is more like what you shouldn't do the night before...)

I thought I had a 50-pages long list but can't really think any more right now. Just make sure you be there at the time UB gave you on the invitation and be yourself. Recon the place the day before interview if possible, to plan out your movement in the morning accordingly. Put yourself in front of a mirror right before you walk into the waiting room to top up your sharpness!

I think that's pretty much it.

Nothing too much.
To bring:
straight mentality
your AADSAS application + supplemental (not the actual copy but you need to know who you are. nobrainer but still...)
confidence
note+pen (Having this and making note during conversation can't lose. That's what I learned through my working experience. But ask the interviewer if you can do it before you start taking note. A lot of guys brought a professional notepad. I used a palm sized $1 notebook tho.)

Not to bring:
Lies (NEVER EVER! just be yourself)
nerves
bad food (well... this is more like what you shouldn't do the night before...)

I thought I had a 50-pages long list but can't really think any more right now. Just make sure you be there at the time UB gave you on the invitation and be yourself. Recon the place the day before interview if possible, to plan out your movement in the morning accordingly. Put yourself in front of a mirror right before you walk into the waiting room to top up your sharpness!

I think that's pretty much it.
Did they supply us with a folder with info and a pen?

Yes they did! Folder included more info on tuition/ fees and a magazine on the Niagara area and town of Buffalo.
Thank you very much. I wanted to bring extra copies of my personal statement and resume and didn't want to get stuck carrying two folders!

Submitted app really late (yesterday), Has any Canadians submitted this late and received an interview at BU? stats: 3.5 sgpa/ogpa and 23AA/25TS

Submitted app really late (yesterday), Has any Canadians submitted this late and received an interview at BU? stats: 3.5 sgpa/ogpa and 23AA/25TS

If you really submitted yesterday, I doubt you’d hear back from anywhere until Feb.

Also, BU and UB are 2 different schools. Should probably remember that in case you mention BU in an interview.

Last edited:
If you really submitted yesterday, I doubt you’d hear back from anywhere until Feb.

Also, BU and UB are 2 different schools. Should probably remember that in case you mention BU in an interview.
woops I slipped, luckily i have UB written in my secondary questions haha. thanks for the feedback.
P.S. I didn't submit to all schools yesterday (submitted in july), I added UB to my arsenal yesterday.

Members don't see this ad :)
That was fast. Just got the "continuing review" email this morning. Though im very disappointed, i really appreciate UB actively reviewing my app and informing me of their decision asap.
3.5gpa/23aa but im Canadian so i understand that my chances are somewhat low.

Last edited:
Am I the only one nervous for Friday? :s

Super anxious!! I hope we all get emails!

Super nervous! Is it really 1am they send out emails?

Super nervous! Is it really 1am they send out emails?
That's what we were told during our interview - this was said by one of the deans.

That's what we were told during our interview - this was said by one of the deans.
I felt like I heard them say something like that. I interviewed a while ago so I couldn’t remember exactly haha

I am very much looking forward to seeing the acceptances roll in over the next several months. Good luck tonight/tomorrow, guys!

D1 here,
I want to wish all the very best. I’m looking forward to the acceptances rolling in. I remember last year I was as nervous as you all are now. Good luck guys!!!

ACCEPTANCE!!!!!! This is my top choice and i am so so so HAPPY!!!

Reactions: 5 users
Sorry all, that's what we were told about the 1:00am e-mails. I am also accepted!! Got the e-mail at 6:40am!!!

Reactions: 5 users
giphy.gif

Congrats everyone, live up the next 8 months before school and welcome to UB. If theres any questions, dont hesitate to ask here or pm me.

So, is that all the invite for today or there will be more? (NY resident)

I’m in!!!! Ahhhhhh so excited!!

Judging by previous year's posts, no email on dec 1 is the second best outcome. For now gonna keep hoping.

When would be an okay time to inquire about the wait list?

Status
Not open for further replies.